Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL

Andy Reid - Most UnderAppreciated Coach In History

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; Twitter...

Like Tree6Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2018, 12:30 AM   #1
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 23,698
Blog Entries: 32
Andy Reid - Most UnderAppreciated Coach In History

SmashMouth likes this.
jeanpierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:36 AM   #2
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: D.C.
Posts: 4,815
Re: Andy Reid - Most UnderAppreciated Coach In History

Andy Reid needs to get that Super Bowl win as Head Coach to top his career.
RailBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:41 AM   #3
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 23,698
Blog Entries: 32
Re: Andy Reid - Most UnderAppreciated Coach In History

Originally Posted by RailBoss View Post
Andy Reid needs to get that Super Bowl win as Head Coach to top his career.
To be fair, he was handicapped with Donovan McNabb who always seemed to tighten up with the game on the line - just ask T.O., he'll tell ya'...
73Saint and rezburna like this.
jeanpierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:30 AM   #4
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NOLA
Posts: 2,110
Re: Andy Reid - Most UnderAppreciated Coach In History

I didn't really understand his getting rid of Alex Smith, but I sure do now. That Mahomes is just a beast.
RailBoss likes this.
73Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:05 PM   #5
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: D.C.
Posts: 4,815
Re: Andy Reid - Most UnderAppreciated Coach In History

Originally Posted by 73Saint View Post
I didn't really understand his getting rid of Alex Smith, but I sue do now. That Mahomes is just a beast.
That was a good deal for both teams but Mahomes is sure impressive.
RailBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #6
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 3,996
Re: Andy Reid - Most UnderAppreciated Coach In History

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
To be fair, he was handicapped with Donovan McNabb who always seemed to tighten up with the game on the line - just ask T.O., he'll tell ya'...
Owens was right.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:32 PM   #7
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 11,306
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Andy Reid - Most UnderAppreciated Coach In History

Reid is a very good HC however he lacks that "foot on throat/killer instinct" to finish the deal. Some questionable play calling in heated battles over the years.

He has the Chiefs headed in the right direction though.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #8
Hu Dat!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,290
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Andy Reid - Most UnderAppreciated Coach In History

He is the Jerry Sloan of the NFL ... consistent winner, consistently underrated. Hasn't/didn't win the big one but the losses weren't really on him.
SaintGnome likes this.
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:03 PM   #9
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 71
Re: Andy Reid - Most UnderAppreciated Coach In History

Originally Posted by neugey View Post
He is the Jerry Sloan of the NFL ... consistent winner, consistently underrated. Hasn't/didn't win the big one but the losses weren't really on him.
Not bad, I say he's this era's Marty Schottenheimer who turned every team he coached into a contender but never got to the top of the hill.

That being said he always had good QB's, but never a top 5. If this rookie keeps going like he has so far, and stays healthy this may be the one to give him his ring.
SaintGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #10
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 14,106
Re: Andy Reid - Most UnderAppreciated Coach In History

Originally Posted by SaintGnome View Post
Not bad, I say he's this era's Marty Schottenheimer who turned every team he coached into a contender but never got to the top of the hill.

That being said he always had good QB's, but never a top 5. If this rookie keeps going like he has so far, and stays healthy this may be the one to give him his ring.
Not before Payton & Brees get their second!
SaintGnome likes this.
WhoDat!656 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts