New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   NFL DRAFT BOARD (http://blackandgold.com/nfl-draft-board/)
-   -   who do you like? (http://blackandgold.com/nfl-draft-board/25398-who-do-you-like.html)

jn671 03-01-2010 04:57 PM

who do you like?
 
so guys how are you liking the combine? any prospects you guys are interested in?

CantonLegend 03-01-2010 05:33 PM

Re: who do you like?
 
brandon graham

a couple fullbacks jumped out to me

gerhart ran a good 40 yard dash and is big enough to play h-back.....he wont be a starting running back in the NFL but maybe a fullback for a west coast team like us

D_it_up 03-01-2010 07:18 PM

Re: who do you like?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CantonLegend (Post 210789)

gerhart ran a good 40 yard dash and is big enough to play h-back.....he wont be a starting running back in the NFL but maybe a fullback for a west coast team like us

I'm on the Gerhart wagon, too. He could end up being a Heath Evans-type player in the NFL.

CantonLegend 03-01-2010 07:26 PM

Re: who do you like?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by D_it_up (Post 210804)
I'm on the Gerhart wagon, too. He could end up being a Heath Evans-type player in the NFL.

now here is where i made my mistake

i dont think he'll be a star in the NFL and i dont think we should pick him

but his combine was impressive and i think he could play more than just running back......or i may be confusing that statement with this one.....i think he might have to play something else other than running back

D_it_up 03-01-2010 07:41 PM

Re: who do you like?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CantonLegend (Post 210805)
now here is where i made my mistake

i dont think he'll be a star in the NFL and i dont think we should pick him

but his combine was impressive and i think he could play more than just running back......or i may be confusing that statement with this one.....i think he might have to play something else other than running back

I guess I was unclear, too. Though I wouldn't mind him playing with the Saints, I'm high on him as a player no matter where he lands. I just have this feeling that he's better than a lot of people are giving him credit for. His 40 time was higher than a lot of people expected at 4.53. I think he could be a valuable role player for some team lucky enough to draft him.

FireVenturi 03-02-2010 07:28 AM

Re: who do you like?
 
Sean Weatherspoon-LB-Missouri
Dorin Dickerson-TE-Pitt
That Matthews guy-Rb
Brandon Graham-De

all these guys may be available when we pick.

saintsfan1976 03-02-2010 07:30 AM

Re: who do you like?
 
See below.

exile 03-02-2010 08:08 AM

Re: who do you like?
 
I thought Darryl Washington did a great job in the LB skills. I still like Carlos Dunlap and disagree totally about Gerhart changing to FB. He outran Dexter McCluster and Jonathan Dwyer with the same 40 as Ryan Matthews.

Weatherspoon will be long gone by #32 but he is a no brainer if he falls.

CantonLegend 03-02-2010 11:16 AM

Re: who do you like?
 
terrance cody DT-Alabama
Brandon Graham DE-Michigan
Derrick Morgan DE-Georgia Tech
Brian Price DT-UCLA
Dan Williams DT-Tennessee
Jared Odrick DT-Penn State
Cam Thomas DT-North Carolina
Mardy Gilyard WR-Cincinnatti
Geno Atkins DT-Georgia
Jamar Chaney LB-Mississippi State

any of these guys i would be happy with in the first 3 rounds

i wouldnt be so happy to get an everson griffen or carlos dunlap

also 3-4 OLBs scare me......their ability to cover TEs and RBs in passing routes is not always there(shawn merriman, joey porter etc)......if we are going to pick a 3-4 OLB we might as well skip that and pick a DE instead

SaintPauly 03-02-2010 11:02 PM

Re: who do you like?
 
I saw today, where LB-Spikes-Florida, could drop as far as the second round, because of his refusal to run the 40YD. Alot of speculation was made about him not doing it, but if he falls that far, I think he's going to be a major star. Watched him play for Florida, and he was all over the field.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com