New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   this may have been our bear killer last yr........... (http://blackandgold.com/saints/16436-may-have-been-our-bear-killer-last-yr.html)

ssmitty 06-28-2007 06:26 PM

this may have been our bear killer last yr...........
 
http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregis...890.xml&coll=3

TheDeuce 06-28-2007 07:55 PM

I don't know about you ssmitty, but I'm hoping to see Harper and KK back there together this year. I think that would be a sick nasty combination.

saintsfan1976 06-29-2007 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDeuce (Post 132846)
a sick nasty combination.

I expect to hear that over and over this season!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

avlsaint55 06-29-2007 09:29 AM

bear killer
 
Harper and KK will be "BEAST" in our secondary. This defense will surprise a lot of people this season.:cool:

Nemesis 06-29-2007 10:12 AM

David will be another nice addition. 3 more ballhawks in the secondary should improve our odds. The O having a short field from turnovers would spell doom for some opponents, forcing them into playing catch up.That's when the DL tees off. Predator is a solid CB, and Thomas can handle nickle duties just fine. I must credit the FO for doing everything possible to fill in missing pieces.

Speaking of Ds teeing off, I felt Deuce would've been the Bear killer. We played into the Bears' hands by being impatient with the run. When facing elite Ds, sometimes it's best to just hammer away, then utilize the art of surprise. Nothing wrong with 3 yrds and a cloud of dust. That wears down Ds, and I pity any secondary players scrapping with Deuce.

A battered secondary would be vunerable for the sudden deep pass. After a couple series of plugging away, come back out tossing it around. We didn't keep them guessing, as is Payton's usual mantra. Lovie isn't the one to line up and force your will upon.

Danno 06-29-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 132866)
David will be another nice addition. 3 more ballhawks in the secondary should improve our odds. The O having a short field from turnovers would spell doom for some opponents, forcing them into playing catch up.That's when the DL tees off. Predator is a solid CB, and Thomas can handle nickle duties just fine. I must credit the FO for doing everything possible to fill in missing pieces.

Speaking of Ds teeing off, I felt Deuce would've been the Bear killer. We played into the Bears' hands by being impatient with the run. When facing elite Ds, sometimes it's best to just hammer away, then utilize the art of surprise. Nothing wrong with 3 yrds and a cloud of dust. That wears down Ds, and I pity any secondary players scrapping with Deuce.

A battered secondary would be vunerable for the sudden deep pass. After a couple series of plugging away, come back out tossing it around. We didn't keep them guessing, as is Payton's usual mantra. Lovie isn't the one to line up and force your will upon.

And we forget, coming out of Nebraska, Josh Bullocks was considered a ball hawk. If he can step it up after his sophomore slump, this secondary has the potential to be a pick machine, especially with the hopefully improved CB play.

DeadmaN 06-29-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avlsaint55 (Post 132863)
Harper and KK will be "BEAST" in our secondary. This defense will surprise a lot of people this season.:cool:

I agree but lets see how it plays out.
I personaly hate making predictions about the up and coming season

because the second I think we are going to be unstoppableā€¦
well,,,
it all goes south if you know what I mean. :confused:

Nemesis 06-29-2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 132867)
And we forget, coming out of Nebraska, Josh Bullocks was considered a ball hawk. If he can step it up after his sophomore slump, this secondary has the potential to be a pick machine, especially with the hopefully improved CB play.

I'm honestly hearing Bullock's stock is falling, but we'll see what he does with his reps during games.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com