Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > NOLA

Jimmy Fahrenholtz: "I have a serious problem with alcohol"

this is a discussion within the NOLA Community Forum; On advice of counsel, former Orleans Parish Public Schools Board member Jimmy Fahrenholtz says he can?t discuss details of the bizarre case that resulted in his recent felony arrest by State Police. He says he can?t remember much about his ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2015, 09:30 PM   #1
Site Admin

Jimmy Fahrenholtz: "I have a serious problem with alcohol"

On advice of counsel, former Orleans Parish Public Schools Board member Jimmy Fahrenholtz says he can?t discuss details of the bizarre case that resulted in his recent felony arrest by State Police.

He says he can?t remember much about his April 22 visit to the state Capitol or returning to New Orleans with a iPad computer tablet and other items ? all reported stolen that day by a lobbyist in Baton Rouge. Fahrenholtz also says he can?t recall much about the State Police search of his Bayou St. John home five days later on April 27.

He declined comment on published newspaper allegations that State Police detectives used a GPS tracking signal to recover the iPad from either his backyard swimming pool or pond.

Fahrenholtz, an attorney who has been suspended from the practice of law since 2009, said he agreed to an interview with Gambit because he wanted the public to understand ?why? he now faces criminal charges of theft and obstruction of justice.

?In the last 5 days or so, I have admitted to myself ? finally ? that I have a serious problem with alcohol and it has been ongoing and serious for decades,? Fahrenholtz, 65, said in an interview at his home with his wife, Pamela Butler.? [ Read more ]

[ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
Closed Thread