Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Donte on the Block Too

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by StallworthFN I don't see what all this talk about trading Donte is all about... For what...A 3rd round pick? Another so called underacheiver? Pointless. No matter what he does, people will always want to go back to ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2006, 01:09 AM   #21
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 594
Originally Posted by StallworthFN
I don't see what all this talk about trading Donte is all about... For what...A 3rd round pick? Another so called underacheiver? Pointless. No matter what he does, people will always want to go back to the dropped passes?

I doubt he had that many more then some of the receivers people get all woked out about getting in a trade for Stallworth! Face it he is a good receiver and had a good year. Why trade him? It makes NO sense to me, and if we do, then you know he'll break out and get into the Pro Bowl....then what will you say?
Well the fact of the matter is WRs a lot better than Stallworth get cut and traded every year. And every year is supposed to be his so called "break out season". The problem that we Saints fans have is that we get stuck in this rut of waiting for players to 'break out", just like we were waiting for AB to break out, and now how we're gonna be waiting for Henderson to "break out" instead of looking at results, which really matters. I hardly think trading Stallworth is out of the question. If Payton wants to get rid of him I have no problem with it, whether I like him or not. It's business.
GoldRush26 is offline  
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 04-19-2006, 08:51 AM   #22
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Originally Posted by GoldRush26
Originally Posted by StallworthFN
I don't see what all this talk about trading Donte is all about... For what...A 3rd round pick? Another so called underacheiver? Pointless. No matter what he does, people will always want to go back to the dropped passes?

I doubt he had that many more then some of the receivers people get all woked out about getting in a trade for Stallworth! Face it he is a good receiver and had a good year. Why trade him? It makes NO sense to me, and if we do, then you know he'll break out and get into the Pro Bowl....then what will you say?
Well the fact of the matter is WRs a lot better than Stallworth get cut and traded every year. And every year is supposed to be his so called "break out season". The problem that we Saints fans have is that we get stuck in this rut of waiting for players to 'break out", just like we were waiting for AB to break out, and now how we're gonna be waiting for Henderson to "break out" instead of looking at results, which really matters. I hardly think trading Stallworth is out of the question. If Payton wants to get rid of him I have no problem with it, whether I like him or not. It's business.
Um, Stallworth has a new QB, A MUCH MUCH MUCH better one, and new coaches working with him now. He was our best receiver last year. It would be dumb as **** to trade him now, without even giving him a chance with a consistent, proven QB and a new staff.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 04-19-2006, 09:10 AM   #23
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,210
Blog Entries: 5
I also think Stallworth is going to have a good year in a west coast offense. Snagging a quick post or slant and then using his speed to run away...
Euphoria is offline  
Old 04-19-2006, 09:52 AM   #24
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Abingdon, Virginia
Posts: 490
Originally Posted by saintswhodi
Originally Posted by GoldRush26
Originally Posted by StallworthFN
I don't see what all this talk about trading Donte is all about... For what...A 3rd round pick? Another so called underacheiver? Pointless. No matter what he does, people will always want to go back to the dropped passes?

I doubt he had that many more then some of the receivers people get all woked out about getting in a trade for Stallworth! Face it he is a good receiver and had a good year. Why trade him? It makes NO sense to me, and if we do, then you know he'll break out and get into the Pro Bowl....then what will you say?
Well the fact of the matter is WRs a lot better than Stallworth get cut and traded every year. And every year is supposed to be his so called "break out season". The problem that we Saints fans have is that we get stuck in this rut of waiting for players to 'break out", just like we were waiting for AB to break out, and now how we're gonna be waiting for Henderson to "break out" instead of looking at results, which really matters. I hardly think trading Stallworth is out of the question. If Payton wants to get rid of him I have no problem with it, whether I like him or not. It's business.
Um, Stallworth has a new QB, A MUCH MUCH MUCH better one, and new coaches working with him now. He was our best receiver last year. It would be dumb as **** to trade him now, without even giving him a chance with a consistent, proven QB and a new staff.


I am a huge Stallworth fan, and Whodi and most of these people are right, that we haven't seen his best yet. Just because a minor incident people wanna throw him away. I say let him have a year with Brees (like Whodi says), than everyone will change their minds.
zachsaints52 is offline  
Old 04-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #25
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 594
Well it's all opinion so no one is right or wrong. However you look at what he's done in his past 4 years in the league and make logical conclusions. He'll be our #2 reciever this year, so barring any injuries to Joe Horn, he won't be putting up better numbers then he did last year. I think it's a huge mistake to expect drastically better numbers from Stallworth this year just because Drew Brees is our QB. I think Horn will be good for 1,200 yards best case scenario, and Stallworth will get about 700. Stallworth is easily replaceable if the coaching staff deems him as such. They may want to get their own players in and I wouldn't have a problem with it.
GoldRush26 is offline  
Old 04-19-2006, 04:14 PM   #26
Nose Digger
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 341
I like Stallworth. I feel he was our best WR last year and he can still improve. He can fly and all we ran was two reverses with him. You put the ball in his hands and he is dangerous. Horn missed passes as much as anybody. Stallworth was actually one of the bright spots on offence last year. He had one less receiving touchown than the rest of our team combined. He had 70 catches and almost 1,000 yds receiving. That's pretty good stats and there is no way a 3rd rounder can produce that. Brees will get him the ball.
Boogro is offline  
Old 04-19-2006, 06:42 PM   #27
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,679
hey goldrush i disagree with your assertion that it is an opinion and therefore it can't be wrong. i have no idea where this idea has come from but let me be the first to tell you that opinions can be wrong. if someone says that the ocean isn't salt water but really fresh water well sir they are wrong. it doesn't matter if that is their opinion or not. if they say that the sun revolves around the earth then they are wrong. it doesn't matter if that is their opinion. opinions can be wrong. this idea plagues our society and i just wonder where in the hell it came from. it is a ridiculous notion. there are things that allow for an opinion one way or the other for the time being. someone could say that vince young will be a great qb in the nfl. that is for sure an opinion. on the reverse someone could say that matt will be a great qb. that is an opinion. 5 years from now though we are going to know which one of those opinions were actually fact. when that happens the other opinion becomes bs. we all have our own opinions and that is true but to say that they can't be wrong is a load of shiiit.

here is one definition of an opinion

belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Lombardi
spkb25 is offline  
Old 04-19-2006, 07:19 PM   #28
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 594
Originally Posted by spkb25
hey goldrush i disagree with your assertion that it is an opinion and therefore it can't be wrong. i have no idea where this idea has come from but let me be the first to tell you that opinions can be wrong. if someone says that the ocean isn't salt water but really fresh water well sir they are wrong. it doesn't matter if that is their opinion or not. if they say that the sun revolves around the earth then they are wrong. it doesn't matter if that is their opinion. opinions can be wrong. this idea plagues our society and i just wonder where in the hell it came from. it is a ridiculous notion. there are things that allow for an opinion one way or the other for the time being. someone could say that vince young will be a great qb in the nfl. that is for sure an opinion. on the reverse someone could say that matt will be a great qb. that is an opinion. 5 years from now though we are going to know which one of those opinions were actually fact. when that happens the other opinion becomes bs. we all have our own opinions and that is true but to say that they can't be wrong is a load of shiiit.

here is one definition of an opinion

belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge
Well if you think that someone saying the ocean isn't salt water is an opinion then you're already lost. That is totally different from anything we are arguing. The ocean is salt water, always has been salt water and always will be salt water, so anyone making a claim that it wasn't would be completely ignorant.

There is a difference between fact and opinion. If someone states something that can be definitively proven or backed up by evidence, then it is a fact. If someone makes a statement that is based on bias or speculation or something else intangible, then it is an opinion. Simple as that. Just because someone's opinion turns out to be somewhat accurate doesn't mean that it's a "fact". If I said that Ryan Leaf was going to be great and he busted does that mean that I was "lying" because I didn't tell the truth? Of course not. Greatness is subjective. Some people would say that Tom Brady is a greater QB then Dan Marino. Dan Marino is far better statistically , but Brady has the Super Bowls. No one would be right and no one would be wrong there, because it's all personal opinon and depends on what that particular person considers "great". If you don't get what i'm saying then i don't know what to tell you.
GoldRush26 is offline  
Old 04-19-2006, 07:34 PM   #29
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,679
when did lying come nto it. no if you said ryan leaf would be a great qb that was you opinion at the time. obviously now though that opinion is wrong. i would agree with your argument between marino and brady as being opinion. only because it can not be proven. which was my point.
spkb25 is offline  
Old 04-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #30
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,679
by the way with this being a team game i would tend to believe that they are both great
spkb25 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts