Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Peter King thinks Bush should get #5

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Thanks mjf....

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2006, 12:44 PM   #11
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Thanks mjf.
saintswhodi is offline  
Latest Blogs
The ArtiChoke Last Blog: 09-18-2014 By: Barry from MS


How to really handle Ray Rice and AP Last Blog: 09-17-2014 By: neugey


The Lost Art of the Trade Last Blog: 08-30-2014 By: jeanpierre


Old 05-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: baton rouge
Posts: 2,540
He may be idoit but if you read the follow up thread you realize he hopes they do not and doesn't think the Saints should leave. Thinking they will, might, or could is different than wanting them to or believing it is a better option.
LKelley67 is offline  
Old 05-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #13
500th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Abingdon, Virginia
Posts: 522
I was honestly gonna suggest # 25, because he will be "5 times better"... Than I realized how lame that was and also realized he wouldn't be human than. During schol today I watched his heisman video, on why he shuold win it. He averaged 10 yards per touch! Thats an amazing number, considering 8.3 YPC and About 35 yards for every TD. I will buy a Bush jersey no matter what, but I would like it to be #5
zachsaints52 is offline  
Old 05-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #14
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,346
..on the other hand, I would prefer Southern Californians forget about Reggie. I don't think it'd be good for New Orleans if the Saints all of the sudden acquire a fans base in SoCal, if you know what I mean.

Here's your #40, Reggie...
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 05-08-2006, 03:55 PM   #15
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mamou, LA.
Posts: 313
Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper
..on the other hand, I would prefer Southern Californians forget about Reggie. I don't think it'd be good for New Orleans if the Saints all of the sudden acquire a fans base in SoCal, if you know what I mean.

Here's your #40, Reggie...
Good point, give him #10 maybe they will think of Vince Young.
saintbuck is offline  
Old 05-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #16
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Leinart's wearing 7 now, I don't think they've forgotten who he is cause of it. I also doubt they will be forgetting Reggie anytime soon, especially not with all the problems USC is having this offseason. Whether Reggie wears 5 or 27, they'll be remembering their boy. But having him wear 5 puts more Saints jerseys out there, which gets us more national exposure, which means more $$$ in Uncle Tom's coiffures crippling him from being able to cry broke and move, especially if he doesn't use the outs he has for the end of this season. Give my man his 5, the more jerseys people buy, the more they are paying for the team to stay. IMO. I can understand the reverse sentiment though.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 05-08-2006, 05:21 PM   #17
The Dark Overlord
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: dirty south
Posts: 3,450
Leinart's wearing 7 now

thats b/c larry fitzgerald is wearing #11
pakowitz is offline  
Old 05-08-2006, 05:48 PM   #18
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,346
Originally Posted by saintswhodi
Leinart's wearing 7 now, I don't think they've forgotten who he is cause of it. I also doubt they will be forgetting Reggie anytime soon, especially not with all the problems USC is having this offseason. Whether Reggie wears 5 or 27, they'll be remembering their boy. But having him wear 5 puts more Saints jerseys out there, which gets us more national exposure, which means more $$$ in Uncle Tom's coiffures crippling him from being able to cry broke and move, especially if he doesn't use the outs he has for the end of this season. Give my man his 5, the more jerseys people buy, the more they are paying for the team to stay. IMO. I can understand the reverse sentiment though.
They'd probably still remember their boy, but I think that a Bush #5 Saints jersey will sell in SoCal, while a, say, #27 Bush jersey will not sell as much. Given the current situation, I'd prefer the NFL not see much interest or support for the Saints in SoCal, being that support the buying of #5 Saints jerseys, or watching on TV.
Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Old 05-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #19
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 516
"The Saints currently don't have a number in the 20s or 30s available for Bush" - Peter King...

This is their best arguement to land Reggie with #5. I think we may have one more # left in that range but I'm sure we'll bring in another safety in the next couple days who'll snatch that # right away. Anyways, this is how Key got #19, the Jets had no numbers in the 80's left. The marketing angle is good but this gives them a previous case where the No Fun League did go away from their current established number system. I hope he gets #5 though, when you think Reggie Bush you think of him as #5. And, I like single digit numbered jerseys more, but I'm going to buy one regardless of his number.
LivnaLieTimay is offline  
Old 05-08-2006, 06:00 PM   #20
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Originally Posted by pakowitz
Leinart's wearing 7 now

thats b/c larry fitzgerald is wearing #11
In the words of Arnold, "Thanx for da tip."

You didn't think I was unaware of that did ya? He's wearing 7, the point stands SoCal people will not forget Leinart cause he is wearing 7 and not 11.
saintswhodi is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts