New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   NFL (http://blackandgold.com/nfl/)
-   -   Vikings moving to L.A.? (http://blackandgold.com/nfl/46997-vikings-moving-l.html)

Wilde18 07-30-2012 04:41 PM

Vikings moving to L.A.?
 
I heard about that few montgs ago, but nothing new eversince. Are there news?

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...ity=losangeles


Somewhere over the rainbow!

Utah_Saint 07-30-2012 04:58 PM

Doesn't look like it's gonna happen now. The state finally capitulated to the Vikings demands and are funding a new stadium. Looks like they're gonna be in Minnesota for a while now.

Halo 07-30-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utah_Saint (Post 422428)
Doesn't look like it's gonna happen now. The state finally capitulated to the Vikings demands and are funding a new stadium. Looks like they're gonna be in Minnesota for a while now.

I think the Rams are sort of in the lead for moving back to L.A.
Also read there are 2 stadium projects in L.A.
One wants a team to move there and the stadium owns like 25% of the team.
A shocker for that was recently revealed.

Spawned a new stadium deal with a separate group to spawn.

L.A. Stadium Deal Appears All But Dead | United States Information News

Utah_Saint 07-31-2012 12:28 AM

I was a season ticket holder with the Raiders (always a Saints fan first) when they bailed. Al Davis was a fool, he should've stayed in LA when the Rams left. I think the city can support one team, just not two.

Halo 07-31-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utah_Saint (Post 422524)
I was a season ticket holder with the Raiders (always a Saints fan first) when they bailed. Al Davis was a fool, he should've stayed in LA when the Rams left. I think the city can support one team, just not two.

I agree with you, but when the NFL was at it's height, and so was L.A., in the late '70's and early '80's, I would sit and watch several games on TV from L.A. Some games were Rams vs. Saints, others would be just Rams divisional games broadcast in the New Orleans network area on CBS.

Even when the Rams were leading or tied for 1st in the NFC west, the Colosseum would be HALF empty or more.

Many Dodger games would also play on TV. The city supports baseball.

It's a tough town for the NFL. How long the NFL has been gone from L.A. speaks VOLUMES on how tough of a town it is.

Wilde18 07-31-2012 12:48 AM

The Chargers to L.A.? Sorry, I can't see that coming. Just been there in September vs the Vikings and they have a fantastic stadium and great fans.

I knew that the Raiders have been in L.A. before (beliebe it ir not, people in Germany still think they are in L.A.! Lol), didn't know about the Rams. Maybe it is worth a try to give football another chance in L.A.! It is a big, intersting city with a lot of cool places. Why not having a football team?

Little note on the side: in England, in the meantime there are are some socce clubs like Chelsea i.e which are owned by someone like the the football teams in the US are. Not (yet) in Germany! But in Europe it is that the teams does not move to another city. That is a fact that no fan would take. That...no way, don't work.

What are you doing if your team is all of a sutton someplace else? How does that work for you?


Somewhere over the rainbow!

SloMotion 07-31-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilde18 (Post 422527)
The Chargers to L.A.? Sorry, I can't see that coming. Just been there in September vs the Vikings and they have a fantastic stadium and great fans.

I knew that the Raiders have been in L.A. before (beliebe it ir not, people in Germany still think they are in L.A.! Lol), didn't know about the Rams. Maybe it is worth a try to give football another chance in L.A.! It is a big, intersting city with a lot of cool places. Why not having a football team?

Little note on the side: in England, in the meantime there are are some socce clubs like Chelsea i.e which are owned by someone like the the football teams in the US are. Not (yet) in Germany! But in Europe it is that the teams does not move to another city. That is a fact that no fan would take. That...no way, don't work.

What are you doing if your team is all of a sutton someplace else? How does that work for you?


Somewhere over the rainbow!

IDK, I don't think I could do it ... I had hard enough time adjusting to the 'Indianapolis' Colts (former Baltimore Colts), the 'Baltimore' Ravens (former Cleveland Browns), the whole Oakland Raiders/LA Raiders/Oakland Raiders fiasco and the 'St. Louis' Rams (former LA Rams) ... I don't think I could handle it if my own team moved ... I'm still kinda' lukewarm on the whole Houston 'Texans' (formerly the Oilers)/Tenessee Titans situation too, :lol:.

sharke 07-31-2012 10:10 AM

My money is still on Chargers. It's what Ron Artest says!

Halo 07-31-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharke (Post 422584)
My money is still on Chargers. It's what Ron Artest says!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/24216938.jpg

Ashley 07-31-2012 10:53 AM

Christ, I wish ATl would go there.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com