Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL

Colin Kaepernick-discuss

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; Originally Posted by A.8Manning protesting does nothing in the first place This is the only thing I agree on with you. Protesting, no matter the cause, doesn't change the attitude. Blindly protesting just looks worse....

Like Tree122Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2016, 02:25 AM   #111
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,256
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by A.8Manning View Post
protesting does nothing in the first place
This is the only thing I agree on with you. Protesting, no matter the cause, doesn't change the attitude. Blindly protesting just looks worse.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:39 AM   #112
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 33
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Guy, your interpretation of what has meaning and what doesn't is completely your own. I didn't make any of these things mean what they do. They mean something to everyone in here except you. People have differing opinions on whether sitting or standing is acceptable, but people all have an opinion on what the flag represents, based on how they feel they've been treated by this country.

If it isn't a protest to sit during the anthem, then why does Colin Kaepernick specifically acknowledge that he is protesting? So you get to decide what is a protest and what isn't, I guess?

How is this thread not for you, you ask? Because we're all talking about it and you're saying it means nothing, and that you don't care. So why are you here? I don't worship the flag, nobody does. The anthem is something that's meant for people to stand together as Americans. I didn't create that meaning. Read the words of the song.

But Colin doesn't want to stand with America because he thinks, or his movement thinks, that America is oppressing "his people". And that's where this argument began. If you say you stand for something, you better have knowledge for that which you stand. He comes across as very small minded and uninformed. He's a follower.

And the example I gave with the moment of silence absolutely pertains to the subject. Because it's something that you can't quantify it's meaning, but yet it means something to a lot of people.

The flag is no different. It's the same exact principle. It means nothing to YOU. When did you get the impression that anyone needed your permission to recognize a meaning of something, or what it represents?

Maybe if you fought in a war and watched your friends die in the name of freedom, you would have taken pride in sticking that flag in the ground when it was all over, announcing that the war was over and America was free. But that's all silly talk, because you and I weren't there, right?

Well I give a damn. And I don't apologize.
{{Guy, your interpretation of what has meaning and what doesn't is completely your own.}}

wrong,..its the fact that people buy into something being important that is not. media and govt portrayed to you that national pride is supposed to be a thing. Its a false reality created by people in power. God does not care who is waving what ever flag.

people dying in wars have/has nothing to do with national pride.
War was created by propaganda you choose to believe. It doesnt matter who died in what country,its all bad regardless.

you think people died for freedom because media told you thats why.
we have no freedom. A system was designed that forces you to get jobs to pay off debts. You have to live to work instead of working to live.
your work day causes you to be nothing but be tired so you watch a boob tube and believe everything you are told.Medical is now supposed to be a privilege instead of something we should all get without question.

this is the dumbest crap ever and its on national news. people are wasting time debating a dumb jock and saluting a flag.. I'm being redundant.
the fact I said this was Orwellian should have sunk in.
I dont need to be seen in public saluting a flag to prove I care about soldiers or dead soldiers. Its a waste of time talking about it. Its a waste of reality to think it means anything. They have to make people believe its for freedom so they tolerate being told to go die.

you dont get my simple concept because you believe everything media tells you.
its the perfect storm of stupidity. A stupid picture of a kid sitting during the national anthem..he says he's being pro black and anti police and boom,then someone has to bring up military and not saluting a flag means not respecting military and he happens to be playing a large military city in san diego and the announcers have to make sure they repeatedly say that he didnt do it properly during national anthem.
its the most pointless crap on earth but because it was on tv,everyone thinks its important.....

ok lol, no more about this. Thank you,have a nice day
A.8Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:25 AM   #113
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,256
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by A.8Manning View Post
{{Guy, your interpretation of what has meaning and what doesn't is completely your own.}}

wrong,..its the fact that people buy into something being important that is not. media and govt portrayed to you that national pride is supposed to be a thing. Its a false reality created by people in power. God does not care who is waving what ever flag.

people dying in wars have/has nothing to do with national pride.
War was created by propaganda you choose to believe. It doesnt matter who died in what country,its all bad regardless.

you think people died for freedom because media told you thats why.
we have no freedom. A system was designed that forces you to get jobs to pay off debts. You have to live to work instead of working to live.
your work day causes you to be nothing but be tired so you watch a boob tube and believe everything you are told.Medical is now supposed to be a privilege instead of something we should all get without question.

this is the dumbest crap ever and its on national news. people are wasting time debating a dumb jock and saluting a flag.. I'm being redundant.
the fact I said this was Orwellian should have sunk in.
I dont need to be seen in public saluting a flag to prove I care about soldiers or dead soldiers. Its a waste of time talking about it. Its a waste of reality to think it means anything. They have to make people believe its for freedom so they tolerate being told to go die.

you dont get my simple concept because you believe everything media tells you.
its the perfect storm of stupidity. A stupid picture of a kid sitting during the national anthem..he says he's being pro black and anti police and boom,then someone has to bring up military and not saluting a flag means not respecting military and he happens to be playing a large military city in san diego and the announcers have to make sure they repeatedly say that he didnt do it properly during national anthem.
its the most pointless crap on earth but because it was on tv,everyone thinks its important.....

ok lol, no more about this. Thank you,have a nice day
You are just a bitter little person right now, aren't you? You think my mind is controlled by the media, despite the fact that I have been arguing the media-spoon fed lie of racism being at the core of every negative thing that happens in this country?

I pride myself in being the exact opposite of every thing you say I am. You and I do not see eye to eye on what the flag represents, but you also fail to understand that this subject only started with his refusal to stand. It was his reason that really agitated people like me. He is following what others want him to believe. The very thing you are trying to accuse me of. Yet here I am spending my time explaining how foolish all of this crap is about black oppression.

And all you can do is sit there and tell us that the flag is a meaningless symbol. Why don't you take the time to come up with a thought that actually does mean something. Why don't YOU take on the subject of racial bias?

No you just go with the typical basement dwelling sentiment of "everything is a lie and nothing anyone says is real". Well that really pinpoints the matter doesn't it? We're all just dust in the wind, with nowhere to go. I'm sorry you have such a defeatist outlook on life, but that's your problem. I don't like the way things are, but I'm not going to resign myself to the idea that I'm just stuck in a bottomless pit of misery. I could be living in a third world country, starving, diseased, and TRULY oppressed. But I'm not, and neither or you.

The media made us believe that America fought for it's independence over England? The media made us believe that Japan attacked Pearl Harbor and the Germans were slaughtering millions of people in it's conquest for world domination? So we just should have stood by, as the most powerful adversary to stop them, and allowed ourselves to become slaves or be slaughtered with the rest of them because the media just made it all up?

3,000 people died on September 11th, 2001, and we saw the devastation with our own eyes, but we should not have gone to war because the media somehow made that up, too?

You want to bring God into your argument? Well, I'm a christian. So allow me to illustrate something to you. You say God doesn't care who waves what flag. He also doesn't care who wins a game, or who has more money. What's your point? Does having financial security mean nothing to you, either? God said love thy neighbor. Did he say disrespect thy neighbor? If someone legitimately has something they need to take a stand for, that's fine. Calling out the country for it's treatment of black people, while white people are facing the same problems shows incredible ignorance and lack of true compassion. It's not as if he disrespected the the flag, itself, and nothing else. You know full well that when someone says "don't disrespect the flag" that means don't disrespect America. When someone burns a flag the people of that country get angry because it is clearly seen as a message of hatred towards their homeland. And that IS the exact intent of those responsible for burning the flag.

Now sitting down during the anthem isn't as extreme, but there is an intended message, and we all got the message and most of us don't appreciate the sentiment.

But as far as symbolism, itself... It is used in the Bible. Breaking Bread in remembrance of Jesus' body which was broken, and drinking wine in remembrance of His blood that was shed.

National pride isn't the same as worshiping Jesus, before you try to accuse me of suggesting that. But the point is that symbolism has it's place. No one is bowing for the flag. It's called observing. It's a sign of respect, something you clearly don't seem to believe in. The media never told anyone to recognize the flag. The flag, our freedom, our rights, and everything this country was founded on came long before there was ever such a thing as media.

Don't be a fool.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:09 AM   #114
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monroe, La
Posts: 1,362
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by A.8Manning View Post
protesting does nothing in the first place
It is slowly showing attention to the cause. Soon you will see more black, white, Hispanics and etc... take a knee. Maybe then a few of us will stop trying to speak on the RHETORIC THOUGHTS that Kap is looking for attention and focus more on the cause

https://www.armytimes.com/articles/n...em-protest-nfl
nola_swammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #115
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,256
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by nola_swammi View Post
It is slowly showing attention to the cause. Soon you will see more black, white, Hispanics and etc... take a knee. Maybe then a few of us will stop trying to speak on the RHETORIC THOUGHTS that Kap is looking for attention and focus more on the cause

https://www.armytimes.com/articles/n...em-protest-nfl
It's not a real cause. "Back lives matter" and wearing socks with pigs in cop uniforms is nothing but divisive pity-seeking attention. And what he did to "voice" that stance does nothing to solve anything, even if it were a legitimate cause. Nobody will treat anyone better because of what he did.

The more people who follow his act, the more ridiculous it becomes. The barometer of "change" is looking out into the world and seeing results, or the lack thereof. Not how many athletes make a pointless attempt at voicing their disapproval.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #116
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: on the road - now based in Oakland
Posts: 356
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
You won't see that in Africa, where they are too poor to support their own people. .
Sorry, Pal, you do, The USA does not have a monopoly on community.
nola_swammi likes this.
exiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #117
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,256
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by exiled View Post
Sorry, Pal, you do, The USA does not have a monopoly on community.
Excuse me? Would you like to run that by me one more time in a way that maybe makes sense and in any way connects to the point?

What does monopoly of community or lack thereof have anything to do with the comment I made? Did I not say that when tragedy strikes in this country people donate from all over the country, millions of dollars. And I said you won't see that in Africa where they are too poor to support their own people.

Do you not see the poverty there? I'm not saying that the people of Africa wouldn't give if they had the means. But they don't have the means. In fact, our people also donate to them! Which is great.

The context was about who we are as a country. There are a lot of moronic people trying to ruin it, both from the government and citizen levels. But there is still a lot of good, and all this whining going on about rights is stale.

And that's the point, Pal.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:00 PM   #118
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monroe, La
Posts: 1,362
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
It's not a real cause. "Back lives matter" and wearing socks with pigs in cop uniforms is nothing but divisive pity-seeking attention. And what he did to "voice" that stance does nothing to solve anything, even if it were a legitimate cause. Nobody will treat anyone better because of what he did.

The more people who follow his act, the more ridiculous it becomes. The barometer of "change" is looking out into the world and seeing results, or the lack thereof. Not how many athletes make a pointless attempt at voicing their disapproval.
That's your opinion its not a real cause. If you stop crying about socks( Kap explain the socks) If you weren't too feeble minded and go off what he said instead of interpret it the way you want maybe you could understand BLACK LIVES MATTER. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ0vPsQAGZQ/

Do I think it was poor judgement? yes, but the socks were worn before the protest and not one person mention anything about socks til his PROTEST was acknowledge. Any kind of way to deter from his message People are pulling out the bag. unpatriotic, selfish, attention seeker, what was said about Trump's rhetoric on P.O.W's? If PEOPLE could stay focus on the issues instead of trying to misguide others that this is senseless it wouldn't get so nasty. Don't blame Kap for standing to the issues.

The more people start speaking out for what they believe instead of listening to the ones who deter the message, the more what you(burningmetal) believe to be ridiculous will become relevant.
nola_swammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:07 PM   #119
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monroe, La
Posts: 1,362
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Do I think BLM will stop the aggression towards blacks or any minorities? no, but I think those who remain aggressive will be prosecuted instead of aquitted
nola_swammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #120
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 33
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

{{I pride myself in being the exact opposite of every thing you say I am. }}

caring about saluting a flag proves you dont understand how insignificant it is.

Racism is never dying. these topics were meant to divide and thats all they ever do.They dont solve racism


((You are just a bitter little person right now, aren't you?))

definition-(of people or their feelings or behavior) angry, hurt, or resentful because of one's bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment.

of course. Who likes people abusing power ? its quite healthy to feel that way
A.8Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/nfl/79369-colin-kaepernick-discuss.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Colin Kaepernick-discuss This thread Refback 08-27-2016 08:03 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts