Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Everything Else

MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

this is a discussion within the Everything Else Community Forum; Me and a friend of mine, were discussing this last night. What other kind of people live in Mexico, besides Mexicans, for the most part? It's not like there is a large population of Chinese people living down there, running ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #21
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,180
Blog Entries: 1
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Me and a friend of mine, were discussing this last night. What other kind of people live in Mexico, besides Mexicans, for the most part? It's not like there is a large population of Chinese people living down there, running across the border everyday. So this whole "profiling" argument is ridiculous. If India was located where Mexico is, then I'm sure border patrol, would be taking a much harder look at Eastern Indians! But it's not. Mexico is there, therefore Mexicans, legal, and illegal, are going to suffer the consequences of the law. If I were a legal Mexican resident, I would be mad as hell, not at the law, or the Arizona government, but the illegals, that WON'T get legal citizenship, therefore in turn, making my life a living hell. Makes sense doesn't it?

What's popular is not always right, and what's right is not always popular.....
SaintPauly is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 05-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #22
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,260
Blog Entries: 5
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Originally Posted by saintpaul25 View Post
Me and a friend of mine, were discussing this last night. What other kind of people live in Mexico, besides Mexicans, for the most part? It's not like there is a large population of Chinese people living down there, running across the border everyday. So this whole "profiling" argument is ridiculous. If India was located where Mexico is, then I'm sure border patrol, would be taking a much harder look at Eastern Indians! But it's not. Mexico is there, therefore Mexicans, legal, and illegal, are going to suffer the consequences of the law. If I were a legal Mexican resident, I would be mad as hell, not at the law, or the Arizona government, but the illegals, that WON'T get legal citizenship, therefore in turn, making my life a living hell. Makes sense doesn't it?
Why aren't the Mexicans and the Mexican leaders mad at the FEDERAL LAW which actually gives immigration authorities authority to stop people and ask their status for no other reason, which the Arizona law does not provide for? Well it's because the Feds don't enforce it, and the head of ICE says he probably wouldn't do anything to anyone brought to his agency via the Arizona law anyway. What in the HELL has this country come to? When did we become so politically correct and smug that we implode from within?

And is it REALLY cheap labor that has all these businesses against the Arizona Law? By the time we pay medical, ESL schools (Title 1 schools where breakfast and lunch are provided for FREE) and EIC every April because Mr Immigrant doesn't make enough to support his wife and kids to the tune of 3k or more? Cheap labor my beehind. It's a politically correct joke.

Alright. LOL. Who wants to argue with me about this? I'm all worked up now.

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!

Last edited by saintfan; 05-24-2010 at 07:27 PM..
saintfan is offline  
Old 05-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #23
Cake or Death?
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,486
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
I disagree with his methods, but it is the people in America that need balls. Our country needs to elect a president with balls, not one who's actions indicate he might need to grow a pair.
I agree for the most part saintfan. The American people are slowly growing balls. Stand strong Arizona!!! It is amazing to me that the tragedies of Arizona are being ignored in a country such as this. All because we don't want to enforce our laws.
exile is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 10:16 AM   #24
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 6,253
Blog Entries: 4
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Standing up for what you believe in these days gets you called a racist.
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #25
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,260
Blog Entries: 5
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
Standing up for what you believe in these days gets you called a racist.
Don't I know it. Happens to me all the time. I'm sure there are many here that are in complete shock to hear that. LOL

But seriously, you're right. I blame it on the 60's.
saintfan is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #26
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

I would rather live with immagrants than racist...But some things will never change...

Last edited by strato; 05-25-2010 at 02:53 PM..
strato is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 07:29 PM   #27
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,180
Blog Entries: 1
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Originally Posted by strato View Post
I would rather live with immagrants than racist...But some things will never change...
I completely agree with you Strat. The things is, this isn't about racism. Its about the law, and people breaking it. Nothing else.

Although, here's a funny fact of history. California used to belong to the Mexicans. The residents were called Californio's. White settlers started coming West to Cali, before it was ever even paid for by the U.S. government.... So, in retrospect, wouldn't that mean that white people were crossing the border into a land that didn't belong to them? Kind of like the pilgrims did to the American Indians? I guess our own kharma is coming back to bite us on the butt.....

As much as I support the law now, I must say, that as a race, white people have really no room to talk, about people "invading" land that doesn't belong to them......

What's popular is not always right, and what's right is not always popular.....
SaintPauly is offline  
Old 05-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #28
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,260
Blog Entries: 5
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Originally Posted by saintpaul25 View Post
The things is, this isn't about racism. Its about the law, and people breaking it. Nothing else.
You can't fart any more without someone calling you a racist. You are spot on man - no matter what the President (of either country in this case) wants to say, this is about the law and those that are breaking it - and IMO those that want to dilute the real problem with talk of racism. Our country is being invaded, literally, and we're worried about what exactly? Racism? Please...

I'm glad our grandparents weren't so concerned about 'racism' when they beat Hitler back and nearly sank the island of Japan. And yes, for those politically correct among us...I know it's not the same, but it's not entirely different either.

I am the Genie of Sound. Everybody get down!
saintfan is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 12:54 AM   #29
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

Originally Posted by saintpaul25 View Post
I completely agree with you Strat. The things is, this isn't about racism. Its about the law, and people breaking it. Nothing else.

Although, here's a funny fact of history. California used to belong to the Mexicans. The residents were called Californio's. White settlers started coming West to Cali, before it was ever even paid for by the U.S. government.... So, in retrospect, wouldn't that mean that white people were crossing the border into a land that didn't belong to them? Kind of like the pilgrims did to the American Indians? I guess our own kharma is coming back to bite us on the butt.....

As much as I support the law now, I must say, that as a race, white people have really no room to talk, about people "invading" land that doesn't belong to them......
Good piont S.P..my quote was covering all spectrums...Racisim exist and i know for a fact that my father was subjected to it..but you dont ever hear him whine about it..He is a self made man and never wanted more than he could earn..And his family were illegal immagrants..Im all for people having a better life man..maybe im wrong..but if that werent allowed to happen this... country, and i ..u and everyone else here wouldnt have the right to post ..like im doing right now...Now im a Yellow Dog..but hey..im a proud american and really want to help peope we have to figure a way out of this mess...Remember the old saying ..This land is your land ..this land is my land...well that rings true to me..Im a homeownwer and will inherit many more..I pay taxes and i obey the law and i want others to as well...i just want people to care about eachother and not about some distorted ideals they may have...We need to before its too late...Ok im off my soapbox..S.P..but you brought it out of me..lol...

Peace
strato is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 01:03 AM   #30
Senior Citizen
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 3,180
Blog Entries: 1
Re: MLB Pressured to Pull All-Star Game from Phoenix...

People say things like, "All people cannot, and will not get along, all the time." This is very true. But at the same time, if we can all agree, to disagree, and know that we all have different opinions on different things, and can discuss them, without trying to change the other person's mind, then getting along will become much easier. Respecting someone as a human, doesn't mean you have to accept their ideals, or moral views. Just means you can listen to another person's perspective, and form your own opinion, without going ballistic, and wanting to go to war with them over it.

What's popular is not always right, and what's right is not always popular.....
SaintPauly is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts