Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL DRAFT BOARD
Shop Horizontal

Finally Draft Day is Here

this is a discussion within the NFL DRAFT BOARD Community Forum; Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II Only 365 more days to the draft. It doesn't seem like it will ever get here? It seems like it's taking forever. With the 32nd pick in the 2011 draft the New Orleans Saints ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #11
Mrs. Drew Brees
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Who Dat Nation (by way of South Dakota)
Posts: 2,283
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Finally Draft Day is Here

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
Only 365 more days to the draft. It doesn't seem like it will ever get here? It seems like it's taking forever. With the 32nd pick in the 2011 draft the New Orleans Saints take............
Hehehe!
breesfan27 is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 04-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,144
Re: Finally Draft Day is Here

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
tis true.....there will be a lot of smack to talk lol

we wont pick him but know that if we do i have a lot of backhands to give out
Oh, now we're not going to pick him. Interesting. Why do you think that is big boy?

I guess Loomis and Payton are idiots in your book.
stockman311 is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #13
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Finally Draft Day is Here

Originally Posted by stockman311 View Post
Oh, now we're not going to pick him. Interesting. Why do you think that is big boy?

I guess Loomis and Payton are idiots in your book.
there are 255 picks in the draft

we have 5 of them

cody is one player

we have a 1% chance of taking him with one of our 5 picks

but chances are he'll be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd so we really only have 1 shot at taking him......and he might be gone before our first pick

so you take the odds.....1:255

not good odds

why do i think we should pick him.....you know that

why do i think we wont pick him......simple math
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,144
Re: Finally Draft Day is Here

Your math like most of your logic is flawed.

Who cares how many people are in the draft. I'm talking about the first round. There are 32 picks of which we have one. Cody just happens to be a player graded by almost everyone as a player that will fall in either the late first or early second. There is no arguing with those numbers.

The Saints also have the biggest draft needs on the defensive side of the ball, especially the front seven. Everyone agrees on this. Your numbers of possible picks have now been narrowed even further.

The fact of the matter is that he plays at a position of need for us, and if he is there when we pick at 32 we won't pick him because A) His work ethic is questionable at best, B) He doesn't fit our base package so he would play all of 10-15 snaps a game for us, C) He can't run from here to there in 6 seconds without getting tired, D) The Saints don't want his lazy ass.

You know all of these things but are too stubborn and foolish to admit it now.
stockman311 is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Finally Draft Day is Here

Originally Posted by stockman311 View Post
Your math like most of your logic is flawed.

Who cares how many people are in the draft. I'm talking about the first round. There are 32 picks of which we have one. Cody just happens to be a player graded by almost everyone as a player that will fall in either the late first or early second. There is no arguing with those numbers.
those are opinions....not numbers

it is their opinion that cody will fall....it is not numbers

The Saints also have the biggest draft needs on the defensive side of the ball, especially the front seven. Everyone agrees on this. Your numbers of possible picks have now been narrowed even further.

The fact of the matter is that he plays at a position of need for us,
good.....now ur getting it

and if he is there when we pick at 32 we won't pick him because A) His work ethic is questionable at best, B) He doesn't fit our base package so he would play all of 10-15 snaps a game for us, C) He can't run from here to there in 6 seconds without getting tired, D) The Saints don't want his lazy ass.
all negative conotations......first of all, his work ethic is in question why? he just lost close to 30 lbs because people said he was too heavy

he doesnt fit what base package? which base package is the one that stops the run again? oh yea....we dont have one of those....might as well get one

his 40 time? really......how many times does a NT have to run 40 yards? i'll give you the answer.....ONCE.....at the combine

as for D....why do you say hes lazy? you are talking about a person that you supposedly know a lot about but are just spitting out lies

how do you know they think hes lazy? how do you know he is lazy? maybe we dont pick him.....but maybe its for a completely different reason eh?

maybe its because there are better players available?

You know all of these things but are too stubborn and foolish to admit it now.
bah......i keep trying but i'll never be as smart as you sir

"deal with it or you can go play the saints and get trounced by 30 and you won't have to worry about it."-colin cowherd
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #16
Mrs. Drew Brees
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Who Dat Nation (by way of South Dakota)
Posts: 2,283
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Finally Draft Day is Here

I still can't believe it! Four years ago, we were the dog team of the league, picking second overall in the draft. Now, we're picking dead last! I think this is the one time being dead last is a huge honor!
breesfan27 is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #17
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: Finally Draft Day is Here

Originally Posted by breesfan27 View Post
I still can't believe it! Four years ago, we were the dog team of the league, picking second overall in the draft. Now, we're picking dead last! I think this is the one time being dead last is a huge honor!
Mrs Brees...can you tell us who we will pick tonite...lol..so Canton and Stockman can make up.....
strato is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #18
Mrs. Drew Brees
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Who Dat Nation (by way of South Dakota)
Posts: 2,283
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Finally Draft Day is Here

Originally Posted by strato View Post
Mrs Brees...can you tell us who we will pick tonite...lol..so Canton and Stockman can make up.....
Hee hee hee! Unfortunately, I can't disclose that type of information at this time. You'll have to wait for my husband to make that annoucement later this evening!
breesfan27 is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #19
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: Finally Draft Day is Here

Originally Posted by breesfan27 View Post
Hee hee hee! Unfortunately, I can't disclose that type of information at this time. You'll have to wait for my husband to make that annoucement later this evening!
Darn...lol...well lets just hope its not Cody,or Stockmans pic...sorry guys we would never hear the end of it...
strato is offline  
Old 04-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #20
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,144
Re: Finally Draft Day is Here

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post



bah......i keep trying but i'll never be as smart as you sir


That's the only smart thing I have ever heard you say.
stockman311 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts