Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL

Redskins win trademark dispute

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper Well, you should have. Well, when I see you dismiss someone else's opinion with "whatever" several times in a thread and show a lack of regard for any opinion other than your own, I tend not ...

Like Tree11Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2015, 05:58 AM   #21
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,776
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Redskins win trademark dispute

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
Well, you should have.
Well, when I see you dismiss someone else's opinion with "whatever" several times in a thread and show a lack of regard for any opinion other than your own, I tend not to pay too much attention the rest of the way because past experience has taught me it's gonna' become one of those threads, #shrug.

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
You are operating under the assumption that indeed someone was so extremely PC as to find the name "Asian carp" offensive; yet no one finds "Asian carp" to be offensive (well, I am sure there has to be a nut or two out there); not even Sen. Hoffman or Gov. Dayton, I assure you. They both merely found an opportunity to pad their stats without opposition through a totally meaningless action with literally no repercussions whatsoever.
Well, I guess the fact that someone felt the need to introduce legislation at the taxpayer's expense when there has been absolutely no outcry anywhere, anytime, concerning the correctness of the name "Asian Carp", indicates to me that I'm operating under a correct assumption, #shrug. Somehow I feel we're on the same side on this point (a waste of legislation), but maybe for different reasons?

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
So when you say that the name Saint could be misconstrued one day by the "PC crowd", it is highly inflammatory and pure hyperbole.
"Highly inflammatory and pure hyberboble?" ... I don't see your point. Maybe to you, alone, #shrug. "Highly inflammatory"? Have the protests started already? . I think the example of the Asian Carp renaming is a perfect example of how the PC crowd could possibly come for the Saints mascot and certainly not hyperbole, #shrug.
Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
Speaking of letting go of the "pc is ruining the country" thing, probably could let go of the slippery slope thing at the same time.
You lost me a little bit on this one with "slippery slope" thing ... not all your fault, they don't call me 'SloMotion' because I'm the fastest m'fer on the track ... but you're calling for letting go of the "pc is ruining the country" thing, right?

I guess if I was the only one that felt PC is ruining the country and/or society as a whole, I'd consider it, but there's just too many people out there that agree, #shrug.
SloMotion is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts