this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Top Undrafted Prospects (NFLDraftCountdown.com) 1. Kenny Scott, CB, Georgia Tech 2. Rhema McKnight, WR, Notre Dame 3. Darius Walker, RB, Notre Dame 4. DeAndre Jackson, CB, Iowa St. 5. Anthony Arline, CB, Baylor 6. Rory Johnson, OLB, Ole Miss 7. ...
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|04-29-2007, 11:46 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2006
Top Undrafted Prospects (NFLDraftCountdown.com)
1. Kenny Scott, CB, Georgia Tech
2. Rhema McKnight, WR, Notre Dame
3. Darius Walker, RB, Notre Dame
4. DeAndre Jackson, CB, Iowa St.
5. Anthony Arline, CB, Baylor
6. Rory Johnson, OLB, Ole Miss
7. Earl Everett, OLB, Florida
8. Julius Wilson, OT, U.A.B.
9. Nate Harris, ILB, Louisville
10. Travarous Bain, CB, Hampton
11. Joe Newton, TE, Oregon St.
12. Dan Mozes, C, West Virginia
13. Tyler Palko, QB, Pittsburgh
14. Tony Taylor, OLB, Georgia
15. Victor DeGrate, DE, Oklahoma St.
16. Xzavie Jackson, DE, Missouri
17. Tim Mixon, CB, California
18. Juwan Simpson, OLB, Alabama
19. KaMichael Hall, OLB, Georgia Tech
20. Chris Leak, QB, Florida
21. Jared Zabransky, QB, Boise St.
22. Chase Johnson, OT, Wyoming
23. Jesse Daniels, S, L.S.U.
24. Tim Duckworth, OG, Auburn
25. Tala Esera, OG, Hawai
26. Jemalle Cornelius, WR, Florida
27. Jon Abbate, ILB, Wake Forest
28. Scott Stephenson, C, Iowa St.
29. Brandon Myles, WR, West Virginia
30. Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas College
31. Selvin Young, RB, Texas
32. Cody Boyd, TE, Washington St.
33. Cory Anderson, FB, Tennessee
34. Melvin Bullitt, S, Texas A&M
35. Elliot Vallejo, OT, Cal-Davis
36. Enoka Lucas, C, Oregon
37. Mike Jones, OG, Iowa
38. Jackie Battle, FB, Houston
39. Mkristo Bruce, DE, Washington St.
40. Nick Roach, OLB, Northwestern
41. Toby Korrodi, QB, Central Missouri
42. Justin Hickman, DE, U.C.L.A.
43. Jerard Rabb, WR, Boise St.
44. Gijon Robinson, TE, Missouri Western
45. Dane Uperesa, OT, Hawaii
46. Bo Smith, CB, Weber St.
47. Patrick Ghee, S, Wake Forest
48. Craig Dahl, S, North Dakota St.
49. David Patterson, DT, Ohio St.
50. David Ball, WR, New Hampshire
2017 NFL Draft: Will Jabrill Peppers really drop to the Saints? Last Blog: 01-11-2017 By: hagan714
Saints: SP needs a streaker and a toy to make Cooks happy Last Blog: 12-12-2016 By: hagan714
|04-30-2007, 09:46 AM||#3|
Join Date: Apr 2007
I'd love to see us bring in Tony Taylor for a workout -- of course my name gives away my bias here. I'm guessing the knock on Taylor was size, but he's an experienced guy who played two LB positions in the toughest conference in college football. He hits, wraps, and strips. At worst, he can make a living in the NFL in run situations.
And despite my loathing for all things GA Tech, I wouldn't mind seeing what Kenny Scott was all about. Spending a few years practicing against Calvin Johnson can't be a bad thing.
|04-30-2007, 10:09 AM||#4|
1000 Posts +
Join Date: Apr 2005
|04-30-2007, 10:12 AM||#5|
1000 Posts +
Join Date: Apr 2005
I personally would love to see us give Abbate, Duckworth, and Dan Mozes a shot. Abbate is a great football player. What he lacks on measurables, he makes up for with tenacity. Seriously, the guy is a beast, he reminds me of Zach Thomas. Duckworth was a pretty good player at Auburn, and I think he would add nice depth at OG. And Mozes, IMO was one of the best centers in the country last year. If I remember correctly, the knock on him is that he is undersized, but I don't really care if the guy can play. Besides, we're pretty thin at OC, who's after Faine? We should give him a workout.
|04-30-2007, 10:54 AM||#6|
1000 Posts +
Join Date: Sep 2003
There are several quality players out there that would be worth bringing to camp to see if they fit what we're doing.
Joe Newton - TE - Oregon St, I'd like to see him go to camp, he might be able to get a roster spot.
Travarous Bain - CB - Hampton, tall, fast, boom or bust type and he shouldn't cost much.
Quinton Echols - DT - Kansas St, giant, space eating, run stopping DT. The knock on him is that he doesn't condition well and wears down by the 4th quarter. If he could make the roster, he might be a nice guy to have as a reliever to Hollis.
Zach Latimer - ILB - Oklahoma, has good tools, not getting drafted gives him something to prove, might be nice for depth.
Mark Zalewski - LB - Wisconsin, leadership, hard worker, good size, productive, might be a Payton kind of guy.
Matt Trannon - WR/Hback - Michigan St, 6'6", comes from a basketball background, maybe a practice squad candidate?
|04-30-2007, 11:41 AM||#7|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Deep South
I still think we should talk to Rory Johnson out of Ole Miss. He didn't start until mid-season last year and still had 97 tackles. Had he made the grades to stay in school and return for his senior year, we would have been another Patrick Willis. I know the scouts had his listed as "bust or superstar" but why not bring him in as a free agent and see?