this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9364086 (Defensive end Mario Williams is considered one of the top prospects in the 2006 NFL Draft. As a junior at North Carolina State, Williams helped lead the Wolfpack to a 7-5 record and a shutout bowl victory over South ...
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|04-11-2006, 04:22 AM||#1|
The Dark Overlord
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: dirty south
Williams: Taking the pop quiz
(Defensive end Mario Williams is considered one of the top prospects in the 2006 NFL Draft. As a junior at North Carolina State, Williams helped lead the Wolfpack to a 7-5 record and a shutout bowl victory over South Florida. Williams' 14ÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â½ sacks and 24 tackles for loss propelled N.C. State to a No. 8 national ranking in total defense. NFL.com brings you updates from Williams as he approaches the draft.)
(April 7, 2006) -- This special entry is Mario Williams' pop quiz. While it's not the Wonderlic exam, it's certainly a good way to find out more Williams.
Full name and position: Mario Jerrell Williams, defensive end
Date and location of birth: Jan. 31, 1985, Richland, N.C.
College and major: North Carolina State, Sports Management
1. What is the one thing you will miss most about college?
Williams: My teammates.
2. What was your favorite night-before-the-game meal?
Williams: Rice and butter. I eat pieces of chicken and stuff, but I eat a lot of rice and butter.
After being an RB in high school, Mario Williams wouldn't mind a return to the position.
3. Who was the toughest player you faced in college?
Williams: (Former Florida State OT) Alex Barron.
4. What other position do you wish you could play?
Williams: Probably running back. That's because you can score touchdowns.
5. Who were your idols as a child?
Williams: Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith and Lawrence Taylor.
6. Whose throwback jersey do you most want (or already have) in your closet?
Williams: I don't wear jerseys at this point because they're too expensive for me. But probably Lawrence Taylor.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Williams: Clean my car. I have a big S-250 I call "Big Country."
8. Finish this sentence: The first thing I will buy after signing an NFL contract will be ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Â‚Â¬Ã‚Â¦
Williams: A house in the city I'm going to, but I will have a house in North Carolina eventually as well.
9. Name the most important thing you learned in college?
Williams: Discipline. That sums it up basically.
10. Pick one: Fame or fortune.
Williams: Fame, because I believe fame will always be there. Like, say, Lawrence Taylor. Everyone will remember him. But with fortune, you can always run out of money. With fame your name will be in everyone's head for a long time.
11. Do you have any superstitions?
Williams: I still think about splitting the pole, where I would walk on one side of the pole and someone would go on the other side. That's the only thing I really think about.
12. Let's say you got to host NFL Total Access for one day. Who would your guests be?
Williams: If I could have anybody in the whole world, I would want Martin Lawrence, Vida Guerra and Russell Simmons.
13. Which NFL stadium are you most looking forward to playing in?
Williams: Indianapolis. I liked their turf from when I was at the Combine.
14. What do you want people to know about N.C. State football that they might not already know?
Williams: We are disciplined. We don't jump offsides or anything, because that would be uncharacteristic of us. We are disciplined all the time.
15. It's 100 years from now. How are people going to remember you?
Williams: That I was one of the greatest defensive players of all time
I Live In Beastmode!