New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   College (http://blackandgold.com/college/)
-   -   Where is the NCAA? (http://blackandgold.com/college/38001-where-ncaa.html)

OldMaid 11-10-2011 09:41 PM

Where is the NCAA?
 
Where is the NCAA standing on the PU scandal and decades long coverup on Sandusky's child molestation?

NCAA put bug sanctions on USC for Reggie Bush's silly stepfather for taking gifts, a home, cars, and money, etc. Carroll ruined his college coaching some by looking the other and not questioning the Bush family.
Bush lost that Heisman. USC lost recruits, bowls games, what was it exactly?
I totally agree that Bush's father broke the rules. Rules are rules.

This PU scandal is something beyond gift taking.
Where is the NCAA?

Halo 11-10-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

NCAA president Mark Emmert is withholding any action against Penn State until all the details of the scandal involving former football assistant Jerry Sandusky are known.

Emmert said the organization would then make a decision about whether to determine if NCAA rules were violated.
Mark Emmert: NCAA will wait until Penn State probe is over

neugey 11-10-2011 09:48 PM

Unfortunately, the NCAA has to stay out of the way until the legal process is over. Just in the 0.00001% case that Sandusky, Second Mile and PSU are innocent.

But I think as an institution they should be pressuring PSU to cease current football activity, for the good of NCAA college athletics and its general reputation.

Halo 11-10-2011 09:49 PM

I agree with you OldMaid, but I think the difference is Reggie and players taking money to play football is not illegal in the eyes of the law, but is illegal according to NCAA rules.

This case is full of criminal and civil legal issues and the NCAA has to stay clear until law enforcement and the attorney general make their findings and prosecutions are made.

Today, Joe Paterno hired a criminal lawyer from New York to defend himself so I don't think they're done with him or he is preparing for something.

OldMaid 11-10-2011 09:55 PM

Thanks Halo. I understand what you are saying and I will read the link.

I agree with neugey.
So NCAA has to wait it out some since this is a criminal case.

OldMaid 11-10-2011 10:02 PM

Okay. I read that. Absolutely ridiculous.
Wait to see...see waht..what is gainst NCAA rules and what is against the law?
Soo, child molestation is not against NCAA rules.
NCAA should clear and clean themsleves and handle PU ASAP.
I get what NCAA is trying to say, but this standard kind of publicists pr statement is really not good.
I also read the comments and I agree them.

Halo 11-10-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldMaid (Post 347362)
Okay. I read that. Absolutely ridiculous.
Wait to see...see waht..what is gainst NCAA rules and what is against the law?
Soo, child molestation is not against NCAA rules.
NCAA should clear and clean themsleves and handle PU ASAP.
I get what NCAA is trying to say, but this standard kind of publicists pr statement is really not good.
I also read the comments and I agree them.

Oldmaid, I agree with you, the entire situation is outrageous. The attorney general probably told the NCAA to step aside until the criminal case is investigated and prosecuted. It costs the state money to investigate and prosecute and hard evidence is put to the test so the criminal side of cases go to court first before civil cases. So the guilt or innocence of parties involved, as well as full finding, will be available sooner rather than later.

When the civil cases for $$ settlements start up that's when the NCAA can swoop in. Tons of other stuff going on here.

Basically the situation is nauseating and disgusting.

neugey 11-11-2011 07:24 AM

Another thing the NCAA can do is allow the PSU players (presuming none are involved in the coverup) to transfer to another school w/out losing a year of eligibility. Some other media outlets are already calling for this. I think they should take it a step further and let ANY student athletes leave, not just men's football.

strato 11-11-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halo (Post 347379)
Oldmaid, I agree with you, the entire situation is outrageous. The attorney general probably told the NCAA to step aside until the criminal case is investigated and prosecuted. It costs the state money to investigate and prosecute and hard evidence is put to the test so the criminal side of cases go to court first before civil cases. So the guilt or innocence of parties involved, as well as full finding, will be available sooner rather than later.

When the civil cases for $$ settlements start up that's when the NCAA can swoop in. Tons of other stuff going on here.

Basically the situation is nauseating and disgusting.

Speaking of ..who wacked the DA..he just vanished....man this all smells fishy..

SmashMouth 11-11-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strato (Post 347443)
Speaking of ..who wacked the DA..he just vanished....man this all smells fishy..

How close is PA from Chicago again?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com