Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > College

Harbaugh to Michigan

this is a discussion within the College Community Forum; Originally Posted by SaintLeonard The Harbaugh staff is complete! Without a question, this is the most NFL heavy staff in the entire country. It just has to be. Will pay huge dividends on the recruiting trail, since kids have NFL ...

Like Tree5Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2015, 12:55 PM   #11
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 6,768
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Harbaugh to Michigan

Originally Posted by SaintLeonard View Post
The Harbaugh staff is complete! Without a question, this is the most NFL heavy staff in the entire country. It just has to be. Will pay huge dividends on the recruiting trail, since kids have NFL aspirations.
(brief track record in parenthesis)

HC: Jim Harbaugh
OC: Tim Drevno (Harbaugh's OL coach at Stanford, also his OL coach at San Francisco)
DC: DJ Durkin (Florida's DC under Will Muschamp)

QB: Jim Harbaugh
RB: Tyrone Wheatley (Buf Bills RB coach, legendary Michigan RB)
WR: Jedd Fisch (Jax Jaguars OC) (Yes, we really got an NFL OC to come be a position coach for us)
TE: Jay Harbaugh (Jim's son. No track record really, but he's a Harbaugh, and people with the name "Harbaugh" have a knack for coaching lol.) (Nepotism ftw)
OL: Tim Drevno (on top of being OC, Drevno will double as OL coach)

DL: Greg Mattison (Brady Hoke's DC)
LB: DJ Durkin (on top of being DC, Durkin will double as LB coach)
CB: Greg Jackson (SF 49ers DB coach)
S: Mike Zordich (Phi Eagles S coach from 2011-2012, Youngstown St DB coach from 2013-2014)

This is definitely a top 3 staff in the entire country. No doubt about it.
Already got my bet in that he'll be the one to hand Urban Meyer his first defeat in the Big Ten, .
SloMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:07 AM   #12
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 6,768
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Harbaugh to Michigan

Originally Posted by SaintLeonard View Post
The Harbaugh staff is complete! Without a question, this is the most NFL heavy staff in the entire country. It just has to be. Will pay huge dividends on the recruiting trail, since kids have NFL aspirations.
(brief track record in parenthesis)

HC: Jim Harbaugh
OC: Tim Drevno (Harbaugh's OL coach at Stanford, also his OL coach at San Francisco)
DC: DJ Durkin (Florida's DC under Will Muschamp)

QB: Jim Harbaugh
RB: Tyrone Wheatley (Buf Bills RB coach, legendary Michigan RB)
WR: Jedd Fisch (Jax Jaguars OC) (Yes, we really got an NFL OC to come be a position coach for us)
TE: Jay Harbaugh (Jim's son. No track record really, but he's a Harbaugh, and people with the name "Harbaugh" have a knack for coaching lol.) (Nepotism ftw)
OL: Tim Drevno (on top of being OC, Drevno will double as OL coach)

DL: Greg Mattison (Brady Hoke's DC)
LB: DJ Durkin (on top of being DC, Durkin will double as LB coach)
CB: Greg Jackson (SF 49ers DB coach)
S: Mike Zordich (Phi Eagles S coach from 2011-2012, Youngstown St DB coach from 2013-2014)

This is definitely a top 3 staff in the entire country. No doubt about it.
Already got my bet in that Urban Meyers suffers his first defeat in the Big Ten at the hands of Jim Harbaugh, .

*My previous post seems to have locked this thread out at my end, so I thought I'd give it another go & see what happens, .


EDIT: Yep, that worked, can view the second page of the thread now. Excuse the double-post. .
SaintLeonard likes this.
SloMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:47 PM   #13
Bounty hunter
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Nashville
Posts: 489
Re: Harbaugh to Michigan

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
Already got my bet in that he'll be the one to hand Urban Meyer his first defeat in the Big Ten, .
lol Hopefully.

A lot of comparisons are being drawn to the Michigan/OSU 1969 game.
1969 Ohio State vs. Michigan football game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OSU was entering the game undefeated, defending national champs, and the media was dubbing them "the greatest CFB team ever"

Michigan, on the other hand, was under it's first year head coach Bo Schembechler, who was trying to bring back a football program that had recently fallen on hard times.

Michigan wins 24-12 in one of the biggest upsets in CFB history.

LOL. That's like an identical scenario to how the game might set up in 2015.. (hopefully the end result is the same as well)
SaintLeonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:41 AM   #14
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 6,768
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Harbaugh to Michigan

Originally Posted by SaintLeonard View Post
lol Hopefully.

A lot of comparisons are being drawn to the Michigan/OSU 1969 game.
1969 Ohio State vs. Michigan football game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OSU was entering the game undefeated, defending national champs, and the media was dubbing them "the greatest CFB team ever"

Michigan, on the other hand, was under it's first year head coach Bo Schembechler, who was trying to bring back a football program that had recently fallen on hard times.

Michigan wins 24-12 in one of the biggest upsets in CFB history.

LOL. That's like an identical scenario to how the game might set up in 2015.. (hopefully the end result is the same as well)
... the wheels are in motion, the stage has been set ... I may have to meet you halfway in Cincinnati or something to watch this one, .
SaintLeonard likes this.
SloMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts