Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

At least I enjoyed ........

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Defense!!!! Only TD allowed off the turnover inside their own territory... no points off turnovers after that and oly 3 points besides that... Stecker: Stecker seems to make a big play every game, plus he seems to have it for ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #1
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,345
At least I enjoyed ........

Defense!!!! Only TD allowed off the turnover inside their own territory... no points off turnovers after that and oly 3 points besides that...

Stecker: Stecker seems to make a big play every game, plus he seems to have it for KO returns..

Zack: throw him a ball in front of him, for crying out loud!!!
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 12-04-2005, 04:15 PM   #2
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 264
RE: ... on a positive side...

There is no positive side. The good job that the defense did was foiled at every turned by a halfwitted dud who can't look over a defense and make the right reads. We should have won this game. The one and ONLY one who lost it for us was named BROOKs, AARON aka Fumbles the Clown.
RDOX is offline  
Old 12-04-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
Part Time Pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966
Re: RE: ... on a positive side...

Originally Posted by RDOX
The one and ONLY one who lost it for us was named BROOKs, AARON aka Fumbles the Clown.
Agreed. Once again, Brooks has single handedly killed the Saints! Kudos to the defense in this game. Considering the whole game, the only way they could have played better is if Brooks were playing QB for the Bucs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gandhi1007 is offline  
Old 12-04-2005, 11:29 PM   #4
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,345
RE: Re: RE: ... on a positive side...

... well, in retrospect, I can't believe I used the word "positive"... it should've read "..at least I enjoyed..."

.. any mods who can change my title to "at least I enjoyed..." Please?? Pretty please?????
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 12-05-2005, 02:00 AM   #5
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,800
RE: Re: RE: ... on a positive side...

Did the defense look better this game? Possibly. But... let's not suck each others d***s just yet. We must remember that the Bucs are not exactly known for having a Colts style power offense.

I still think Venturi needs to go.
LordOfEntropy is offline  
Old 12-05-2005, 08:24 AM   #6
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,345
Re: RE: Re: RE: ... on a positive side...

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper
... well, in retrospect, I can't believe I used the word "positive"... it should've read "..at least I enjoyed..."

.. any mods who can change my title to "at least I enjoyed..." Please?? Pretty please?????
Bless your heart
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 12-05-2005, 08:30 AM   #7
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Williamsburg, VA (aka Southern Canada)
Posts: 1,689
RE: Re: RE: ... on a positive side...

Is the D really as good as its ranking? Absolutely not, but they might be playing better than in the past couple of years. Had we tied the game with 2 mins to go I seriously doubt that the D could have kept TB out of FG range. The offense is just playing so bad this year that other teams are not needing to score as much as in the past. Thus, better D stats.

I was just thinking that even though I liked what was being said when Haz hired sheppard as OC, it may not have been the best choice. I can't really pinpoint anything that is completely wrong with him as OC like I could with McCarthy, but obviously the unit is not producing as it should. Perhaps a REAL OC would have made a difference. Of course, the same can be said about the DC.
ScottyRo is offline  
Old 12-05-2005, 08:31 AM   #8
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,345
Re: RE: Re: RE: ... on a positive side...

Originally Posted by LordOfEntropy
Did the defense look better this game? Possibly. But... let's not suck each others d***s just yet. We must remember that the Bucs are not exactly known for having a Colts style power offense.

I still think Venturi needs to go.
.. I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'd like to point out that prior to the Bears game, the Bucs scored 36 on Washington and 30 on Atlanta with Chris Simms at QB... so yes, while I agree with you in that Venturi needs to go, the defense is not "there" yet, and that we should not engage in any type of unnatural acts , I still enjoyed the play of the defense.
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 12-05-2005, 08:47 AM   #9
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,345
Re: RE: Re: RE: ... on a positive side...

Originally Posted by ScottyRo
Is the D really as good as its ranking? Absolutely not, but they might be playing better than in the past couple of years. Had we tied the game with 2 mins to go I seriously doubt that the D could have kept TB out of FG range. The offense is just playing so bad this year that other teams are not needing to score as much as in the past. Thus, better D stats.

I was just thinking that even though I liked what was being said when Haz hired sheppard as OC, it may not have been the best choice. I can't really pinpoint anything that is completely wrong with him as OC like I could with McCarthy, but obviously the unit is not producing as it should. Perhaps a REAL OC would have made a difference. Of course, the same can be said about the DC.
I don't really care much about rankings because they are just averages and averages rarely tell the whole story, but why not???

And why you doubt they would've stopped the Bucs with 2 minutes to go? The pretty much stopped them the whole game...they faced 3 turnovers by the offense (not counting the last one because the Bucs basically kneeled down on that one) and the Bucs could only capitalize on one!! After that, they only gave up one field goal.I just don't understand why you insist on not giving ANY credit to the defense... I'm not saying praise, just some credit...Yes they have problems and yes Venturi needs to go, but come on!! They ARE playing better this year. MAtter of fact, if you consider how horrible the offense is playing, I would say they're playing much better than in year's past

As for Sheppard, he's trying to run an offense with half of the playbook Mccarthy left behind, and even using the dumbed-down ..er.. "simplified" version, he doesn't have a QB who can run it...

La neta es chida, pero inalcanzable
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 12-05-2005, 11:10 AM   #10
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,800
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ... on a positive side...

They scored 30 on ATL? Really? I didn't know that. 36 on Washington? Perhaps our defense is playing a little better than I realized. But it's hard for me to take a solid position on it, though, as the games aren't being televised up here.

Interesting.
LordOfEntropy is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts