Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

The reason we loss

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by BlackonBlack Leadership comes from your Coaches, AB is at fault for somethings. But yet again you and others include him as either 1 or 2 of the problems when in truth the things he does that are ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2005, 06:48 PM   #21
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockley, Tx
Posts: 1,457
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
Leadership comes from your Coaches, AB is at fault for somethings. But yet again you and others include him as either 1 or 2 of the problems when in truth the things he does that are f*k-ups might be around problem 4-5.

2000-2005 combined add them together this teams defense hasn't scored even 10 scoring TD'S. The Bear have more right now then this team has gotten combined over the past 5 years!

These are the things you people keep missing! Scoring defense, turnovers that's winning football. NFL Teams feed off of their defense!!!!!! Never, never have you heard a Coach say that his team feeds off his offense.it's always the latter. Defense gives up a TD on every opening play?????? turnovers mind you are a part of football, every team does them and they are supposed to fight through them.
So now the Defense is supposed to do the Offense's job and score the points. I wonder how many coaches plan for the Defense's scores to win games. Your argument is just insane. The defense is just that, Defend and prevent scoring. Scoring defenses are a luxery or a nice gift when it happens. I believe last year our defense had quite a few takaways but the offense could not convert. Also when the offense or special teams gives the ball up in the red zone you should expect points one way or another unless it's our offense. To hold them to 3 points is the best that can be expected at least with a takaway a pleasent surprise.
lynwood is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 07:09 PM   #22
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 591
Uhhh I think he's makes sense. Who in the world plans on defensive scoring to win a game. When it happens it's good but no coach plans on it. It's one thing to say that the defense sucks we all know that. It's quite another to say that they should be scoring points for us. I saw you wrote in another post that the offense can struggle but the D is not supposed to. That's ridiculous.

If our D had stopped them on that first possesion, what makes you think we would've been able to score anyway. Didn't you see that we were like 2 for 11 on third down....AB had a QB rating of 1.9 at one point??? I guess thats the D's fault too though.
GoldenTomb is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 07:09 PM   #23
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockley, Tx
Posts: 1,457
So build a defense, depend on them to score, and just have offense on the field to meet the rules? Did you just start watching football? are you from another country? Last year our offense couldn't convert on takeaways. And just by your argument that the defense needs to score for us to win you pretty much by default admit that our offense is an overpaid practice squad. How many superbowls did that Mora defense win us or playoff games for that matter? If you can't have an offense to control the clock or score if the defense can't score for them then why have an offense? And yes I just finished potty training and i still understand more about the game than you do.
lynwood is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 07:12 PM   #24
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockley, Tx
Posts: 1,457
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
Uhhh i think everyone knows our D sucks. Most of them need to go....but Brooks does too, sorry.

Yeah, you're right everyone knows our defense sucks!! Every team we're gonna play knows our defense sucks. Quote by Sterling Sharp on Friday Playbook: "the Saints defense will cure all the Vikings ailments".

What do you think Sterling meant by saying this on Friday??! what does he know that obviously most of you don't know????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are teams in the NFL right now today, that have more defensive scores than the Saints defense has combined over the past five years. Marinate your brain on that for a while.
Do we really have to dig up quotes on how many times AB makes boneheaded plays and how inconsistant he is? Yeah the defense isn't the greatest but they do give us a chance. 3 and outs by our offense doesn't really give us a chance now does it? or 2 of 11 passing? Take another toke.
lynwood is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 07:17 PM   #25
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockley, Tx
Posts: 1,457
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
Uhhh I think he's makes sense. Who in the world plans on defensive scoring to win a game. When it happens it's good but no coach plans on it. It's one thing to say that the defense sucks we all know that. It's quite another to say that they should be scoring points for us. I saw you wrote in another post that the offense can struggle but the D is not supposed to. That's ridiculous.

If our D had stopped them on that first possesion, what makes you think we would've been able to score anyway. Didn't you see that we were like 2 for 11 on third down....AB had a QB rating of 1.9 at one point??? I guess thats the D's fault too though.
Ask Lovie Smith, in his Monday press conference he said he gave his defense a goal of 10TD'S this season. They had 5 going into this sunday.

As far as every other Coach will tell you, like the Ravens, the Buc's, the Colts-Manning had 0TD'S prior to this sunday. Every Coach wants defensive scores, most build there teams that way, ask Mora did you just become a Saints fan?? Must have, cause a long time Saints fan knows our defense scored just as much as our offense when we were good going into the playoffs 4 times straight we never, never, never went because of our offense!
So just getting to the playoffs and getting knocked out in the first round is good enough for you?
lynwood is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 07:17 PM   #26
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 591
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
Uhhh i think everyone knows our D sucks. Most of them need to go....but Brooks does too, sorry.

Yeah, you're right everyone knows our defense sucks!! Every team we're gonna play knows our defense sucks. Quote by Sterling Sharp on Friday Playbook: "the Saints defense will cure all the Vikings ailments".

What do you think Sterling meant by saying this on Friday??! what does he know that obviously most of you don't know????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are teams in the NFL right now today, that have more defensive scores than the Saints defense has combined over the past five years. Marinate your brain on that for a while.
OK....lets try this again. Every Saints fan knows that the D sucks, so who are u arguing with....yourself?? It doesnt change the fact that the O sucks too, and Brooks still needs to go....sorry.

Dude just drop the defensive scoring theory. The D's job is to DEFEND not score. How many defensive scores did the Colts have last year???
GoldenTomb is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockley, Tx
Posts: 1,457
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack

Do we really have to dig up quotes on how many times AB makes boneheaded plays and how inconsistant he is? Yeah the defense isn't the greatest but they do give us a chance. 3 and outs by our offense doesn't really give us a chance now does it? or 2 of 11 passing? Take another toke.

15fumbles/16INTS/19TD'S...Those are the QB'ing numbers of the 2003 runner up. Peyton Manning threw for 120yds last week, 0TD'S the past2, both wins by his team. No matter what you say I can find the numbers to back mine up.
I can find numbers too. Heck anyone can to advance their argument for their side.. It's your argument base that doesn't hold water. You seem to be the only one saying Defense needs to score for us to win. What about a defense that holds the other team scoreless? Then what do you expect the offense to do?
lynwood is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 07:24 PM   #28
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockley, Tx
Posts: 1,457
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
OK....lets try this again. Every Saints fan knows that the D sucks, so who are u arguing with....yourself?? It doesnt change the fact that the O sucks too, and Brooks still needs to go....sorry.

Dude just drop the defensive scoring theory. The D's job is to DEFEND not score. How many defensive scores did the Colts have last year???

So dude, are you saying Mora had it wrong? Lovie.Smith in Chicago, Tampa, Ravens, Ditka with Buddy Ryan and the 46' defense.

you mean in all the stats of every Superbowl winner, playoff advancer always being upper echelon in scoring defense they all arew wrong and you're right?
yes
lynwood is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 07:27 PM   #29
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 591
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
Uhhh I think he's makes sense. Who in the world plans on defensive scoring to win a game. When it happens it's good but no coach plans on it. It's one thing to say that the defense sucks we all know that. It's quite another to say that they should be scoring points for us. I saw you wrote in another post that the offense can struggle but the D is not supposed to. That's ridiculous.

If our D had stopped them on that first possesion, what makes you think we would've been able to score anyway. Didn't you see that we were like 2 for 11 on third down....AB had a QB rating of 1.9 at one point??? I guess thats the D's fault too though.
Ask Lovie Smith, in his Monday press conference he said he gave his defense a goal of 10TD'S this season. They had 5 going into this sunday.

As far as every other Coach will tell you, like the Ravens, the Buc's, the Colts-Manning had 0TD'S prior to this sunday. Every Coach wants defensive scores, most build there teams that way, ask Mora did you just become a Saints fan?? Must have, cause a long time Saints fan knows our defense scored just as much as our offense when we were good going into the playoffs 4 times straight we never, never, never went because of our offense!
OK so Lovie Smith and the Chicago Bears should be the benchmark for us....keep digging your hole. How did they do today by the way??

What does the Defense have to do with 2 for 11 on third down???

Or 2 fumbles??

Or 2 interceptions???

Stop living in the past...it's 2005 now. The Dome Patrol and the 3-4 is gone. Today our D sucks, our O sucks and Aaron Brooks STILL needs to go, sorry.

I'm so sure that John Fox is saying....we would've won if our cornerbacks had run back a couple of INTs back for touchdowns....lo

So tell me...how many defensive touchdowns a game is adequate for you?? If we had one for each of the past 2 games we would have still lost, right????
GoldenTomb is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 07:27 PM   #30
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockley, Tx
Posts: 1,457
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
It doesnt change the fact that the O sucks too, and Brooks still needs to go....sorry.

And if you are throwing that in there with the hopes it bothers me? First off the Coach needs to go, with a New Coach in place if he decides AB needs to go, contact me i'll pay for his bus ticket! But unlike you guys i know even with a new coach AB will probably still be here.
I seriously doubt that a new coach would want to carry over brooks. Why would he want a proven bonehead playmaker that is hot two games out of 16? If that coach does that chalk up another losing season.
lynwood is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts