this is a discussion within the NFL DRAFT BOARD Community Forum; Here: Following the week of Senior Bowl practices, there have been some changes to my first-round projection for the 2006 NFL draft. There are 14 underclassmen in this week's projected first round, three fewer than last week. The top six ...
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|02-01-2006, 11:45 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2005
Kiper Mock Draft 1/31/06
Following the week of Senior Bowl practices, there have been some changes to my first-round projection for the 2006 NFL draft. There are 14 underclassmen in this week's projected first round, three fewer than last week.
The top six picks remain the same, but the one newcomer to the top 10 is Texas defensive back Michael Huff. Right now I have him projected to land in San Francisco, which has the seventh overall pick. What I like about Huff is his versatility because he can play either cornerback or safety.
This projected pick reminds me of what the 49ers did in 1981 in a similar situation. In the '81 draft, the 49ers had the eighth overall pick and selected another versatile defensive back: USC's Ronnie Lott.
I will submit another first-round projection following the NFL combine, which is Feb. 22-28 in Indianapolis.
1. Houston Reggie Bush, RB* USC
2. New Orleans Matt Leinart, QB USC
3. Tennessee Vince Young, QB* Texas
4. N.Y. Jets D'Brickashaw Ferguson, T Virginia
5. Green Bay Mario Williams, DE* NC State
6. Oakland A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio St.
7. San Francisco Michael Huff, DB Texas
8. Buffalo Haloti Ngata, DT* Oregon
9. Detroit Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt
10. Arizona DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis
11. St. Louis Vernon Davis, TE* Maryland
12. Cleveland Chad Greenway, LB Iowa
13. Baltimore Tamba Hali, DE Penn St.
14. Philadelphia Winston Justice, T* USC
15. Atlanta Jimmy Williams, DB Virginia Tech
16. Miami Ashton Youboty, CB* Ohio St.
17. Minnesota LenDale White, RB* USC
18. Dallas Marcus McNeill, T Auburn
19. San Diego Santonio Holmes, WR* Ohio St.
20. Kansas City Tye Hill, CB Clemson
21. New England Laurence Maroney, RB* Minnesota
22. Denver (from WSH) Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College
23. Tampa Bay DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama
24. Cincinnati Ko Simpson, DB* South Carolina
25. N.Y. Giants Johnathan Joseph, CB* South Carolina
26. Chicago Leonard Pope, TE* Georgia
27. Carolina Dominique Byrd, TE USC
28. Jacksonville Ernie Sims, OLB* Florida St.
29. Denver Sinorice Moss, WR Miami
30. Indianapolis Taitusi "Deuce" Lutui, G USC
31. Pittsburgh Bobby Carpenter, LB Ohio St.
32. Seattle Maurice Stovall, WR Notre Dame
* denotes underclassman
Running backs 4
Wide receivers 3
Tight ends 3
Offensive linemen 4
Defensive linemen 4
Defensive backs 6
Most Players Selected by School
USC 6 Bush, Leinart, Justice, White, Byrd, Lutui
Ohio St. 4 Hawk, Youboty, Holmes, Carpenter
Texas 2 Young, Huff
South Carolina 2 Simpson, Joseph
Saints Draft Aftermath - Halo grades the Saints an ___ Last Blog: 05-04-2015 By: Halo
|02-08-2006, 01:55 PM||#5|
Join Date: Jan 2006
RE: Kiper Mock Draft 1/31/06
Claude wroten or Kyle Williams either DT will do for 3rd pick. Should have picked up Lavalie but nooo we passed on him and he went to the dirty bird falcons.