Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

And the bad play continues

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by TheGambler Originally Posted by BlackonBlack The QB of a 7-3 team, right that's the point. This guy plays horrible weekend and week-out and his team still wins. Now you want to acknowledge the 7-3 as if he ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2005, 09:13 PM   #11
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,387
Originally Posted by TheGambler
Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
The QB of a 7-3 team, right that's the point. This guy plays horrible weekend and week-out and his team still wins. Now you want to acknowledge the 7-3 as if he contributed to each victory, as if he gave the franchise those.

When in fact those 7 wins were achieved despite him, and the point i've always made is if that team can win despite what their QB does why can't ours? Like every other normal NFL Team does, win even when their QB stinks up the joint...

So the finger point of the Cajun God was made because of what a certain individual did this entire offseason on this forum day in day out 24/7...The fluke, was shown as a fluke a long time ago, and is being proven with every passing sunday, no more talk did the Saints make the right call anymore...

You're actually reinforcing a point that I made in an another thread. Put Aaron Brooks in the right situation, and he will flourish just as much as Delhomme did in 2003, and just as much as Jake Plummer is doing this year in Denver. When they aren't in the right situation, well, we've seen what Plummer can do, we've seen Brooks throw a pass backwards, and we've seen Delhomme start overcompensating and committing turnovers also.

Delhomme has played quite well in several games this year, but he has also struggled in others. The beauty of it for the Panthers, however, is that the team is solid enough to overcome his "off-days". Unfortunately, if Brooks is playing shaky, there's hardly ever any complete confidence that the defense can force a turnover or keep the team from scoring (yesterday was an exception to this.....the D actually responded in the 4th qtr and helped us stay in the game till the end). That leaves Brooks more wide-open to criticism, beacuse if he throws 0 TDs and 2 Interceptions, and the Saints win 24-3, then people aren't gonna say much. However, if Brooks throws 3 TDs and 2 interceptions, and the Saints lose 30-21, then all of a sudden Brooks "turns the ball over too much" and "doesn't possess the skillls to take us to the next step".

..actually, Gambler, what leaves Brooks open to criticism, is Brooks himself...

..when someone proclaims himself great, you call him out... simple as that...

BTW, the defense actually has been playing well...

La neta es chida, pero inalcanzable
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Latest Blogs
Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 11-21-2005, 11:34 PM   #12
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 30
Well all I can say is this a team is a reflection of the coach and you practice like you perform. The team has given up on the season because Haslett did. Let's be brutally honest Benson sucks and the team knows it this is just like the first major League let's suck bad enough to move and then we will get good again. We all hope and pray that Tagliabue forces him to sell to either Jim Bob Moffett or to Bradshaws group and maybe they are more intrested about the field than the wallet. Because untill then this whole AB/JD argument is nothing more than spinning our wheels. The difference between the two is three-fold coaching, front office and most of all an orginazation that prides itself on winning and nothing else. So untill then this debate is mute. I could go on and on but what is the f*cking point.
SaintsAvenger is offline  
Old 11-22-2005, 12:42 AM   #13
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,889
Actually it's a indication that myself and a few others were right. And there is no smart arse comeback, only shut-up? Hahhahahahaha.
Who said that I ever disagreed with you? I don't necessarily think that Jake Delhomme is that good of a quarterback (or even better than Brooks for that matter), but the "shut up" came from my (and plenty of other competent posters) sentiment that all you do is trash the intelligent and stimulating conversation/debating that goes on at this site. No matter how many times Whodi refutes what you say with sound arguments and compelling statistical evidence, you continue to plug away convinced that "you're right and everybody else is wrong." That is what many experts consider "social ineptitude." You have the social competence of a four-year-old who will continue to whine and cry and annoy all over this board until you think people are convinced. So trust me, it's annoying and nobody's impressed, or even listening anymore. So give it up.
TheDeuce is offline  
Old 11-22-2005, 07:44 AM   #14
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 406
Originally Posted by TheDeuce
Actually it's a indication that myself and a few others were right. And there is no smart arse comeback, only shut-up? Hahhahahahaha.
Who said that I ever disagreed with you? I don't necessarily think that Jake Delhomme is that good of a quarterback (or even better than Brooks for that matter), but the "shut up" came from my (and plenty of other competent posters) sentiment that all you do is trash the intelligent and stimulating conversation/debating that goes on at this site. No matter how many times Whodi refutes what you say with sound arguments and compelling statistical evidence, you continue to plug away convinced that "you're right and everybody else is wrong." That is what many experts consider "social ineptitude." You have the social competence of a four-year-old who will continue to whine and cry and annoy all over this board until you think people are convinced. So trust me, it's annoying and nobody's impressed, or even listening anymore. So give it up.
On behalf of all of us who are subjected to the constant deluge of ignorant babble, drivel, and factless, baseless, unmitigated garbage from "Jake Delhomme's Stalker", THANK YOU, THE DEUCE!

\"The AB brand of TP will hurt your O-ring.\" - BlackandBlue

http://www.darrylbercegeay.com/wsmith1.jpg
FrenzyFan is offline  
Old 11-22-2005, 10:18 AM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 1,367
Hey BnB and Whodi....






Please give it a rest. Thank you.



8)
TallySaint is offline  
Old 11-22-2005, 10:54 AM   #16
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 603
^^

Good point, but it's not going to stop either one of them.
TheGambler is offline  
Old 11-22-2005, 10:59 AM   #17
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 603
I did enjoy a couple of quotes from their debate, however:


Originally Posted by BlackonBlack
So the finger point of the Cajun God
Originally Posted by saintswhodi
run for a week and pray AB has a better game than Jake

Good times.
TheGambler is offline  
Old 11-22-2005, 06:50 PM   #18
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Originally Posted by TallySaint
Hey BnB and Whodi....






Please give it a rest. Thank you.



8)
I made one reply in this post that called me out, and ducked out. No long one sided debate, and I need to give it a rest? Please refrain from using me in your attempts at humor. I purposely only made one response, and no response in other instances. But you're not a moderator, so why don't you give it a rest? It's obvious one person is being a nuisance, and far be it from me to ever respond to someone who is willing to completely fabricate information, make up other info without any thought, and lash out at anyone who disagrees with him. Yeah, I should give it a rest.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 11-23-2005, 12:52 AM   #19
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 11,925
Blog Entries: 44
Ok I think everyone is tired of this one. Get a room if you guys get any closer.
Halo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts