Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > College

Who is #1?

this is a discussion within the College Community Forum; Originally Posted by Barry from MS Ewww...that is bad. Like Bama really needs any extra help already. Sheesh. Yeah, because with the extra 15 seconds left I'm sure Arkansas could have driven 60-plus yards for a FG with no timeouts....

Like Tree9Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 06:25 PM   #11
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 20,862
Re: Who is #1?

Originally Posted by Barry from MS View Post
Ewww...that is bad. Like Bama really needs any extra help already.

Sheesh.
Yeah, because with the extra 15 seconds left I'm sure Arkansas could have driven 60-plus yards for a FG with no timeouts.
Danno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:54 AM   #12
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 21,363
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Who is #1?

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Yeah, because with the extra 15 seconds left I'm sure Arkansas could have driven 60-plus yards for a FG with no timeouts.
It's a 60 minutes game the last time I checked.
SmashMouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:34 AM   #13
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 20,862
Re: Who is #1?

Originally Posted by Barry from MS View Post
With money or recruits or U of FL scholarship transfers? Or all three?

We're only locking down 2 & 3-star recruits with maybe one 4-star or 5-star recruit per year. MSU wouldn't know what to do with too many Blue Chippers...we're emphasizing team-concept and checking the ego at the door.

Hopefully we are building a lasting program with our recruiting concepts. Like K Major said, I love the way we play our defense and O-Line, and this is the emphasis in recruiting.

The wheels may come off in the near future, but we're riding this thing full...pitting our mostly 2 & 3-star roster against the rest of the SEC's 4 & 5-star rosters.
The truck is filled with money to lure Dan Mullen back to Florida.
Barry from MS likes this.
Danno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #14
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO Arkansas River Swamp
Posts: 1,217
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Who is #1?

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
The truck is filled with money to lure Dan Mullen back to Florida.
Oh, I getcha. The worse thing that could happen to us is to lose Mullen (knock on wood) in the next year or two...our program can't really afford to make him a higher tier paid HC and we would most definitely regress. His recruiting and program-building is showing it works, at least for the 1st half of this season. But we'll see how this all plays itself out...that's why you gotta love college football.

Off topic here, but you're a Bama fan, right? I just now saw Saban talking about winning 14-13. Forgot how scary that dude is...hasn't lost a beat since LSU with being "that one dude you do not piss off".

If you're not a Bama guy, my bad. If you're a War Eagle, really, really my bad and my sincerest apologies.

"I'd far rather be happy than right any day" ~ Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
"Honor: if you need it defined, you don't have it" ~ Ron Swanson
Barry from MS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #15
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 20,862
Re: Who is #1?

Originally Posted by Barry from MS View Post
Oh, I getcha. The worse thing that could happen to us is to lose Mullen (knock on wood) in the next year or two...our program can't really afford to make him a higher tier paid HC and we would most definitely regress. His recruiting and program-building is showing it works, at least for the 1st half of this season. But we'll see how this all plays itself out...that's why you gotta love college football.

Off topic here, but you're a Bama fan, right? I just now saw Saban talking about winning 14-13. Forgot how scary that dude is...hasn't lost a beat since LSU with being "that one dude you do not piss off".

If you're not a Bama guy, my bad. If you're a War Eagle, really, really my bad and my sincerest apologies.
Born and raised a bama fan. Spent half my childhood in Louisiana so that's why I'm also a saints fan.

Odd that my son will be going to auburn on scholarship. I'll never say War Eagle tho.
Danno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #16
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO Arkansas River Swamp
Posts: 1,217
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Who is #1?

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Born and raised a bama fan. Spent half my childhood in Louisiana so that's why I'm also a saints fan.

Odd that my son will be going to auburn on scholarship. I'll never say War Eagle tho.
Staying true...nice. Gotta love how life turns out sometimes. My brother went to Ole Piss for his Masters, and now my daughter is eyeballing that college in Oxford, too. So I see where you're coming from.

Really hope y'all beat the mess out of A&M this week. I can't stand the way they play ball. Give'em a little payback for the last time this game was @ Bama.
Danno likes this.
Barry from MS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:35 AM   #17
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 21,363
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Who is #1?

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Born and raised a bama fan. Spent half my childhood in Louisiana so that's why I'm also a saints fan.

Odd that my son will be going to auburn on scholarship. I'll never say War Eagle tho.
I knew it.... you're really a closet LSU fan!
SmashMouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #18
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO Arkansas River Swamp
Posts: 1,217
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Who is #1?

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
I knew it.... you're really a closet LSU fan!
Uh oh. Questioning allegiances in the SEC is dangerous waters. Watch your 6, dude.

I'll admit that I like watching Bama play ball...hell, Bama don't even consider us a rivalry since they've been beating our butts for a century. And I was all about Bama when Stallings and that crew went down to the Sugar Bowl and kicked the ever-living daylights out of that stoopid U team. That '92 team was and still is the best college football team I've ever seen.
Barry from MS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #19
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 4,285
Re: Who is #1?

No doubt having MSU and Um in the top 5 has a lot of people scratching their heads right now.
Barry from MS likes this.
Mardigras9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:01 PM   #20
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: TEMPO Arkansas River Swamp
Posts: 1,217
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Who is #1?

Originally Posted by Mardigras9 View Post
No doubt having MSU and Um in the top 5 has a lot of people scratching their heads right now.
Including mine, brother, including mine.
Barry from MS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts