Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL

Chargers stay in San Diego one more season

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; The San Diego Chargers have made a decision about their future in Southern California – sort of. The team has decided to stay in San Diego for at least one more season but also has agreed to terms on a ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Halo
  • 3 Post By Crusader
  • 2 Post By RailBoss
  • 1 Post By Halo
  • 1 Post By SloMotion
  • 1 Post By Halo

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2016, 05:33 PM   #1
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 14,973
Blog Entries: 45
Chargers stay in San Diego one more season

The San Diego Chargers have made a decision about their future in Southern California – sort of.

The team has decided to stay in San Diego for at least one more season but also has agreed to terms on a deal to share a new stadium in Los Angeles with the Los Angeles Rams. Plan A right now is San Diego. Plan B is Los Angeles.
Chargers to stay in San Diego for now, but have deal with Los Angeles Rams

Hope they can get a stadium deal in San Diego or something. This two teams in L.A. thing was a past, and probably future, disaster.
SloMotion likes this.
Halo is offline  
Old 01-29-2016, 05:36 PM   #2
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 6,289
Re: Chargers stay in San Diego one more season

Yeah they need to stay put. I think that would be in the best interest of everybody.
Halo, SloMotion and ctsaint01 like this.
Crusader is offline  
Old 01-30-2016, 01:29 AM   #3
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: D.C.
Posts: 2,820
Re: Chargers stay in San Diego one more season

At 4-12 this season it seems to me they have a lot more to worry about than the stadium.
QBREES9 and SloMotion like this.
RailBoss is offline  
Old 01-30-2016, 05:12 AM   #4
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 6,768
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Chargers stay in San Diego one more season

Boy, talk about 'having your cake & eating it too' ... they get one more year in SD, but still have the option of moving to LA. Are they trying to hold the fan base hostage?

I can understand wanting a new stadium, but Southern Cal needs a team.
SloMotion is offline  
Old 01-30-2016, 06:41 AM   #5
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 14,973
Blog Entries: 45
Re: Chargers stay in San Diego one more season

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
Boy, talk about 'having your cake & eating it too' ... they get one more year in SD, but still have the option of moving to LA. Are they trying to hold the fan base hostage?

I can understand wanting a new stadium, but Southern Cal needs a team.
I think the NFL is worried the Lambs will fill the stadium for a year or two. Then after their second 4 win season, the stadium will be half empty, so they'll let the Chargers give it a try.

Maybe they can get the Lambs, Chargeless and Raiders to share the same stadium all at once in the hopes all can fill the stadium consistently at the same time.

SloMotion likes this.
Halo is offline  
Old 01-30-2016, 07:51 AM   #6
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 6,768
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Chargers stay in San Diego one more season

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
I think the NFL is worried the Lambs will fill the stadium for a year or two. Then after their second 4 win season, the stadium will be half empty, so they'll let the Chargers give it a try.

Maybe they can get the Lambs, Chargeless and Raiders to share the same stadium all at once in the hopes all can fill the stadium consistently at the same time.

Well, I've only visited San Diego once, for 13 weeks, it wasn't that great of a time, and I really only got to see the airport, at night, from the barracks window, ... but I still think they deserve a team, .

MCRD, Marine Corps Boot Camp, .
SmashMouth likes this.
SloMotion is offline  
Old 01-30-2016, 10:14 PM   #7
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 22,225
Re: Chargers stay in San Diego one more season

Originally Posted by RailBoss View Post
At 4-12 this season it seems to me they have a lot more to worry about than the stadium.
They were 4-12 this year? WOW they're a bad football team.
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 02-02-2016, 12:36 PM   #8
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 14,973
Blog Entries: 45
Re: Chargers stay in San Diego one more season

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
Well, I've only visited San Diego once, for 13 weeks, it wasn't that great of a time, and I really only got to see the airport, at night, from the barracks window, ... but I still think they deserve a team, .

MCRD, Marine Corps Boot Camp, .
Trust me, you missed it. San Diego is definitely a cool place. My brother in law and sister were stationed there in the 80's. I stayed a couple of summers. Rancho Mission Road... woohoo. We would walk to the Padre games. Lots of fun. The weather was perfect.

I visited several times in the early 2000's and stayed in Coronado. Another beautiful place.

They deserve the Chargers. When these cities build up they see the NFL and owners as greedy screw balls. Really, 350 million to build a stadium for San Diego - what they are asking for tax payers - is a drop in the bucket for a multi-billionaire owner. He made his money from the city, he should give back.
SloMotion likes this.

Like blackandgold.com on facebook follow us on Twitter
Halo is offline  
Old 02-05-2016, 11:23 PM   #9
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 22,225
Re: Chargers stay in San Diego one more season

Goodell going to try and keep them there.
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 02-06-2016, 04:41 AM   #10
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 6,768
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Chargers stay in San Diego one more season

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
... They deserve the Chargers. When these cities build up they see the NFL and owners as greedy screw balls. Really, 350 million to build a stadium for San Diego - what they are asking for tax payers - is a drop in the bucket for a multi-billionaire owner. He made his money from the city, he should give back.
Exactly. When Mike Illitch (Detroit Tigers/RedWings) built Comerica Park (2000 or so), he sent an army through the neighborhoods selling sheets of discount tickets/pizza et ... something like $20 for $200 worth of savings on games/refreshments ... and they were good seats too, ... me & my kids went to a lot of ball games that season ... built a lot of good will, gave back to the fans & he still made his bank ... stuff like that is why I compare him to Benson when you guys talk about the good stuff Tom does for New Orleans, you can tell when an owner likes the fans, .

~ This space intentionally left blank ...
SloMotion is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts