Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Laron Landry

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; One thing to consider about Landry is that he was recruited as a CB. He was moved to safety because of the injury to Gay in the 2003 season since Sabban felt more comfortable with the veteran Daniels at corner....

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2006, 05:35 PM   #11
Sammich Lover
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 682
One thing to consider about Landry is that he was recruited as a CB. He was moved to safety because of the injury to Gay in the 2003 season since Sabban felt more comfortable with the veteran Daniels at corner.
wheelman is offline  
Old 10-25-2006, 07:02 PM   #12
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 472
Originally Posted by wheelman
One thing to consider about Landry is that he was recruited as a CB. He was moved to safety because of the injury to Gay in the 2003 season since Sabban felt more comfortable with the veteran Daniels at corner.
I think he was always going to be a safety. He was rated as one of the top ones coming out of HS.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=69&p=8&c=1&nid=222624
LSUJeremy is offline  
Old 10-27-2006, 07:49 AM   #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 46
Yea he was originally a safety but they have so much talent that they had to play him somewheres.
XtremeSaint is offline  
Old 10-27-2006, 06:17 PM   #14
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
#1 Meriweather, Miami
#2 Landry, LSU
papz is offline  
Old 10-27-2006, 06:20 PM   #15
Sammich Lover
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 682
Originally Posted by papz
#1 Meriweather, Miami
#2 Landry, LSU
The same guy Joe Addai schooled in the Peach Bowl? I don't think so.
wheelman is offline  
Old 10-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #16
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
It's a team game.
papz is offline  
Old 10-27-2006, 07:38 PM   #17
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,965
Blog Entries: 52
:P I knew I could stir up a hornests nest on this one.
I know whoodi, you never said move up to get him.
I do not think he is worth even considering for what it would take in picks to get him.
As far as the draft goes. The math says we will finsh no worse than the 19th pick in this year draft based on our record. the best we could do is win it all and pick 32. Statistists our on our side. 95% CI for those of you who know Stats. the other 5 % has to do with a complete melt down and the superbowl. I just had throw the superbowl winner pick in because that is were we want to go.
Still he is 2-3 years away from being a solid starting nfl player.
Got to poke that nest one more time
hagan714 is offline  
Old 10-27-2006, 08:25 PM   #18
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 472
Originally Posted by papz
#1 Meriweather, Miami
#2 Landry, LSU
In every article I've seen about next years draft class Landry is always number one, and that was before the Miami brawl.

With Meriweather on tape stomping on the FIU player you can bet his draft stock has dropped.
LSUJeremy is offline  
Old 10-27-2006, 08:34 PM   #19
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Landry is the best safety in the country. Period. Zbkowski is close cause he adds the dimension of returning kicks, but Landry can play either safety position and excel.
I knew I could stir up a hornests nest on this one.
I know whoodi, you never said move up to get him.
I do not think he is worth even considering for what it would take in picks to get him.
You stir up a Hornet's nest by making things up? At any rate, if we did pick 19, or anywhere after that, and Landry is on the board, it's a good choice. As far as you saying he is not NFL ready, that's making stuff up again to start some crap. Try harder.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 10-27-2006, 08:58 PM   #20
PorkchopExpress
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 608
Blog Entries: 2
One of Landry's biggest things he has going for him is that he is the most NFL ready of all the DB's with maybe the exception of Leon Hall. He has played in complex, NFL style defenses and he is going to make an impact somewhat along the lines of Polamalu...i think he is going to be a stud from day one.
Bobaganoosh is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts