Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL

Anyone pulling for Carolina the Win the Superbowl?

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; I will NEVER root for an NFC South opponent to win the Superbowl. Period. I will especially never root for Scam. As I mentioned on another thread, I will wear a #32 OJ Simpson Jersey before I ever wear scam ...

Like Tree89Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2016, 10:54 AM   #31
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,458
Re: Anyone pulling for Carolina the Win the Superbowl?

I will NEVER root for an NFC South opponent to win the Superbowl. Period. I will especially never root for Scam. As I mentioned on another thread, I will wear a #32 OJ Simpson Jersey before I ever wear scam jersey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Beastmode and frydaddy like this.
44Champs is offline  
Old 01-28-2016, 10:54 AM   #32
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 20,855
Re: Anyone pulling for Carolina the Win the Superbowl?

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
Exactly, it's about "behavior" and nothing more. I tire of the Cam supporters and Cam himself trying to make it something bigger than it is. It's not unusual to see a black quarterback in this day & age and Cam ain't nothing new, ... I hope he realizes Doug Williams and Russell Simpson have both won SuperBowls and doesn't make the faux pas of thinking he's the first/special, ... of course, him & most his fans probably weren't born when Doug Williams broke that "barrier", .

Cam did an interview printed in the Wall Street Journal yesterday (Cam Newton Won't), I didn't read the whole thing because I ain't subscribing to WSJ for full access, where he tries to interject race into the whole thing. Absurd. People are not critical or "afraid" because he's a black quarterback, that's nothing new, people are critical because he frequently acts like an immature, privileged biotch in a professional sport and they're afraid of his running game, nothing more. It just cracks me up how guys like this try and take ya' back on race relations in this country by interjecting something into a situation that just isn't there, ... Yeah Cam, "it's because you're black", .
Don't forget another of my personal favorites... Warren Moon
And Randall Cunningham

His claims are insulting to those QB's that actually DID experience real hate.
OldMaid, SloMotion and MaggieMayTB like this.
Danno is online now  
Old 01-28-2016, 10:58 AM   #33
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,701
Re: Anyone pulling for Carolina the Win the Superbowl?

Cam wishes he was as good as Cunningham when he was with the Eagles.

The national media today has the attention span and the laziness of a 5 year old and if they did their job with a little research, they would see Cam is not the first "black" QB to play in a Super Bowl. They are trying to make up a story for clicks. News Flash Cam: people don't hate you because your black, people hate you because you act like an immature punk that makes everything about yourself and that celebrates a first down like you have won the Super Bowl. When will these clowns realize it's not having fun, it's taunting
OldMaid and SloMotion like this.

RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 01-28-2016, 12:46 PM   #34
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 6,768
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Anyone pulling for Carolina the Win the Superbowl?

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Don't forget another of my personal favorites... Warren Moon
And Randall Cunningham

His claims are insulting to those QB's that actually DID experience real hate.
Yeah, I didn't even bother making a list because there's been so many black QB's in both the NFL & College ... mute argument, IMO. If it were the '40s, '50s, '60s & '70s, I could see the point, but them days are gone. Can't wait for Cam to write his autobiography, about his struggles growing up in a 2 parent, middle class household in suburban Atlanta, attending an appropriately funded high school that had enough books/educational aides for the students, an outstanding sports program, working bathrooms and was properly maintained. How despite being a stellar student (not), he was hardly recruited and unable to attend a decent college ... of his struggles to break race barriers and get drafted by an NFL team, yada, yada, yada, .

I tell ya', this new generation of civil rights guys miss the mark, IMO. Know what the real travesty in the NFL is? Kickers. When was the last time you seen a black man kick a p.a.t. or a field goal? That time the Lions trotted out Suh doesn't count, publicity stunt. When's the last time you seen a black man kick a punt? Always on the receiving end, #smh, I don't think they even got any brothers holding on field goals/extra points, #NFLkickerssowhite, . Somewhere out there, there's a kid who just won his local city punt/pass/kick competition, but knows because of the color of his skin, he'll never be considered as an NFL kicker and realize his life long dream ... that's the real travesty in the NFL, not the "black QB" debate, .
OldMaid likes this.

~ This space intentionally left blank ...
SloMotion is offline  
Old 01-28-2016, 12:51 PM   #35
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,701
Re: Anyone pulling for Carolina the Win the Superbowl?

Last "black" punter I remember was the guy for the Dolphins late 80s early 90s and cant' remember his name right now
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 01-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #36
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 6,768
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Anyone pulling for Carolina the Win the Superbowl?

Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 View Post
Last "black" punter I remember was the guy for the Dolphins late 80s early 90s and cant' remember his name right now
That's because your white privilege is interfering with your thought process, brofessor, .

SloMotion is offline  
Old 01-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #37
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 4,929
Re: Anyone pulling for Carolina the Win the Superbowl?

Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 View Post
Last "black" punter I remember was the guy for the Dolphins late 80s early 90s and cant' remember his name right now
The Great Reggie Roby .
Danno, Jamessr and SloMotion like this.
K Major is offline  
Old 01-28-2016, 02:11 PM   #38
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 12,143
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Anyone pulling for Carolina the Win the Superbowl?

Cam doesn't know who Doug Williams is - and if he does he'd lie about it.

Anybody here actually believe what he said after the game about not knowing he was playing Denver in the Super Bowl?

Cam Newton is the very (quite literal) definition of narcissism. I want my son to watch him because Cam Newton is a living breathing full blown real life version of bad sportsmanship. He embodies what NOT to do. How NOT to act. He'll holler about respect but gives none in return and justifies that behavior by calling it 'fun'. Plenty of us see it, but he's got every right to do what he does when they shove the camera in his face and give him every opportunity.

For everybody giving rez a hard time, you have to recognize that ethos, and part of that is understanding there's no way on Earth YOU or ME will every affect any change. Cam will either (a) have an experience or three that teaches him the life lessons he's too young to know about just yet or (b) keep right on loving himself to a fault for the rest of his life.

And listen, I LOVED Deon Sanders growing up. Was a Braves fan. He had style. Still does. I don't always agree with him, and very often he's a bit too "I'm right, you're wrong", but I still like the guy. He truly was an amazing player, and he played hard (minus the tackling), and he made no apologies, and I'm okay with that. But there's a very big chasm between Sanders and Newton in my opinion. And by the way Rez, I'm comparing these players for having similar bravado, not their skin color. I'm happy to openly call Bozworth an idiot if that makes you feel any better.

Whether or not WE give these people any space in our brains is up to us. Ignore the rhetoric and have a better day. Vick. Cam. Those who openly defend these guys. All cut from the same cloth. It is our lot in life to tolerate people like this so the human mind can evolve.

I'm not kidding.
iceshack149, Danno and SloMotion like this.

"If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex?"
—Art Hoppe
saintfan is online now  
Old 01-28-2016, 05:46 PM   #39
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 20,855
Re: Anyone pulling for Carolina the Win the Superbowl?

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Cam doesn't know who Doug Williams is - and if he does he'd lie about it.

Anybody here actually believe what he said after the game about not knowing he was playing Denver in the Super Bowl?

Cam Newton is the very (quite literal) definition of narcissism. I want my son to watch him because Cam Newton is a living breathing full blown real life version of bad sportsmanship. He embodies what NOT to do. How NOT to act. He'll holler about respect but gives none in return and justifies that behavior by calling it 'fun'. Plenty of us see it, but he's got every right to do what he does when they shove the camera in his face and give him every opportunity.

For everybody giving rez a hard time, you have to recognize that ethos, and part of that is understanding there's no way on Earth YOU or ME will every affect any change. Cam will either (a) have an experience or three that teaches him the life lessons he's too young to know about just yet or (b) keep right on loving himself to a fault for the rest of his life.

And listen, I LOVED Deon Sanders growing up. Was a Braves fan. He had style. Still does. I don't always agree with him, and very often he's a bit too "I'm right, you're wrong", but I still like the guy. He truly was an amazing player, and he played hard (minus the tackling), and he made no apologies, and I'm okay with that. But there's a very big chasm between Sanders and Newton in my opinion. And by the way Rez, I'm comparing these players for having similar bravado, not their skin color. I'm happy to openly call Bozworth an idiot if that makes you feel any better.

Whether or not WE give these people any space in our brains is up to us. Ignore the rhetoric and have a better day. Vick. Cam. Those who openly defend these guys. All cut from the same cloth. It is our lot in life to tolerate people like this so the human mind can evolve.

I'm not kidding.
A perfect post, except the Deion part. I hope he gets run over by a New Orleans taxi on Bourbon Street.

Other than that, 1,000 likes if I could!
iceshack149 likes this.
Danno is online now  
Old 01-28-2016, 06:15 PM   #40
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 12,143
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Anyone pulling for Carolina the Win the Superbowl?

Why you gotta hate on Deion (thanks for the spelling check Sir)?

foreverfan likes this.
saintfan is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/nfl/76427-anyone-pulling-carolina-win-superbowl.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Anyone pulling for Carolina the Win the Superbowl? This thread Refback 01-25-2016 09:11 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts