New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   NFL (http://blackandgold.com/nfl/)
-   -   Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt (http://blackandgold.com/nfl/54066-lomas-brown-i-purposely-missed-block-get-scott-mitchell-hurt.html)

WhoDat!656 12-26-2012 11:37 AM

Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt
 
This is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard of in football!

Former Lions offensive tackle and current ESPN analyst Lomas Brown made a startling confession in a radio interview on Friday: Brown said that he once purposely missed a block because he wanted the man he was supposed to block, Packers defensive end Sean Jones, to injure Lions quarterback Scott Mitchell.

In an interview on ESPN Radio, Brown said that in a 1994 game, he purposely whiffed on Jones so that Jones could get a clean shot on Mitchell. Sure enough, Brown got his intended result, as Mitchell was knocked out of the game.

“We were playing Green Bay in Milwaukee,” Brown said. “We were getting beat, 24-3, at that time and he just stunk up the place. He’s throwing interceptions, just everything. So I looked at Kevin Glover, our All-Pro center and I said, ‘Glove, that is it.’ I said, ‘I’m getting him out the game.’ . . . So I got the gator arms on the guy at the last minute, he got around me, he hit Scott Mitchell, he did something to his finger . . . and he came out the game. [Lions backup quarterback] Dave Krieg came in the game.”

Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt | ProFootballTalk

************************************************** *******

Scott Mitchell calls Lomas Brown “reprehensible”

Former Lions quarterback Scott Mitchell says he was stunned to learn last week that his former teammate, Lomas Brown, has admitted to intentionally missing a block because he wanted Mitchell to get hurt.

Mitchell told Mike Florio on the Dan Patrick Show that Brown always acted like a friend to his face, and Mitchell was shocked to find out what Brown thought about him.

“It just really hurt,” Mitchell said. “It was extremely disappointing. I’m really shocked by it, to be honest. Here’s a guy I’ve had in my house, I had a big dinner for the offensive linemen every year, he came to my house and ate dinner, I gave my offensive linemen gifts every year. For him to do that is just reprehensible, beyond words. It’s really disappointing, it really is painful. When you mess with my family, mess with my livelihood, mess with my health, it’s unacceptable. It’s B.S. I just wouldn’t do it to a teammate. I wouldn’t do it. If Lomas has a problem with me, come talk to me. To try to get someone hurt, it’s just mind-boggling.”

Scott Mitchell calls Lomas Brown “reprehensible” | ProFootballTalk

stickman 12-26-2012 11:56 AM

Re: Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt
 
So, one of the Raiders admitted to trying to hurt Cam Newton, Lomas Brown admits to letting his QB get hurt, and the Saints are the bad guys to the league?

vpheughan 12-26-2012 12:18 PM

Re: Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt
 
Yes, to teach the rest of the league a lesson the NFL will suspend the entire Saints organization!! LOL

QBREES9 12-26-2012 02:05 PM

Re: Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stickman (Post 467745)
So, one of the Raiders admitted to trying to hurt Cam Newton, Lomas Brown admits to letting his QB get hurt, and the Saints are the bad guys to the league?

Where's Goodell ?

SloMotion 12-26-2012 02:21 PM

Re: Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt
 
Fricken' Lomas Brown ... since when does Green Bay play in Milwaukee? What a fricken' mushhead, took one too many shots to the head playing OT to even know what he's talking about or to know better than to make up a story like that. They were getting beat 24-3 in Lambeau, for crissake. Like Sean Jones needed any help getting past Brown and injuring Scott Mitchell, :rolleyes:.

I call bullsh#t, it's just Lomas Brown trying to be relevant, :rolleyes:.

Papa Voodoo 12-26-2012 04:32 PM

Re: Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt
 
I did the same thing in highschool. I played LT and had a super cocky QB that stunk everywhere but in his own mind. He was having an especially emotional day due to his own suckage, but blamed the OL. In an effort to allow him to appreciate his OL I walked up to the line of scrimmage and told the DE that I was letting him go. His eyes lit up like saucers and the QB somehow got sacked. Only his ego was injured on the play, but it felt very rewarding.

Utah_Saint 12-26-2012 06:42 PM

Re: Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SloMotion (Post 467769)
Fricken' Lomas Brown ... since when does Green Bay play in Milwaukee? What a fricken' mushhead, took one too many shots to the head playing OT to even know what he's talking about or to know better than to make up a story like that. They were getting beat 24-3 in Lambeau, for crissake. Like Sean Jones needed any help getting past Brown and injuring Scott Mitchell, :rolleyes:.

I call bullsh#t, it's just Lomas Brown trying to be relevant, :rolleyes:.

Not questioning the "mushhead" assessment, but...

The Detroit Lions played the Green Bay Packers on November 6th, 1994 in Milwaukee County Stadium. As a matter of fact, up until 1994, the Packers always played a few home games there. The score was never 24-3 in the game but in the second quarter it was 24-0. The Lions rallied late but couldn't quite catch up, Final score was 30-38. Mitchell was having a terrible day. 5/15 with no touchdowns and two interceptions. Dave Krieg had a pretty good game after Mitchell came out.

At least that much of his story is true.

Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers - November 6th, 1994 - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Crusader 12-27-2012 05:28 AM

Re: Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt
 
I wanna kick Lomas Brown in the nuts. What a disgrace to OL-players everywhere.

SloMotion 12-27-2012 06:23 AM

Re: Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Utah_Saint (Post 467817)
Not questioning the "mushhead" assessment, but...

The Detroit Lions played the Green Bay Packers on November 6th, 1994 in Milwaukee County Stadium. As a matter of fact, up until 1994, the Packers always played a few home games there. The score was never 24-3 in the game but in the second quarter it was 24-0. The Lions rallied late but couldn't quite catch up, Final score was 30-38. Mitchell was having a terrible day. 5/15 with no touchdowns and two interceptions. Dave Krieg had a pretty good game after Mitchell came out.

At least that much of his story is true.

Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers - November 6th, 1994 - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Correction noted, :). I guess I'm not smarter than an NFL offensive lineman, :lol:.

Mardigras9 12-27-2012 09:25 AM

Re: Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt
 
Again, these guys don't play in New Orleans. It's sick no doubt, but Goodell would only go on the witchhunt if they dressed in Black and Gold.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com