Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

When did Henderson learn to catch?????

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; My issue with henderson has nothing to do with his ability to catch, it has to do with his ability to stay on the field. I like the guy, I just don't want to see him become a Stallworth Jr....

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #11
ChocolateMilk Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South Berwick, ME
Posts: 357
My issue with henderson has nothing to do with his ability to catch, it has to do with his ability to stay on the field. I like the guy, I just don't want to see him become a Stallworth Jr.
maximkat is offline  
Old 11-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #12
Breakin Records
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Deville, Louisiana
Posts: 1,644
Re: When did Henderson learn to catch?????

Originally Posted by mighty12
Yeah that is all I want to know.
When Stallworth got traded....
AllSaints is offline  
Old 11-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #13
100th Post
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 190
Re: When did Henderson learn to catch?????

Originally Posted by smyce
Originally Posted by mighty12
When did Henderson learn to catch?????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GP2QGA3kto
RIGHT ON
along is offline  
Old 11-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #14
Part Time Pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,966
Re: RE: Re: When did Henderson learn to catch?????

Originally Posted by smyce
He was a hell of a compliment reciever at LSU playing next to Michael Clayton. I'm sure the Saints drafted him in the 2nd round because he "couldn't catch".
They drafted him because he had world class speed. He was to be a project player because of that speed.

Henderson did very well playing for the Tigers, he caught a lot of passes, what makes you say he "couldn't catch at LSU either"?
I'll say it......the boy couldn't catch a cold when he was at LSU. I threw my hat down many a day at the games when Devery dropped pass after catchable pass. I will say this though.....the guy has shown alot of improvement this year. I've seen him catch alot of balls that he would have dropped in the past. I'm impressed at his progression. I credit the coaching staff & Devery accordingly for this. As for Colston......well, I think you all know how I feel about his abilities.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...gs/12-3006.jpg

______________________________
KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!
-G.I. Joe
gandhi1007 is offline  
Old 11-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #15
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 472
Re: RE: Re: When did Henderson learn to catch?????

Originally Posted by gandhi1007
Originally Posted by smyce
He was a hell of a compliment reciever at LSU playing next to Michael Clayton. I'm sure the Saints drafted him in the 2nd round because he "couldn't catch".
They drafted him because he had world class speed. He was to be a project player because of that speed.

Henderson did very well playing for the Tigers, he caught a lot of passes, what makes you say he "couldn't catch at LSU either"?
I'll say it......the boy couldn't catch a cold when he was at LSU. I threw my hat down many a day at the games when Devery dropped pass after catchable pass. I will say this though.....the guy has shown alot of improvement this year. I've seen him catch alot of balls that he would have dropped in the past. I'm impressed at his progression. I credit the coaching staff & Devery accordingly for this. As for Colston......well, I think you all know how I feel about his abilities.
Yep. I'd always get nervous when a ball was heading his way at LSU.

I think we have to credit Curtis Johnson. The guy was a thorn in LSU's side for many years recruiting Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne, and just about any other LA player that went to Miami for a long time. Johnson had a lot of talent to work with at Miami, but he contributed to putting a lot of those WR's in the NFL, and a lot of them 1st rd picks. I think he has to get a lot of credit for our WR play this year.
LSUJeremy is offline  
Old 11-05-2006, 08:59 PM   #16
Ill-tempered Texan
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pascagoula, MS
Posts: 228
RE: Re: RE: Re: When did Henderson learn to catch?????

I think a lot of it has to do with him having to face consequences for his actions. Payton's not going to coddle and baby players like Haslett did. Payton benched him and he responded very well. Hope he keeps it up...Horn, Colston, and Henderson makes for a scary 3-WR set.
Brann is offline  
Old 11-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #17
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 96
RE: Re: RE: Re: When did Henderson learn to catch?????

hold on henderson got benched for what? I didn't hear bout that i thought he was injured or something
NO_SAINTSinMD is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 12:16 AM   #18
Mmm That Smell!
 
Join Date: Oct 1998
Location: Bucktown Brah!
Posts: 2,378
I think a lot of it has to do with him having to face consequences for his actions. Payton's not going to coddle and baby players like Haslett did. Payton benched him and he responded very well. Hope he keeps it up...
True.
Notice today that Lewis was doing well returning punts until he muffed one.
Did you see him after that?
Nope.
Payton is a Results Oriented leader.
I Dig It!
RockyMountainSaint is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 01:21 AM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 1,888
Good point Rocky. Beerman was having a pretty good day, then he drops one and Payton sits him. Payton dosen't play games. He expects the best from his players and if they don't respond, he puts them on the pine.

Devery had a great game. The guy is coming around. Congrats to the man. And yes, Brees throws a perfect touch pass.
jnormand is offline  
Old 11-06-2006, 01:41 AM   #20
Ill-tempered Texan
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pascagoula, MS
Posts: 228
You don't sit for four straight games with a bruised shoulder. He was in Payton's doghouse for some reason, but with the show he put on today, you can't help but think that he's earned his #3 spot back again. I was impressed with how everyone stepped up in Hollywood's absence. Even Copper did well. That busted play that he turned into a first down was great.
Brann is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts