Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL

The NFL Is a Product I Refuse to Purchase Any Longer

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; "black artists who were picked from the cotton fields by white record execs" Here's the REAL issue reworded: "poor people picked from the cotton fields by rich people" who wanted to exploit and make money off their talent and the ...

Like Tree47Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2017, 08:37 PM   #71
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Bay
Posts: 3,081
Re: The NFL Is a Product I Refuse to Purchase Any Longer

"black artists who were picked from the cotton fields by white record execs"

Here's the REAL issue reworded: "poor people picked from the cotton fields by rich people" who wanted to exploit and make money off their talent and the generational heritage of the poor culture ( which pretty much is all they had ). Racism is just the window dressing. Follow the money.
rezburna likes this.
WHODATINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:38 PM   #72
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 13,980
Blog Entries: 5
Re: The NFL Is a Product I Refuse to Purchase Any Longer

Originally Posted by WHODATINCA View Post
"black artists who were picked from the cotton fields by white record execs"

Here's the REAL issue reworded: "poor people picked from the cotton fields by rich people" who wanted to exploit and make money off their talent and the generational heritage of the poor culture ( which pretty much is all they had ). Racism is just the window dressing. Follow the money.
Those record men weren't rich. Everybody was trying to make a buck. Your theme still stands: get educated. You just look dumb.
saintfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:41 PM   #73
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 3,181
Re: The NFL Is a Product I Refuse to Purchase Any Longer

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Indeed you did. Were you also not insinuating they were, at least at one time, uniquely African-American?

Because they were black and most certainly trace themselves back to Africa doesn't stand. Nobody in Africa was singing the blues. This is your bias that you don't see. You see black. I see American. You can't seem to find the demarcation point.

My heritage is French. I don't know a damn thing about wine. See what I mean? You're working to hard at it man.

Can you elaborate, just a little, on the white man's contribution to the blues? What about Charlie Pride? Uh oh...

Sorry, that was weak but a funny way to make the point you're missing.
No. You see Black when it's convenient. You see American when it's convenient. The artforms were birthed slavery and Jim Crow by Black people. It originates with them. There is an influence of Afrika passed down from generation to generation, but that's neither here nor there. Afrikans...in America...aka Afrikan-Americans are the creators of these genres.

As for Charlie Pride, country music was influenced by the blues. Again...the art form birthed on plantations by slaves.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:41 PM   #74
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Bay
Posts: 3,081
Re: The NFL Is a Product I Refuse to Purchase Any Longer

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
Those record men weren't rich.
Really? Compared to the cotton pickers they were.

Whose dumb now, shinoela?
rezburna likes this.
WHODATINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:44 PM   #75
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,901
Blog Entries: 3
Re: The NFL Is a Product I Refuse to Purchase Any Longer

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
White people invented the patent office. There's countless things invented by Black people that aren't accredited to them. That's ripping off creations. That's stealing culture. If you create something and I reap the financial benefit and get the recognition then that's a problem. You're making false equivalencies. Fallacies.
I am not making false equivalencies, I am making a clear point. You sit there and make a claim that "countless things have been invented by black people" who haven't been given credit, yet you have nothing to back it up.

You are just assuming that everything is a rip-off and that no one can take part in your "culture" by playing music that comes from it. So, if that's your opinion, then don't partake of the things that you or "your people" didn't create.

Now I am sure there are instances of black people having invented something, without being given credit. The same thing goes for whites. For instance, the man who invented the phone, Antonio Meucci, was ripped off by the patent office, among others, and the credit went to someone else who came along five years later using Meucci's technology. He was later kind of given unofficial credit by some, but was already dead.

If you don't have the money, especially in the old days, you could get outbid for patents, or just get screwed for some type of political reason, and it didn't matter what color you were.

Bring some facts, friend.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:45 PM   #76
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,355
Re: The NFL Is a Product I Refuse to Purchase Any Longer

Originally Posted by WHODATINCA View Post
"black artists who were picked from the cotton fields by white record execs"

Here's the REAL issue reworded: "poor people picked from the cotton fields by rich people" who wanted to exploit and make money off their talent and the generational heritage of the poor culture ( which pretty much is all they had ). Racism is just the window dressing. Follow the money.
And it has been going on since recorded time. Nothing new and it still goes on. It's actually worse in many ways today. All our TV's, cell phones, clothes, all made with one of the worse forms of slave labor. Obama approved to take Malaysia off the human rights violations lists for no real reason other than the China market being under pressure for guess what? Human rights violations. You can look all this up. I did and it opened my eyes. Slavery is still alive and kicking.
Beastmode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:45 PM   #77
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 13,980
Blog Entries: 5
Re: The NFL Is a Product I Refuse to Purchase Any Longer

Originally Posted by WHODATINCA View Post
Really? Compared to the cotton pickers they were.

Whose dumb now, shinoela?
Oh I see, so if I have more money than you and I employ you and we both make money that's ok, unless I'm white and you're black, then it's racism?

I'm just making sure I understand your point. It is so illogical I'm afraid I need a little help.
saintfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:45 PM   #78
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Bay
Posts: 3,081
Re: The NFL Is a Product I Refuse to Purchase Any Longer

In fact, the wealthy cannot conceive of what it is like to NOT HAVE ECONOMIC PRIVILEDGE AND THE POWER THAT COMES WITH IT. This is part of the problem with the "president".
WHODATINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:47 PM   #79
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 3,181
Re: The NFL Is a Product I Refuse to Purchase Any Longer

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
I am not making false equivalencies, I am making a clear point. You sit there and make a claim that "countless things have been invented by black people" who haven't been given credit, yet you have nothing to back it up.

You are just assuming that everything is a rip-off and that no one can take part in your "culture" by playing music that comes from it. So, if that's your opinion, then don't partake of the things that you or "your people" didn't create.

Now I am sure there are instances of black people having invented something, without being given credit. The same thing goes for whites. For instance, the man who invented the phone, Antonio Meucci, was ripped off by the patent office, among others, and the credit went to someone else who came along five years later using Meucci's technology. He was later kind of given unofficial credit by some, but was already dead.

If you don't have the money, especially in the old days, you could get outbid for patents, or just get screwed for some type of political reason, and it didn't matter what color you were.

Bring some facts, friend.
It's not my fault if you never took the time to research what was invented by Black people that was denied patent or simply accredited to a slave master. Google it. These things aren't hard to find. Its a widely accepted fact that slave masters took credit for the inventions of their slaves. That alone muddies the waters of who contributed what...no pun intended.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:51 PM   #80
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,901
Blog Entries: 3
Re: The NFL Is a Product I Refuse to Purchase Any Longer

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
It's not my fault if you never took the time to research what was invented by Black people that was denied patent or simply accredited to a slave master. Google it. These things aren't hard to find. Its a widely accepted fact that slave masters took credit for the inventions of their slaves. That alone muddies the waters of who contributed what...no pun intended.
It isn't my fault that you don't know the first thing about white history, or oppression. You make a statement, it's up to you to back it up. I back up my statements. All you are doing is saying "we get nothing, everyone rips us off", and you have no idea how many blacks or whites have been denied patents. You just hear about a few black people getting screwed by whoever, and you make your assumptions from there.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts