Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL

Broncos agree to trade for Ravens QB Joe Flacco

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; Twitter...

Like Tree4Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2019, 11:46 AM   #1
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 25,848
Blog Entries: 34
Broncos agree to trade for Ravens QB Joe Flacco

jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:49 AM   #2
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 25,848
Blog Entries: 34
Re: Broncos agree to trade for Ravens QB Joe Flacco

jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:46 PM   #3
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,998
Re: Broncos agree to trade for Ravens QB Joe Flacco

That Elway is such a fine judge of QB talent who else would sign Peyton Manning, draft Brock Osweiler, Zach Dysert, Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch and sign Case Keenum then turn around and trade for Joe Flacco!! I guess because you played QB doesn't mean you can spot one! Hell, I could do as good as he has!

WHO HE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED/SIGNED WAS JACOBY BRISSETT OR DAK PRESCOTT..........I'VE HAD MY EYE ON THE KIDS AND..............
Beastmode and CHA_CHING like this.
vpheughan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #4
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 17,223
Re: Broncos agree to trade for Ravens QB Joe Flacco

Well Case Keenum will probably be cut and could make for a decent, cheap backup QB if Bridgewater leaves.
ScottF likes this.
ChrisXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:10 PM   #5
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 165
Re: Broncos agree to trade for Ravens QB Joe Flacco

Originally Posted by vpheughan View Post
That Elway is such a fine judge of QB talent who else would sign Peyton Manning, draft Brock Osweiler, Zach Dysert, Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch and sign Case Keenum then turn around and trade for Joe Flacco!! I guess because you played QB doesn't mean you can spot one! Hell, I could do as good as he has!

WHO HE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED/SIGNED WAS JACOBY BRISSETT OR DAK PRESCOTT..........I'VE HAD MY EYE ON THE KIDS AND..............
Elway gets way too much credit and a free pass for winning the Peyton Manning sweepstakes.

People tend to forget that Denver had talent on offense before Manning came there. They had Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas and Willis McGahee who rushed for 1,000+ in the year Tebow was the starter. Manning didn't go to a team that was devoid of offensive talent and missing firepower. Denver had some good pieces there, they just needed a competent QB.

I like the hiring of Vic Fangio and think he'll do well with that defense, but the real question mark is how bad the offense will be. Having Flacco at QB isn't much of an upgrade over Case Keenum.
CHA_CHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:07 AM   #6
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 824
Re: Broncos agree to trade for Ravens QB Joe Flacco

I listened to them discuss this on the radio this morning. Flacco is older and coming off an injury, not sure how this makes sense.

The only thing I can think of, is Elway wants a QB with Superbowl experience.
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:15 AM   #7
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 6,011
Re: Broncos agree to trade for Ravens QB Joe Flacco

Originally Posted by CHA_CHING View Post
Elway gets way too much credit and a free pass for winning the Peyton Manning sweepstakes.

People tend to forget that Denver had talent on offense before Manning came there. They had Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas and Willis McGahee who rushed for 1,000+ in the year Tebow was the starter. Manning didn't go to a team that was devoid of offensive talent and missing firepower. Denver had some good pieces there, they just needed a competent QB.

I like the hiring of Vic Fangio and think he'll do well with that defense, but the real question mark is how bad the offense will be. Having Flacco at QB isn't much of an upgrade over Case Keenum.
but, Manning was hurt and wasn't getting a lot of offers.
Many people thought Den overpaid at the time.

since then, Denver has been a quarterback wasteland
ScottF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:53 PM   #8
Hu Dat!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,438
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Broncos agree to trade for Ravens QB Joe Flacco

Maybe they didn't want to wait until Foles got snatched up for a lot of money and then spurred a bit of a desperation bidding war for Flacco. That's the only way this one makes any sense to me, and not much at that.
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:20 PM   #9
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,998
Re: Broncos agree to trade for Ravens QB Joe Flacco

It wasn't Offense that won against the Panthers. It was the Defense that was stacked. Manning had a very "pedestrian" Super Bowl. Manning finished the game 13 of 23 for 141 yards with no touchdowns and one interception. At the time he was considered the GOAT!!! The year before against Seattle he was 34 of 49 for 280 1 TD 2 INT's one was a pick 6.
vpheughan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:11 PM   #10
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 165
Re: Broncos agree to trade for Ravens QB Joe Flacco

Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
but, Manning was hurt and wasn't getting a lot of offers.
Many people thought Den overpaid at the time.

since then, Denver has been a quarterback wasteland
Miami, Tennessee and Houston were the other teams besides Denver that were going after Manning. There was even a billboard in Miami begging him to go there.

I do agree with you. It was definitely a risk cause we had no idea he would pick up right where he left off and still be one of the top 3 best QBs in the league. Outside of 2015 where he had fallen off a cliff in production, 2010 was really the worst year of his career post-prime Manning and he washed it away like a bad memory his first year in Denver.

Of the 4 teams, Denver had the most offensive firepower, a good RB and decent pieces on defense to do something with. People have forgotten just how good the 2012 Broncos really were. If not for Adrian Peterson's monster season, that would've been another MVP for Manning.... and it took Rahim Moore blowing coverage on a hail mary to ruin it all for them.

Colts fans to this day still hate Jim Irsay for how he pushed Manning out the door and rightfully so. That press conference with them, where he flat out said "I want Super Bowls, not Star Wars numbers" was the most disrespectful thing he could've done to his franchise QB who carried them all those years. It was perfect karma for Irsay having to watch Manning hoist a Lombardi with Denver.
CHA_CHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts