Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL
View Poll Results: What is your feeling on how Cam handled the Superbowl loss?
I have no respect for him since I would never do that. 0 0%
I have no respect for him because no one has ever done that before. 0 0%
I have no respect for him because he acts like a child. 9 52.94%
I don't care. 8 47.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

In Defense of Cam Newton...

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; Well my two cents on all this is I consider the QB to be the CEO on the field. There are certain ways you act and carry yourself in representing the company (team) you are with. I understand being down ...

Like Tree49Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2016, 11:41 AM   #41
500th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alexandria, La.
Posts: 550
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Well my two cents on all this is I consider the QB to be the CEO on the field. There are certain ways you act and carry yourself in representing the company (team) you are with. I understand being down for not winning. But do CEO's cry and pout when things aren't going good? I'm quite sure they do. They just don't do it in public or in front of the company. They do it in the privacy of their own homes or with a select few they trust. Samething with Cam. He can pout and cry for losing the superbowl all he wants. (In the locker room or at home.) But as the face of the franchise he has a responsibility to uphold for the sake of the franchise and for sportsmanship in general. As one or two others on here have said, I have NEVER seen anyone in his position act like he did after that game in the press conference. You want to celebrate a touchdown? Fine. You want to give kids the ball? Great. I'm all for it. But quit trying to come up with new ways of celebrating calling attention to yourself by doing so after every first down and/or touchdown then throwing a tantrum when you are getting you butt handed to you. He needs to grow up. I hope this experience will make him do just that because he is a tremendous athlete and a freak of nature for the position he plays. He can actually be fun to watch without all the antics he displays. Only time will tell though.
Danno and SloMotion like this.

What goes around comes around!
jlouhill is offline  
Old 02-13-2016, 02:24 PM   #42
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 20,891
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Originally Posted by jlouhill View Post
Well my two cents on all this is I consider the QB to be the CEO on the field. There are certain ways you act and carry yourself in representing the company (team) you are with. I understand being down for not winning. But do CEO's cry and pout when things aren't going good? I'm quite sure they do. They just don't do it in public or in front of the company. They do it in the privacy of their own homes or with a select few they trust. Samething with Cam. He can pout and cry for losing the superbowl all he wants. (In the locker room or at home.) But as the face of the franchise he has a responsibility to uphold for the sake of the franchise and for sportsmanship in general. As one or two others on here have said, I have NEVER seen anyone in his position act like he did after that game in the press conference. You want to celebrate a touchdown? Fine. You want to give kids the ball? Great. I'm all for it. But quit trying to come up with new ways of celebrating calling attention to yourself by doing so after every first down and/or touchdown then throwing a tantrum when you are getting you butt handed to you. He needs to grow up. I hope this experience will make him do just that because he is a tremendous athlete and a freak of nature for the position he plays. He can actually be fun to watch without all the antics he displays. Only time will tell though.
The bold says it all.
jlouhill likes this.
Danno is offline  
Old 02-13-2016, 11:56 PM   #43
10,000+ Posts!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 10,339
Blog Entries: 5
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Originally Posted by jlouhill View Post
I have NEVER seen anyone in his position act like he did after that game in the press conference.
It certainly didn't conform to this.



and then again... maybe it did.
jlouhill likes this.

Last edited by foreverfan; 02-14-2016 at 11:57 AM..
foreverfan is offline  
Old 02-14-2016, 04:43 AM   #44
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: "Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice"
Posts: 6,768
Blog Entries: 15
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Originally Posted by jlouhill View Post
... I have NEVER seen anyone in his position act like he did after that game in the press conference ...
Ndamukong Suh did something similar to that on a few local interviews in regards to one of his "Stompgates". Even went as far as refusing to interview/appear on one local radio station in the future that was really critical of him.

Call it "competiveness", "passion", "culuture" or whatever you want, it's a narcissistic attempt to control the message. Guys like Suh & Newton have always had success and everything handed to them from a young age and have great hubris now because of it, #shrug. You see this a lot in youth sports where "elite" teams of talented youngsters are formed and they clean house in their local regions, but fail on a national or higher level. The kids on the teams are devastated when they lose because they've never experienced anything like it & they act like spoiled children, because that's what they are, .

I find it amusing that the only examples/analogies you can come up with to compare to Cam's poor behavior are mostly of children, . Should tell you something if you're a CamBot, .

~ This space intentionally left blank ...
SloMotion is offline  
Old 02-14-2016, 12:12 PM   #45
10,000+ Posts!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 10,339
Blog Entries: 5
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
Ndamukong Suh did something similar to that on a few local interviews in regards to one of his "Stompgates". Even went as far as refusing to interview/appear on one local radio station in the future that was really critical of him.

Call it "competiveness", "passion", "culuture" or whatever you want, it's a narcissistic attempt to control the message. Guys like Suh & Newton have always had success and everything handed to them from a young age and have great hubris now because of it, #shrug. You see this a lot in youth sports where "elite" teams of talented youngsters are formed and they clean house in their local regions, but fail on a national or higher level. The kids on the teams are devastated when they lose because they've never experienced anything like it & they act like spoiled children, because that's what they are, .

I find it amusing that the only examples/analogies you can come up with to compare to Cam's poor behavior are mostly of children, . Should tell you something if you're a CamBot, .
This is my point... Maybe walking out on the media is Cam trying to control the obvious. Instead of saying anything stupid/verbally abusive, he just walked out. You know... less is more. The less you say, the more they are going to like it.
I know I liked it... especially when he walked out the room. That was great and I laughed my A$$ off.

Maybe that was at least a starting part of working at it. Either that or he hasn't reached the "EXTREME" part yet.

In any case, I really don't care about Cam that much. I'm just taking his side because some many of you are on the other and that side is too easy for another team's fans to go off on. Believe me... My fear or dislike of Cam is strictly on game days.





Last edited by foreverfan; 02-14-2016 at 12:36 PM..
foreverfan is offline  
Old 02-14-2016, 12:16 PM   #46
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 22,239
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Their is no defending Scam The Newton
foreverfan likes this.
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 02-14-2016, 12:23 PM   #47
10,000+ Posts!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 10,339
Blog Entries: 5
Re: In Defense of Cam Newton...

Originally Posted by QBREES9 View Post
Their is no defending Scam The Newton
Are you saying I suck at my fetal attempt of defending Cam?



foreverfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/nfl/76696-defense-cam-newton.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
In Defense of Cam Newton... This thread Refback 02-11-2016 10:46 AM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts