Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL
Shop Horizontal

Falcons coordinator calls Matt Ryan a Top 10 quarterback

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; Only elite qb's throw for 40+ TDs a season, though. Cut the kid some slack.... He hasn't even hit his prime yet... after all, Peyton Manning started off 0-3 in the playoffs too, all of them, blowout losses. They both ...

Like Tree27Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #41
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 421
Only elite qb's throw for 40+ TDs a season, though.

Cut the kid some slack.... He hasn't even hit his prime yet... after all, Peyton Manning started off 0-3 in the playoffs too, all of them, blowout losses. They both had a perfect score on the wonderlic coming in from college. Their great knowledge and understanding of the game at such young ages make them so much alike. That's why we run the no huddle offense, the same offense Peyton Manning ran as a young qb. Our old OC let Matt Ryan call some plays on certain drives, and I think Matt Ryan did a better job of calling plays than our old OC.
Halo and Beastmode like this.
atltillidie is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 08-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #42
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,369
Frankly, I think their OC should've just kept his mouth shut, and not mention any ranking. What's the point? You can't put him up there with the money QB's (and by money I don't mean salary) so why even bother? Why even mention "top 10"? Out of 32 starting QBs? That's not even a compliment. Top 5? Ok, that would be a compliment, but I am sure, had the OC made that comment, the laughter heard around the league would've been much louder... pretty sure Ryan himself would've LOL'd.
Halo and |Mitch| like this.
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #43
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,369
Originally Posted by atltillidie View Post
Only elite qb's throw for 40+ TDs a season, though.

Cut the kid some slack.... He hasn't even hit his prime yet... after all, Peyton Manning started off 0-3 in the playoffs too, all of them, blowout losses. They both had a perfect score on the wonderlic coming in from college. Their great knowledge and understanding of the game at such young ages make them so much alike. That's why we run the no huddle offense, the same offense Peyton Manning ran as a young qb. Our old OC let Matt Ryan call some plays on certain drives, and I think Matt Ryan did a better job of calling plays than our old OC.

.. and there you go with the Prisco comparison. Unfortunately, that comparison is only valid in that Manning started 0-3 in the playoffs, and that's where it ends.

And the Colts did not lose all games in blowouts.
1999 16-19 against the Titans
2000 23-17 against the Dolphins in OT


... but you just keep on listening to Prisco.
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #44
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 421
Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
Frankly, I think their OC should've just kept his mouth shut, and not mention any ranking. What's the point? You can't put him up there with the money QB's (and by money I don't mean salary) so why even bother? Why even mention "top 10"? Out of 32 starting QBs? That's not even a compliment. Top 5? Ok, that would be a compliment, but I am sure, had the OC made that comment, the laughter heard around the league would've been much louder... pretty sure Ryan himself would've LOL'd.
Matt Ryan finished 5th in ESPN's total QBR rating last year.
atltillidie is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #45
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,581
ESPN?
saintfan likes this.
|Mitch| is online now  
Old 08-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #46
"Do Your Job!!"
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mid City, New Orleans
Posts: 1,766
I don't care how good his stats are. I don't care if he was the best QB in the league(lmao)..you are on a Saints forum and you are not going to get any love no matter what..you are the ENEMY!! Sry bro..just the way it is..
sharke likes this.
CharityMike is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #47
evil decepticon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 583
Originally Posted by CharityMike View Post
..you are on a Saints forum and you are not going to get any love no matter what..you are the ENEMY!! Sry bro..just the way it is..
THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!
sharke is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #48
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 421
Cool

Originally Posted by CharityMike View Post
I don't care how good his stats are. I don't care if he was the best QB in the league(lmao)..you are on a Saints forum and you are not going to get any love no matter what..you are the ENEMY!! Sry bro..just the way it is..
I understood that from the beginning... but you can't deny Matt Ryan's a top 10 qb. :/
atltillidie is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #49
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 7,581
Originally Posted by atltillidie View Post
but you can't deny Matt Ryan's a top 10 qb. :/
yes we can; for no other reason than he's a Falcon...
|Mitch| is online now  
Old 08-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #50
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,185
Blog Entries: 5
This thread has established that Matt Ryan is (barely) above average.

Another failcone fan strikes again...
saintfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/nfl/47040-falcons-coordinator-calls-matt-ryan-top-10-quarterback.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Falcons coordinator calls Matt Ryan a Top 10 quarterback This thread Refback 07-31-2012 06:52 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts