Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

No Brooks Bashing

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; [quote="mjf150"] Originally Posted by stockman311 I don't want to hear one person jumping on Brooks for this one. Haslett.....I can't remember of one challenge he has ever won. quote] First, where do you get off telling other people to not ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2005, 11:35 AM   #21
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,144
Re: No Brooks Bashing

[quote="mjf150"]
Originally Posted by stockman311
I don't want to hear one person jumping on Brooks for this one. Haslett.....I can't remember of one challenge he has ever won.
quote]

First, where do you get off telling other people to not bash Aaron Brooks.
Where do I get off? Hmm... Let me think.... Probably the First Ammendment for starters. Next, would be the fact that this is a message board where people congregate to voice opinions about the Saints and it's players. If you don't like the point I was trying to make that the entire team was at fault for the crapfest we witnessed then I really don't care.
Bash Brooks all you want. He sucked last night. He's the worst quarterback in history. You happy now.

Also, Who dat, I was having an A/B debate with papz blue ribbon. If you want to wax poetic about the nuances of the English language I can direct you to a great site where your cornhole will be most unprotected (the way you like it I am sure).
Now go get your shinebox.

stockman311 is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 11:45 AM   #22
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Golden State
Posts: 830
RE: No Brooks Bashing

Dang stocky..........Goodfellas?
Who dat......DC Cab?
Movie quotes for the dense.
CHACHING is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 02:42 PM   #23
OldiesDJ
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Scott, LA
Posts: 951
Blog Entries: 12
Re: RE: No Brooks Bashing

Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
Brooks
1) How can you call for no bashing when 4 of the 6 turnovers came from him?
2) His first interception was a poor pass. He effed up. Period. No excuse.
3) The pass where he threw the ball over the middle between Horn and Stallworth was dumb. Its an ill-advised pass. If you're getting rushed, throw the ball out of bounds. You NEVER, when rushed, throw the ball over the middle in traffic. You just don't do it. They teach you not to. Poor decision.
4) Brooks fumbled the ball on a potential scoring drive. We were on a roll. Thats 7 points and a crapload of moral boosting that could have inspired a comeback.
5) How in the hell does this continue to be a problem with him? How can he consistently make the same mistake over and over? He's good for one of these every ball game.
6) Brooks interception at the end of the game is pointless. I won't bash him on it because the game was over anyways. He was just throwing it up hoping something would happen.

First the INT that came from the WR'S damn near running into one another, had nothing to do with Brooks. It's very obvious that one of them was in the wrong place, you never have two WR'S that close together running the exact same route almost running into each other. The pass to Conwell was a fastball, it wasn't too high it hit him in the palm of his hands the ball had to clear over two defenders and was a perfectly thrown strike, he (Conwell) just blew it. Horn was trying too hard on his fumble, the fumble by Brooks was a bad exchange from center...The only bad pass Brooks threw that was on him, was the pass to Stallworth that got INT by Emmons.

Carney as usual to me set the ending of this game, by missing that cheap shot kick until then you knew our guys were gonna come back. I knew we weren't gonna have much success running because the Giants unlike ourselves keep a good defense! We need beef in the middle of our defense very badly, the rotation of DE'S playing DT is not getting the job done. Great effort Saints players just too many stupid mistakes.
He threw the ball over the middle. It was an ill advised pass in the situation he was in. You don't throw over the middle in a cluster of people and hope something good happens. Even if the wide receivers messed up their routes, you throw the ball out of bounds.

So, you just admitted the pass to Conwell was in double coverage. He threw the ball to a tight-end with barely any verticle covered by two Giant defenders infront of him. Granted he got it through the defense, it was thrown too hard for brick hands Conwell to catch it.

The fumble was Brooks' fault. If you watched the play, you clearly see Brooks pull out before the ball got to his hands. He was nervous and he jumped too soon. It was a lack of composure that led him to make the mistake.

The missed field goal from Carney is arguable. I do believe the game was over before he missed it, though. Thats just my opinion.
BoudinSandwich is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 03:07 PM   #24
100th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Stone Mountain, GA
Posts: 448
RE: No Brooks Bashing

No doubt the Saints can come back and should have a good season. But we should have one that game. Joe horn was miked up for the game and we heard him say that we gave the Giants the game. Joe said we handed it to them on a platter and they ate it up.
SaintStoneyMount is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 03:12 PM   #25
100th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Stone Mountain, GA
Posts: 448
RE: No Brooks Bashing

He threw the ball to a tight-end with barely any verticle covered by two Giant defenders infront of him. Granted he got it through the defense, it was thrown too hard for brick hands Conwell to catch it.
I don't buy that. If you have a strong enough arm to be the double coverage and put it on the money then the receiver (or person catching the ball) needs to get that. Conwell is a tight end in the NFL. He needs to catch a ball that hit him dead in the hands. It hit him in the hands for christ sake and he blew it. I'm not saying Brooks doesn't deserve to be roasted here, cause he deserves it today I'm just saying he didn't show up at the poo poo party by himself.

SaintStoneyMountLurksNoMore

\"Bless U Boyz\"
\"Geaux Saints\"
\"Geaux Tigers\"
SaintStoneyMount is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 08:12 PM   #26
OldiesDJ
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Scott, LA
Posts: 951
Blog Entries: 12
RE: No Brooks Bashing

The fact is the Saints loss and Aaron Brooks is a huge part of the reason for their defeat. I don't care what kind of excuses you make for this guy. This was a team effort, but Brooks blew this game way more than any other player did. Out of all the bad plays, his name appears the most.

If you're satisfied with this guy as our quarterback, then you must be living an extremely pleasurable life. You're apparently happy with mediocre, and at times sub-par performances. I can see exactly why you're a fan of this team.

I, on the other hand, want a change. I want a positive one. My desire is for the Saints to win the SuperBowl. Brooks hurts this team and is making their run at the big show an extremely difficult one.

What do I suggest? I suggest we get a quarterback who doesn't lose the game for us. He doesn't have to win the game. He doesn't have to be incredibly talented, throw hard, or run fast. I just want a quarterback thats going to protect the ball and will NOT be the reason why our team fails. I don't care about big numbers or pro-bowl calliber stats. I want a smart quarterback who may not make genius plays, but doesn't make idiotic ones. I want a quarterback who has a strong grip on the football. I want a quarterback who can read defences and run through his progression. I want a quarterback who isn't known as a consistent drive killer.

How can anyone defend Aaron Brooks at this point? There was a play last night where he threw the ball to a receiver who happened to be covered by 4 defensive players. 4. Granted, I'm not the football genius, but if 4 defenders are on one receiver, shouldn't there be another receiver or two streaking wide open down field? What the hell?

No other team in the NFL would have kept Aaron Brooks as their starting quarterback as long as we have. I'm sorry. I don't care what any of you say anymore. Yes, he had a good game last week. He also had an atrocious game last night.

Whatever, though. Why is it that an incredibly low percentage of fantasy football players around the country never draft Brooks? Nearly everyone who drafts Brooks for his fantasy team is a Saints' fan. I admit, though, in fantasy football Brooks does decent. That can largely be attributed to the fact that there are no "drive/morale killer" statistics to go by.
BoudinSandwich is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 08:29 AM   #27
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Re: RE: No Brooks Bashing

Originally Posted by OldiesDJ
The fact is the Saints loss and Aaron Brooks is a huge part of the reason for their defeat. I don't care what kind of excuses you make for this guy. This was a team effort, but Brooks blew this game way more than any other player did. Out of all the bad plays, his name appears the most.

If you're satisfied with this guy as our quarterback, then you must be living an extremely pleasurable life. You're apparently happy with mediocre, and at times sub-par performances. I can see exactly why you're a fan of this team.

I, on the other hand, want a change. I want a positive one. My desire is for the Saints to win the SuperBowl. Brooks hurts this team and is making their run at the big show an extremely difficult one.

What do I suggest? I suggest we get a quarterback who doesn't lose the game for us. He doesn't have to win the game. He doesn't have to be incredibly talented, throw hard, or run fast. I just want a quarterback thats going to protect the ball and will NOT be the reason why our team fails. I don't care about big numbers or pro-bowl calliber stats. I want a smart quarterback who may not make genius plays, but doesn't make idiotic ones. I want a quarterback who has a strong grip on the football. I want a quarterback who can read defences and run through his progression. I want a quarterback who isn't known as a consistent drive killer.

How can anyone defend Aaron Brooks at this point? There was a play last night where he threw the ball to a receiver who happened to be covered by 4 defensive players. 4. Granted, I'm not the football genius, but if 4 defenders are on one receiver, shouldn't there be another receiver or two streaking wide open down field? What the hell?

No other team in the NFL would have kept Aaron Brooks as their starting quarterback as long as we have. I'm sorry. I don't care what any of you say anymore. Yes, he had a good game last week. He also had an atrocious game last night.

Whatever, though. Why is it that an incredibly low percentage of fantasy football players around the country never draft Brooks? Nearly everyone who drafts Brooks for his fantasy team is a Saints' fan. I admit, though, in fantasy football Brooks does decent. That can largely be attributed to the fact that there are no "drive/morale killer" statistics to go by.
And that ends that. Well played Oldies, well played.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 09:16 AM   #28
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Re: RE: Re: RE: No Brooks Bashing

Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
OldiesDJ wrote:
The fact is the Saints loss and Aaron Brooks is a huge part of the reason for their defeat. I don't care what kind of excuses you make for this guy. This was a team effort, but Brooks blew this game way more than any other player did. Out of all the bad plays, his name appears the most.

If you're satisfied with this guy as our quarterback, then you must be living an extremely pleasurable life. You're apparently happy with mediocre, and at times sub-par performances. I can see exactly why you're a fan of this team.

I, on the other hand, want a change. I want a positive one. My desire is for the Saints to win the SuperBowl. Brooks hurts this team and is making their run at the big show an extremely difficult one.

What do I suggest? I suggest we get a quarterback who doesn't lose the game for us. He doesn't have to win the game. He doesn't have to be incredibly talented, throw hard, or run fast. I just want a quarterback thats going to protect the ball and will NOT be the reason why our team fails. I don't care about big numbers or pro-bowl calliber stats. I want a smart quarterback who may not make genius plays, but doesn't make idiotic ones. I want a quarterback who has a strong grip on the football. I want a quarterback who can read defences and run through his progression. I want a quarterback who isn't known as a consistent drive killer.

How can anyone defend Aaron Brooks at this point? There was a play last night where he threw the ball to a receiver who happened to be covered by 4 defensive players. 4. Granted, I'm not the football genius, but if 4 defenders are on one receiver, shouldn't there be another receiver or two streaking wide open down field? What the hell?

No other team in the NFL would have kept Aaron Brooks as their starting quarterback as long as we have. I'm sorry. I don't care what any of you say anymore. Yes, he had a good game last week. He also had an atrocious game last night.

Whatever, though. Why is it that an incredibly low percentage of fantasy football players around the country never draft Brooks? Nearly everyone who drafts Brooks for his fantasy team is a Saints' fan. I admit, though, in fantasy football Brooks does decent. That can largely be attributed to the fact that there are no "drive/morale killer" statistics to go by.


And that ends that. Well played Oldies, well played.

Dead wrong, and I want to say thanks, to all the people that work in the NFL are cover the NFL that don't have preexisting agenda's for pointing out how well Aaron Brooks and Joe Horn played in this game.

I find it very amazing that Ex. NFL QB'S can go on ESPN after the game and say how they watched this game and our QB play so well, and come into this forum and find a few pond scums running amuck. Now this ends it all!
The fact that Sean Salisbury is your back-up, kills your whole argument. And you have used it like 14 times already, find a new one. It sucked the fist time you used it, and hasn't gotten better.

During the game in the FIRST QUARTER, the announcers kept saying how good Brooks looked. They also said to a man, "I have NEVER seen him play this well." Never. He has been out starter what, 5 years? That was in the first quarter. Stop trying to make it seem like they pumped him up the whole game, cause when the mistakes started, they stopped singing that tune. As a matter of fact, they went to pointing out how many guys were in coverage around the passes Brooks was throwing. The second guy, Paul I think it is, counted as many as 4 defenders around several of Brooks' incompletions. But so what? Is it ruining your life everyone doesn't think Brooks is as great as you? We are two games in to the 5th year of his mediocrity, it ain't changing. He will have damn good games, and he will help cost us some. That's Brooks. You may be satisfied with that, but others aren't. Calling people pond scum and insulting their intelligence only makes your argument that much poorer. Go troll somewhere else.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 09:43 AM   #29
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
I'm sitting in Cowboy Country where they wished they had him as I was told time and time again.
LMAO!! This is a flat out lie. I was at the Saints Cowboys game last year, and BEFORE that game, which was what, 8-10 months ago now, they were suffering through Chad Hutchinson and Quincy and Tony Banks and at the current time Vinny Testaverde. And as I was sitting in the seats, with my homeboy who is a Cowboys fan, I heard them say " I wish we had a QB like Aaron Brooks. He puts up great stats." Kinda like what we hear here as the only Brooks defense. After halftime, to a man, even my buddy, they had changed their minds. Most only wne toff of stats and hadn't seen him play. I said this very same thing last year right after the game. As a matter of fact, I will go to a large gathering of Cowboys fans and post right now a poll asking if they want AB. If you are gonna make something up, make sure noone is near an area that can disprove what you are saying.

Second, your attempt at deflection is lame. NOONE said Brooks is THE reason we lost, EVERYONE who is not blinded by him has said he is one of the reasons. You refuse to even say that. How sad for you. He made the same mistakes he has made forever, and some are tired of it. Big woop. Why are you knocking yourself out trying to prove this mediocre guy is some superhero? You are like the guy who ALWAYS has to take the most random character on any popular movie or show and make it seem like they carry the cast. Like if someone said, man Vader and Skywalker were awesome in the early Star Wars, you would be like "Yeah, but it would have been nothing without Chewbacca," or something to that effect. Or Seinfeld was one of the greatest comedies of our time, and you would say, "well without Jackie Childs, they would never have made it that far." We get it already. You love Brooks and he gets NO BLAME for anything having to do with a loss for the team, but all credit for anything having to do with a win. Trust me, we get the picture. There is no need to make stuff up, call people names, be rude, and question people's intelligence cause Brooks doesn't butter our buscuits.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 09-21-2005, 10:07 AM   #30
OldiesDJ
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Scott, LA
Posts: 951
Blog Entries: 12
This is getting pathetic. The people who think Brooks plays great are the ones that can't give you 3 basic fundementals of being a quarterback. They know nothing about the position.
BoudinSandwich is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts