New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   NFL (http://blackandgold.com/nfl/)
-   -   Ben Says Whiners Targeted His Sore Ankle (http://blackandgold.com/nfl/43804-ben-says-whiners-targeted-his-sore-ankle.html)

saintfan 05-09-2012 06:36 PM

Ben Says Whiners Targeted His Sore Ankle
 
LMAO

The hits (if you'll pardon the pun) just keep on coming. I LOVE IT!

Football: NFL Sports News at wabc

Quote:

But I think when we played San Fran, I felt like there were some things going on, some extra . . . Now, obviously, I did have the ankle and I was playing, so there was kind of a bulls-eye on there anyway. But for the most part, guys play tough and you go into a game expecting it. I expect to be tougher than them."

A 49ers team spokesman declined comment.

Tobias-Reiper 05-10-2012 06:42 AM

Speaking of Ben and that Whiner game, that's yet more proof of the NFL's hypocrisy about this whole "player safety" issue. Here's a guy who was visibly hurt, yet was out there getting his ass whooped on just about every play he dropped back because he could barely walk, let alone escape the pass rush.. where's the huge fine? Where are the suspensions for putting a clearly handicapped player play a football game?

Or how about the Colt McCoy incident? Where are the huge fines or the suspensions for sending a player who most people watching on TV (who aren't doctors) knew he wasn't all there after he got leveled by Harrison?

And after seeing Pierre Thomas, a RB, get knocked out on a nationally televised playoff game and leave the game with a concussion, where is the rule that prohibits helmet to helmet contact with RBs? There was a lot more outrage for an OT rule change when Farve "didn't get his chance in OT" ... actually, there is still no outrage, not even someone mentioning the Pierre Thomas concussion.

joker-saint 05-10-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper (Post 404656)
Speaking of Ben and that Whiner game, that's yet more proof of the NFL's hypocrisy about this whole "player safety" issue. Here's a guy who was visibly hurt, yet was out there getting his ass whooped on just about every play he dropped back because he could barely walk, let alone escape the pass rush.. where's the huge fine? Where are the suspensions for putting a clearly handicapped player play a football game?

Or how about the Colt McCoy incident? Where are the huge fines or the suspensions for sending a player who most people watching on TV (who aren't doctors) knew he wasn't all there after he got leveled by Harrison?

And after seeing Pierre Thomas, a RB, get knocked out on a nationally televised playoff game and leave the game with a concussion, where is the rule that prohibits helmet to helmet contact with RBs? There was a lot more outrage for an OT rule change when Farve "didn't get his chance in OT" ... actually, there is still no outrage, not even someone mentioning the Pierre Thomas concussion.

Pierre actually admitted that this was a clean hit. He said he lowered his head and the defender just put a really good hit on him that happened to knock him out of the game.

Tobias-Reiper 05-10-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joker-saint (Post 404676)
Pierre actually admitted that this was a clean hit. He said he lowered his head and the defender just put a really good hit on him that happened to knock him out of the game.

I didn't say it was a dirty hit. It is a perfectly legal hit. The point I am trying to make is that it is perfectly legal for the defender to lower his head and lead with the helmet in that situation, putting not only himself, but the other plaeyr at great risk of injury due to concussion, neck injury, etc., and if the league really cared about the safety of players the way they are spouting they do, that rule should've been changed the moment the Superbowl ended.

joker-saint 05-10-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper (Post 404695)
I didn't say it was a dirty hit. It is a perfectly legal hit. The point I am trying to make is that it is perfectly legal for the defender to lower his head and lead with the helmet in that situation, putting not only himself, but the other plaeyr at great risk of injury due to concussion, neck injury, etc., and if the league really cared about the safety of players the way they are spouting they do, that rule should've been changed the moment the Superbowl ended.

You are correct about that one. I think it is rediculous that we are scrutinized for every hit that we made last year and when you look at it most of them were identical to this one.

QBREES9 05-10-2012 11:54 AM

Why not thats the way to get you out of the game.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com