Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL
View Poll Results: What is your feeling on how Cam handled the Superbowl loss?
I have no respect for him since I would never do that. 0 0%
I have no respect for him because no one has ever done that before. 0 0%
I have no respect for him because he acts like a child. 9 52.94%
I don't care. 8 47.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

In Defense of Cam Newton...

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; The Cam debate has jumped the shark, IMO. It is what it is. This is 'Merica ... you're free to be a jerk in public just as much as you are free to be called out on it, #shrug. No ...

Like Tree49Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2016, 04:47 AM   #21
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,776
Blog Entries: 15
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

The Cam debate has jumped the shark, IMO. It is what it is. This is 'Merica ... you're free to be a jerk in public just as much as you are free to be called out on it, #shrug. No denying Cam's arrogance & "pride goeth before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall, Proverbs 16:18, #shrug ... and we as a country llloooovvve watching a good fall, .

I could care less how the guy felt at the moment, or since. He's a million-dollar baby that puts himself on a pedestal and then cracks under the first sign of adversity, #smh. It's about his behavior and all this other crap being interjected into the argument is just flotsam & jetsam. The guy just sets a poor example, IMO, #shrug. Isn't public-speaking a required course anymore? .

Football is no longer a gladiator sport. They don't practice in pads, it's all about "feelings", we got "individual" stars now, showboating, much like professional wrestling, . I can honestly say I'm losing interest, #shrug.

Whatever, I'm getting ready for fishing season ... it's coming early this year, .

No wonder you can't get anyone to go camping with ya', Forever, .
SloMotion is offline  
Old 02-12-2016, 08:08 AM   #22
10,000+ Posts!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 10,390
Blog Entries: 5
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
[indent]
No wonder you can't get anyone to go camping with ya', Forever, .
WTF.... Cam might go camping with me...
SloMotion likes this.

Last edited by foreverfan; 02-12-2016 at 08:56 AM..
foreverfan is offline  
Old 02-12-2016, 09:08 AM   #23
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,594
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

I've been very critical of Cam, but like burningmetal eluded to, you can't "judge" (and I use this word loosely) someone by how they feel. But when you see how someone acts in a negative situation, whether positively or negatively, you get some insight into that person''s character. He could've used the loss to show kids and even adults how to handle adversity, IF he were truly interested in being a role model. Just goes to show that all the smiling and handing out balls to kids and signing autographs for kids in wheelchairs is really just a facade, and not a genuine part of his character.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
44Champs is offline  
Old 02-12-2016, 09:18 AM   #24
10,000+ Posts!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 10,390
Blog Entries: 5
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Originally Posted by 44Champs View Post
Just goes to show that all the smiling and handing out balls to kids and signing autographs for kids in wheelchairs is really just a facade, and not a genuine part of his character.
Damn... you sign like Hillary Clinton trying to bash Donald Trump.

foreverfan is offline  
Old 02-12-2016, 09:19 AM   #25
500th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Broussard,La.
Posts: 959
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

I think Cam didnt do himself any favors by acting like that, but I dont think what he did was over the top. I remember Payton Manning walking of the field after we won the SB without giving postgame hand shakes. How is that any better? IMO its worse and I dont remember all this bashing on Manning. If you wanna bash him because you just dont like him for whatever reason, then thats your right. But Cmon guys, lets get real. You want to bring up the 'good sportsman for the children' argument? I understand your point and agree, but how many 'children' have you seen stick around to watch a post game interview? And if they're old enough to be interested in watching it, I doubt how a player lost his cool is gonna totally change their perspective on how they should handle a loss. There are worse things these days these kids are exposed to than that. And if its not the pro players handling a loss poorly, theres plenty of pro coaches that do it to. How many times have we seen a coach go off the deep end after a loss and we laugh about it? I know kids look up to players more than coaches, but it still shows poor sportsmanship, right? Thats what its all about, right?
44Champs likes this.
Mr.Riaton is offline  
Old 02-12-2016, 09:23 AM   #26
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,594
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
Damn... you sign like Hillary Clinton trying to bash Donald Trump.

Or Donald Trump bashing hillary, or Cruz bashing Sanders... whatever. My point is that it's easy to show good behavior when things are going well. Not so easy (for all of us) when things aren't going your way. The strong ones rise above it. And yes, I'll use Russel Wilson as an example of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
44Champs is offline  
Old 02-12-2016, 09:38 AM   #27
10,000+ Posts!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 10,390
Blog Entries: 5
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Originally Posted by 44Champs View Post
Or Donald Trump bashing hillary, or Cruz bashing Sanders... whatever. My point is that it's easy to show good behavior when things are going well. Not so easy (for all of us) when things aren't going your way. The strong ones rise above it. And yes, I'll use Russel Wilson as an example of that.
You forgot Hillary lying about Bernie too.

But who defines good? Should he be fined by the Goodell? GTFOOH.

Would this straighten this out?

Cam is a bit like Bernie and Trump... he says what's on his mind and doesn't sugar coat it with political correctness.



Last edited by foreverfan; 02-12-2016 at 09:49 AM..
foreverfan is offline  
Old 02-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #28
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,594
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
You forgot Hillary lying about Bernie too.

But who defines good? Should he be fined by the Goodell? GTFOOH.

Would this straighten this out?

Cam is a bit like Bernie and Trump... he says what's on his mind and doesn't sugar coat it with political correctness.


There's so much out there among the candidates that I can't keep up!
What's "good" for some may not be for others. It depends on what you use for your moral compass. I guess Cam and I just don't use the same compass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
44Champs is offline  
Old 02-12-2016, 10:13 AM   #29
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,438
Blog Entries: 2
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Originally Posted by Mr.Riaton View Post
I think Cam didnt do himself any favors by acting like that, but I dont think what he did was over the top. I remember Payton Manning walking of the field after we won the SB without giving postgame hand shakes. How is that any better? IMO its worse and I dont remember all this bashing on Manning. If you wanna bash him because you just dont like him for whatever reason, then thats your right. But Cmon guys, lets get real. You want to bring up the 'good sportsman for the children' argument? I understand your point and agree, but how many 'children' have you seen stick around to watch a post game interview? And if they're old enough to be interested in watching it, I doubt how a player lost his cool is gonna totally change their perspective on how they should handle a loss. There are worse things these days these kids are exposed to than that. And if its not the pro players handling a loss poorly, theres plenty of pro coaches that do it to. How many times have we seen a coach go off the deep end after a loss and we laugh about it? I know kids look up to players more than coaches, but it still shows poor sportsmanship, right? Thats what its all about, right?
For me, personally, I'm not worried about the role model part (though he is a poor role model). It's a respect thing. Frankly I never noticed that Peyton didn't shake hands after the super bowl, because that's not nearly as visible as walking out of a room when you are being asked questions. When I heard about it later, I thought it was petty on his part. But Peyton doesn't draw the kind of attention to himself as Cam does. Peyton does a lot of corny commercials, whereas Cam is a completely polarizing figure. He's got a long history of folding under pressure and scrutiny.

I don't mind the coaches tirades near as much. Usually they are just telling it like it is. That's better than just avoiding the issue. Sometimes reporters ask dumb questions. I have no problem with a player or coach telling the reporter why their question is dumb. When they walk out, they look like brats.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline  
Old 02-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #30
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,438
Blog Entries: 2
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
You forgot Hillary lying about Bernie too.

But who defines good? Should he be fined by the Goodell? GTFOOH.

Would this straighten this out?

Cam is a bit like Bernie and Trump... he says what's on his mind and doesn't sugar coat it with political correctness.


I like when people aren't politically correct... As long as what's coming out of their mouth isn't complete garbage. Speaking your mind doesn't mean you're necessarily right. I know that applies to all people, but there are some things that just stand out as being flat out wrong. And on the subject of Cam, it's less about what he says and more about what he does.
burningmetal is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/nfl/76696-defense-cam-newton.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
In Defense of Cam Newton... This thread Refback 02-11-2016 11:46 AM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts