Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL

Colin Kaepernick-discuss

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; Originally Posted by burningmetal This kind of comment is a huge part of what's wrong with America. People like me and others around here keep talking about how the media is spreading propaganda about "racism". And people just eat it ...

Like Tree122Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2016, 12:52 AM   #41
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monroe, La
Posts: 1,395
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
This kind of comment is a huge part of what's wrong with America. People like me and others around here keep talking about how the media is spreading propaganda about "racism". And people just eat it up.

Your comment illustrates that. George Zimmerman was not convicted. There was no evidence to support that he wasn't defending himself, just as he said. Now, you're free to disagree with that outcome, but you are judging without knowledge. You are automatically taking the the kid's side because he was black, and you assume that Zimmerman is a racist.

The same thing has happened over and over with these stories coming out. You have KNOWN CRIMINALS who have been killed by police, who say they were defending themselves. The evidence doesn't refute their claims. This goes on every day. It has nothing to do with race. But suddenly, it's a problem.

Are there crimes committed with prejudice? Yeah. And it comes from people of every color. But this idea that racism is rampant and every time a black person dies it's because of racism, you are just playing the victim. You know how many white people die at the hands of either a white or black person everyday? No, you don't. You won't hear about, and you won't go looking for that information, because it wouldn't support your theory.

YOU come off as racist by assuming that every death of a black person is racially motivated. Maybe you are racist, maybe you're not. But that's what it looks like, and that's what's causing all this tension. The propaganda, the people who fall for it, and now you have police being shot at because people like you "think" that other cops have committed murder. Not to say that there aren't corrupt cops. But there are a LOT more corrupt people who are bringing this on themselves.
No evidence on O.J. Either!!

Here are some facts go do your research. These officers were set free with paid leave. You can go all the way back to Rodney King til the presence and find the injustice. By no means am I racist, more like a realist when it come to the brutatility and injustice here in America. I wish Kap, could've went with a different platform on standing against what is happening on OUR soil but at least awareness is being brought to attention. Make sure read about Walter Scott killing by Michael Slager and getting paid leave and presume innocent til a bystander video brought to light what really happen.



exiled likes this.
nola_swammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:13 AM   #42
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,446
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by nola_swammi View Post
No evidence on O.J. Either!!

Here are some facts go do your research. These officers were set free with paid leave. You can go all the way back to Rodney King til the presence and find the injustice. By no means am I racist, more like a realist when it come to the brutatility and injustice here in America. I wish Kap, could've went with a different platform on standing against what is happening on OUR soil but at least awareness is being brought to attention. Make sure read about Walter Scott killing by Michael Slager and getting paid leave and presume innocent til a bystander video brought to light what really happen.

https://youtu.be/LfXqYwyzQpM

https://youtu.be/DcCN5C7UBx0

https://youtu.be/XKQqgVlk0NQ
The ignorance drips from your fingertips.


No evidence on O.J? Yeah... Just a 911 recording of Nicole Simpson saying that her husband was trying to kill her. Blood stained shoe prints that matched a pair of his. Oh, and that little part where he was speeding from the cops who had "no evidence", apparently. Yeah he didn't have a guilty conscience, and justice was totally served. Am I getting through to you yet? I bet not, so let's continue.

I didn't say there weren't ANY corrupt cops. I made a point of that. But you only have these couple of videos, and then a whole boat load of of stories of cops committing "murder". You have gang violence going on all the time, and you don't want to do anything about that, but if a cop kills someone who is a known criminal, you take the side of the criminal, because he's black?

I bet you never heard of Lavoy Finicum. Why don't you watch this and tell me if white people don't get targeted. This man did nothing wrong and was stalked by police for YEARS. It was highly likely a government sanctioned strike, because this man was ACTUALLY standing up for his rights, unlike some people who just sit down.


Have a nice night.
44Champs likes this.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:15 AM   #43
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 5,485
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

You cant fix brainwash
44Champs likes this.
skymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:15 AM   #44
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 21,591
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Brees says American flag is “sacred,” speaks out against Kapernick’s method of protest | ProFootballTalk
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:07 AM   #45
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,605
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by nola_swammi View Post
I never said anything about being unpatriotic. The opportunities for whites are greater that's a fact. When you have predominantly blacks that live in a town and majority of the officers are white, fact. When you have the NFL that predominantly black players you have not one owner that's black, fact. Now I am not saying blacks don't have any opportunity but the door is wide open if you're white. Kap, have as much right as any other individual to protest that don't mean you have to agree. People quick to make an uproar and feel insulted by him not standing up, how the f*** you think I feel when I see my brothers and sisters being beaten, murdered with no sense of f****** justice. I could care less what race you are as a person that should tick you off if someone with a badge can walk up to you disregard your rights. How did you feel about O.J. Being set free?
So according to your argument, if I stand up for the national anthem, that equates to me approving of black men being beat up by police officers. Because that's why you think Kap should be able to sit. Tell me - how does that work? Walk me through this because your logic makes no sense. As far as no black owners in the NFL, what are you trying to say? That there's collusion among the white owners to keep out a black owner? I dont remember any black men stepping up and attempting to buy a franchise, and if there has been, what was the reason why it didnt go through? Oh, and what does the OJ case have to do with this issue on the national anthem? Did you see any white athletes refusing to stand when the not guilty verdict came through? No - you didnt because that would have made NO SENSE!! And that's my whole point that people like you and Kap dont understand. The national anthem isnt about race or color or religion. It's supposed to unite Americans DESPITE the differences. But instead you have people that want to EMPHASIZE the differences by burning a flag or sitting for the national anthem. Those are the idiots that pose the biggest dangers to this country, because they promote malcontent, hatred and division. You want to fight against injustice? Go do some civil work. Go volunteer. Get involved in the government. Do something POSITIVE. But don't use the national anthem or the flag as a tool to do your dirty work. What Kap is doing is negative and idiotic, and people like you support him. Let me know how his plan works for you, because personally, I think his actions make more of a negative impact than a positive one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Rugby Saint II likes this.
44Champs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:36 AM   #46
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 21,591
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Jerry Rice says “All lives matter,” tells Kap “don’t disrespect the flag” | ProFootballTalk
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:00 PM   #47
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 14,378
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by nola_swammi View Post
All you that see how offensive it is that he don't stand for the anthem, just think about all those black families that lost their loves ones to brutal killing by police officers and George Zimmerman for being found innocent for Trayvon Martin death. Yes close your eyes or justify the lost of those lives. If you notice not one black person is burning a jersey or speaking out publicly. Americans black & white gave their lives in order for us to have freedom of protest and yes standing for the anthem is a sign of respect to our fallen heroes but sitting to protest is Kap freedom to protest. PEOPLE be careful how you attack Kap before this turnout very huge and blacks come to his defense
I understand what you are saying and I believe that we need to unify against this situation.

However, The stars and stripes represents being an American. And "our flag" doesn't represent bad press. The Flag should draw our country together....not divide us. Find a different way to express your displeasure or get the hell out of my country.
44Champs likes this.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:35 PM   #48
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 3,268
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Colin Kapernick is as dumb as a box of rocks, and so is the media that is driving this.

First of all, America has been conflicted about race since DAY ONE -- Thomas Jefferson knew this, if anybody has actually taken the time and cracked a book and read his words, you would know that he knew and saw the issues and problems of race in America, way back then -- it already made him uncomfortable... And he predicted it would be a problem going forward, that would have to get better eventually.... In fact there were PLENTY of people who saw the contradictions and problems with race in this country, a long history of that, going way WAY back to the time of the founding of the country. It's not like nobody has ever thought of this stuff, before Kaepernick pulled his stunt. He's gonna be sitting his butt down there by the Gatorade for a d--n long time.

The national anthem itself -- what do the frigging lyrics say. Does anybody even care? The whole thing is A QUESTION. Does the star spangled banner yet wave? Over the land of the free and the home of the brave? (although we in the terrace tend to yell "and the home...of the....Saaiinnntss!!!!!" as the last line).

That's why the guy and his "protest" is as dumb as a bunch of rocks. His so-called "protest" is already BUILT INTO the national anthem. The lyrics are a QUESTION. Does the flag still stand for those things? Do we as a nation, live up to the promise and potential? Are we worthy? Could we do better? Of COURSE. That's what THE ANTHEM IS FOR. We ask the question of ourselves every time we sing it. I can guarantee you, no other country on earth, has an anthem that is asking a QUESTION like that....are we free? Are we still the land of the free, home of the brave?

Anyway, off my soap box. It's also a lousy protest, in terms of strategy. I mean, think like this: you stage a sit-in at a Woolworth's lunch counter, to force them to integrate -- there is an achievable objective there. Fight your draft status, to protest a larger war -- again, there is an achievable objective there. This stunt is pointless as civil rights protest, because there is no actual achievable resolution that could possibly end it. It's not really a tactical maneuver at all -- it's just juvenile pouting.
neugey, OldMaid and 44Champs like this.
SaintsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #49
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,161
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Drew Brees 'wholeheartedly' disagrees with Colin Kaepernick's method of protest

METAIRIE, La. -- Drew Brees said he felt compelled to speak out against Colin Kaepernick's refusal to stand during the national anthem and said Monday that it was "bothering me all day long."

"I disagree. I wholeheartedly disagree," Brees told ESPN. "Not that he wants to speak out about a very important issue. No, he can speak out about a very important issue. But there's plenty of other ways that you can do that in a peaceful manner that doesn't involve being disrespectful to the American flag.

"The great thing about this country is that we have the freedoms that allow you to speak out openly about any issue. So I'm not commenting on the issue itself because any person has the right to speak out on any issue they want. That's the great thing about being an American. But the American flag is what represents those freedoms. It represents the very freedom that Colin Kaepernick gets the opportunity to exercise by speaking out his opinion in a peaceful manner about that issue. …

"Like, it's an oxymoron that you're sitting down, disrespecting that flag that has given you the freedom to speak out."

"Listen, if I chose to speak out on every issue that I have an opinion about, that's all I'd do all day. I'd probably have a hundred Twitter posts a day. But this one ...," Brees said without completing his thought.

"I've been on five USO trips, so I've had a chance to meet and talk with a lot of military personnel. I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of the things that they go through. Also having family that have served and sitting around and listening to my grandfather talk about World War II, so maybe that gives me a heightened level of appreciation for them," Brees said. "But when I look at that flag, I think about them too. I think about a lot of things. Like when I stand and listen to the national anthem with my hand over my heart, there is emotions that well up inside of me.

"Like, I could shed a tear every time the national anthem plays if I would allow myself because it's that powerful."

Other Saints players spoke of seeing the Kaepernick debate from both sides.


"I respect his decision to stand up for how he feels, but I don't think you do it in that manner. I think you stand up for the national anthem," Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro said. "It's bigger than just what's going on around our country. You've got people fighting for our lives, fighting for our country every day. And I think there's other ways that you can handle it.


"But that being said, he can do what he wants. And it makes a statement. I mean, everybody's talking about it, obviously, now. And I think that's the point."

New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees on 49ers Colin Kaepernick protest - New Orleans Saints Blog- ESPN
OldMaid likes this.


The easily offended are easily manipulated
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:41 PM   #50
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 21,591
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Colin Kaepernick Converted To Islam Before His Anti-American Stance. Coincidence?
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/nfl/79369-colin-kaepernick-discuss.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Colin Kaepernick-discuss This thread Refback 08-27-2016 09:03 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts