Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > NOLA

New Stadium Resolution.....

this is a discussion within the NOLA Community Forum; Well, whatever they do they need to do it fast. The boat is still sinking. More and more businesses are leaving. I work for an employment agency and so many people have called me wanting come back but cant afford ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 203
Well, whatever they do they need to do it fast. The boat is still sinking. More and more businesses are leaving. I work for an employment agency and so many people have called me wanting come back but cant afford it and then some want to leave but cant sell their house or afford insurance. (thank you allstate!) They have to do something to get the ecomony booming and fast!
redjem25 is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 06-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #82
VIP~~Drunken Clam
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quahog
Posts: 422
I understand. I'm trying to sell my home and a rental. I'd like to be able to return in a decade to a better enviornment. I'll visit twice a year, though. I'd adding crime to your list of why others like me are fleeing, but perhaps that should've gone without saying?
Nemesis is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 08:36 PM   #83
DARE TO ENTER
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Home Sweet Home, NEW ORLEANS, La.
Posts: 1,154
Originally Posted by saintswhodi View Post
I disagree with you fully due to what I said previously, and due to the fact that I of course watched the finals being a spurs fan and you are greatly overexaggerating everything the commentators said, and interviews with "fans" on the riverwalk. I had a feeling though what you were saying was not based in hard numbers but based in "impressions." I live here, trust me you are wrong about how the fans feel about the Spurs.

I also disagree cause the NFL is the best, most loved, and most watched sports programming on the planet. There is almost no comparison at this point between NFL and NBA attendance and fan loyalty. You put a football team anywhere with people and it will ALWAYS outdraw the NBA. Football has done a beautiful job of creating one huge impression with fans that will keep people law til the end of time, parity. The fact we could go from 3-13 to the NFC championship game is a testament to the statement "An Given Sunday." You don't have that in basketball. You have the have, and have nots, and poor marketing. It's a league not on par with the NFL. So trying to compare what fans would be like between the two is almost irrelevant anywhere outside of Los Angeles, where the indifference is palpable. You'd also have to consider all the people who may be Cowboys fans in the area, but can't drive all the way to Dallas for a game, but love football. You'd also have to consider people coming from Mexico for games, where they sold over 100,000 tickets to see the Cards and the 49ers. So don't let that "impression" you got fool you. The NBA is not on the same level is the NFL, and would get more than enough support from this area. I just don't want it to be the Saints. I love going back home for games. But if more people think like you and so boo on a new stadium cause you think another area couldn't support the team as the Gulf South does, you'd be mistaken IMO. Difference of opinion I guess.
First of all, what the commentators were saying was pretty cut and dry, there's no mistaken anything, you said yourself that San Antonians didn't have money to waste on a Championship game that they knew the Spurs were going to win. Name any other city or Sporting event that the fans have that type of mentality, like I said before, San Antonio would not support the New Orleans Saints period, if they were so ready for an NFL franchise they would have one. The Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee not San Antonio, don't you think if San Antonio was ready for an NFL franchise they would have gladly put the Oilers in another part of Texas, I think so. The Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore, not even a hint about San Antonio, TX., why do you think that is? Because they not ready. The NFL introduced two expansion teams into the league, Jacksonville and Carolina, again none in San Antonio, you said it would work because of all the people who are Cowboys fans who can't travel to the games and the 100,000 fans that watched the Cardinals and 49ers game in Mexico. If that were the case don't you think San Antonio would've landed an NFL franchise by now with all the movement that went on in the last 10 years or so. The NFL don't trust cities like San Antonio, if they can get bored with a Championship basketball team, what in God's green earth makes you think the Owners would vote on putting a franchise there. Like I said it's nothing personnal against San Antonio, but IMHO, the Saints just wouldn't survive in San Antonio, TX.

saint4life
(504)
blacksaint is offline  
Old 06-30-2007, 02:05 PM   #84
The Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA (10/1/13)
Posts: 790
Stick with the Dome. Why? LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!! Easy access from hotels.


Shot at 2007-06-30
9thWardDesire is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 09:20 AM   #85
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Originally Posted by blacksaint View Post
First of all, what the commentators were saying was pretty cut and dry, there's no mistaken anything, you said yourself that San Antonians didn't have money to waste on a Championship game that they knew the Spurs were going to win. Name any other city or Sporting event that the fans have that type of mentality, like I said before, San Antonio would not support the New Orleans Saints period, if they were so ready for an NFL franchise they would have one. The Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee not San Antonio, don't you think if San Antonio was ready for an NFL franchise they would have gladly put the Oilers in another part of Texas, I think so. The Cleveland Browns moved to Baltimore, not even a hint about San Antonio, TX., why do you think that is? Because they not ready. The NFL introduced two expansion teams into the league, Jacksonville and Carolina, again none in San Antonio, you said it would work because of all the people who are Cowboys fans who can't travel to the games and the 100,000 fans that watched the Cardinals and 49ers game in Mexico. If that were the case don't you think San Antonio would've landed an NFL franchise by now with all the movement that went on in the last 10 years or so. The NFL don't trust cities like San Antonio, if they can get bored with a Championship basketball team, what in God's green earth makes you think the Owners would vote on putting a franchise there. Like I said it's nothing personnal against San Antonio, but IMHO, the Saints just wouldn't survive in San Antonio, TX.
Wow, a lot more conjecture. Expected. You know why San Antonio was passed over previously? Cause it was nowhere near as big as it is now. Neither was Austin. Both have grown tremendously over the last decade. So I guess that answers why they didn't expand there. Also, the Spurs were 9th in the league in attendance in the regular season. Out of 30 teams. Does that sound like a fan base not supporting it's team? Everything you are saying is groundless, and I pray that people in the state of Louisiana who actually have the ability to do something about the Saints leaving are not thinking the same thing. It was the same thing with Oklahoma City. They weren't even on the NBA's map until they showed out in droves for the Hornets, just like when the Saints played in San Antonio. It took a tragic event to put the cities in their respective league's eyes, but they are there. Like I said, I have facts. You have conjecture based on overblowing some interviews you saw during the Finals. I wonder which is more relevant?
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #86
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,779
Blog Entries: 40
rebutt away

Nice to see ya again whodi.
hagan714 is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #87
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Originally Posted by saintsmissile View Post
will NEVER have an NFL team unless Dallas relocates. Hell, when the Saints were there for the short time they were, all you saw in the stands were fans wearing Dallas gear. The mayor of San Antonio has no scrupples whatsoever and is classless. There is your FACT. By the way, you don't get an NFL team just because you have "grown" or are "big". Just ask LA. LA can't support a team because of their blaise fan base. You BRAG about being 9th in the league in NBA attendance, but YOU WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP! To me, 9th is PATHETIC when you have a dynasty team like the Spurs. How would San Antonionians respond with an expansion team like the Texans? Guarantee you after two losing seasons, they'd all be staying at home watching Homo and Dallas. Please do us Saints fans a favor and don't bemoan how great San Antonio is. They tried to steal us like a thief in the night and I have nothing for them but contempt.
*sigh* Who is "us Saints fans?" I'm a Saints fan. Born and raised in New Orleans. I left when I was 23 to join the army. You're no more a Saints fan than me. But I will combat unfounded bias and blatant mischaracterization. You know why the Spurs were 9th in attendance? Seating. Other arenas just hold more seats than the AT&T Center. There's a fact you ignored. Also, the Mayor of a city doesn't reflect all of it's people, unless you reflect Nagin. Benson tried to move our team "like a thief in the night" and he went to the mayors of San An, Austin, and Laredo to do so. Maybe you should point the finger where it belongs. Benson ONLY went back to New Orleans cause he was forced to. Hardburglar was like a salivating opportunist once BENSON voiced his want to move, but the people of San Antonio did not feel that way. At least the ones I deal with. No one wanted a team that way, so your saying "San Antonio" tried to steal the Saints is incorrect. A crooked owner and hard up mayor tried, and failed.

Second, what does it matter what gear was being worn in the stands? The Saints aren't from San Antonio. I was in the stands with OTHER SAINTS FANS in MY Saints gear, but how many Saints fans you think live in San Antonio? Oh, not many. That point doesn't even make sense. You wanted people to run out and buy jerseys for a team they would see 3 games, and give up teams they have probably had for life? Really? Come on now. The difference would be if they actually were the San Antonio Saints, which Thank God they aren't.

Third, San Antonio differs from L.A. in that L.A. has tried and failed, and there are NUMEROUS other interests in L.A. outside of football, not the least of which is USC. A football team would instantly be the biggest thing in this whole area, bigger than the Spurs even, cause the NFL AS A LEAGUE is head and shoulders above the NBA and any other sports league. That's another fact.

Here's another fact for you: Guess what the Patriots attendance was last year. 16th in the league. The Colts were dead last, the superbowl winner. See for yourself:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

Even in superbowl years, the Pats never cracked the top 10 in attendance. Seems you are overrating that very insignificant fact, which is necessary I understand to push your point.

So please, check your "facts" and come again. Or don't. But at least try to be on the right track.

Last edited by saintswhodi; 07-02-2007 at 03:37 PM..
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #88
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Originally Posted by saintsmissile View Post
as I am now. For that I give you a big HOOAH! Other than that, I agree with you about Benson He is a traitor, but Hardturd is certainly no better. Please explain to me in your infinite wisdom, if San Antonio can build (supposedly) a brand new stadium for a football team, then why can't they build a new basketball stadium for a team who is approaching dynasty status? Says alot about the city to me. Say what you will. If you are from New Orleans, as you say you are, then be true to your heritage. Forget San Antonio. Truth be told, (since you're so big on that) they city REALLY did not support the Saints fully when they were there. Yeah, the "sold" tickets, but other than one game, it wasn't a packed house every game. I was there, I know. Only disproves your point about San Antonio not getting a team because "it isn't as big as it is now". New England and Indy certainly have big media markets and fan bases, yet yourself just disproved the fact that it didn't result in being tops in attendance. You proved my point about San Antonio not being worthy of a team just because they've grown. You can keep San Antonio. I wouldn't pis* on it if it were on fire.

I tried to understand some of this, but it got difficult. I'll piece together what I can:

Where did I say anything good about Hardburglar? Seems kinda redundant to tell me he is no better than Benson. He associated with scum and thus is scum. I never disagreed.

Second, where did I say San An was gonna build a brand new stadium for a football team? The talk was of San An, Austin, and Laredo combining on a venture, and the Lt. Gov of the state even mentioned allocating some funds to assist. Benson had gotten pretty deep on planning. Also, you may wanna update your knowledge on the stadium in San Antonio. The Spurs have played in 3 venues in the last 20 years or so. First the Hemisfair, then they moved to the Alamodome when it was built, and they got the AT&T Center just 5 years ago. Probably not smart to build a new basketball arena just 5 years after building one huh? So, what does that say about the city to you now?

And why would me living in San An cause me to "forget my heritage?" That's utterly ridiculous. Most all of my family lived in New Orleans up until Katrina, and most of them still do. How could I ever possibly "forget my heritage?" There is no where else I would claim as home other than New Orleans, but I have come to and do love San Antonio. It helped I had been a Spurs fan since they drafted David Robinson on my birthday 20 years ago though, and that my uncle was stationed here when he was in the Air Force, as well as my sister when she was in the Army.

The last point about the attendance must have been above my level. I wasn't able to put together anything to argue out of that, so i'll let it stand as is. I think my point about attendance levels for "championship teams" stands well enough on it's own, and has no bearing on supposed loyalty. It's something that's being made up now to push a point that has already been washed away. I'd really think about moving on from there, if there is anything else you want to add.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #89
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by AssGrinch View Post
ugh the superdome is a piece of crap.
Last year I went to Reliant to see the Texans twice. Where ever a new dome is built, it needs to be like Reliant. That place is simply gorgeous. And someone better get busy with the building because the NFL is liable to push the Saints to LA, which would be unimaginable. I hate California.
McKenzie is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 04:52 PM   #90
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
I'll be going to Reliant this year for the first time for Saints/Texans. I have seen it numerous times since my sister lived in Houston about a mile or so from it, but have never attended a game there. I am looking forward to it.
saintswhodi is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts