New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   NFL (http://blackandgold.com/nfl/)
-   -   McCown signed by Falcons (http://blackandgold.com/nfl/49041-mccown-signed-falcons.html)

73Saint 08-28-2012 02:11 PM

McCown signed by Falcons
 
Per Adam Schefter tweet. Looking for the link now, but those punks will do anything to get an edge on us...

Tobias-Reiper 08-28-2012 03:47 PM

Re: McCown signed by Falcons
 
Didn't they do the same thing last year, sign someone the Saints released?

QBREES9 08-28-2012 03:54 PM

Re: McCown signed by Falcons
 
I just shake my head.

SloMotion 08-28-2012 03:58 PM

Re: McCown signed by Falcons
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 73Saint (Post 432138)
Per Adam Schefter tweet. Looking for the link now, but those punks will do anything to get an edge on us...

... yeah, you can't tell me they're signing him because they were looking for someone to make an impact on the practice squad, eh? Falcons probably got ol' Mr. Spock standing by to do a 'Vulcan-mind-probe' on him the minute he reports ...

FinSaint 08-28-2012 04:04 PM

Re: McCown signed by Falcons
 
They are so desperate it's not even funny anymore... oh, wait... it's freakin' hilarious! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/reposit...hahaha-024.gif

Utah_Saint 08-28-2012 04:06 PM

Re: McCown signed by Falcons
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SloMotion (Post 432200)
... yeah, you can't tell me they're signing him because they were looking for someone to make an impact on the practice squad, eh? Falcons probably got ol' Mr. Spock standing by to do a 'Vulcan-mind-probe' on him the minute he reports ...

I think it has more to do with the fact that McCown played for Dirk Koetter for the last three seasons in Jacksonville. The fact that he's been with that Saints for a month is just icing on the cake.

D_it_up 08-28-2012 10:06 PM

Re: McCown signed by Falcons
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Utah_Saint (Post 432208)
I think it has more to do with the fact that McCown played for Dirk Koetter for the last three seasons in Jacksonville. The fact that he's been with that Saints for a month is just icing on the cake.

That's a good point. He would know the offensive scheme pretty well over there. However, he didn't even play well in that system. This is definitely more about the Falcons trying to get every edge possible on the Saints. I would be shocked if he even makes the final roster. The guy is that bad.

atltillidie 08-30-2012 07:47 PM

Re: McCown signed by Falcons
 
Hey, we needed better backups. Double D is the only one that's good.

D_it_up 08-30-2012 08:10 PM

Re: McCown signed by Falcons
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by atltillidie (Post 432829)
Hey, we needed better backups. Double D is the only one that's good.

So they chose McCown over Redman? That's like replacing a pile of crap with an even bigger pile of crap.

atltillidie 08-30-2012 08:18 PM

Re: McCown signed by Falcons
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Utah_Saint (Post 432208)
I think it has more to do with the fact that McCown played for Dirk Koetter for the last three seasons in Jacksonville.

Probably is the reason.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com