Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Rumor: Tank Johnson to the Saints

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Wow, many pages and no good reason to sign Tank, outside of "mayne he's changed now." Dude mentions Brees and Payton in the same breath with Tank, but follows it with "save the but they didn't committ a crime" line. ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2007, 07:36 AM   #41
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
Wow, many pages and no good reason to sign Tank, outside of "mayne he's changed now." Dude mentions Brees and Payton in the same breath with Tank, but follows it with "save the but they didn't committ a crime" line. The most important point should be irrelevant so we can sign Dirty Harry Johnson. Didn't his bodyguard get killed while in his employ? Lordy, pass already.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 07:47 AM   #42
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,879
my question would be, where did this rumor come from? i mean, are the saints really interested, are is someone else just spectulating? can anyone confirm the saints said they are interested?
ssmitty is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:10 AM   #43
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,941
It came from John Clayton. New Orleans needs a DT, Tank got cut.
saintswhodi is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #44
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Williamsburg, VA (aka Southern Canada)
Posts: 1,689
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
There is no "luck" involved, and this is along the lines of things I find annoying. Close is irrelevant. People are either found guilty, or not. Why reach, speculate, scrutinize, and nitpick. Bottom line is that he could not be convicted of an additional crime, so move on. I've read no report of erratic driving and behavior, slurred speech, or anything besides doing an ungodly 40 mph in a 20 that would even attract attention. Besides, a 300+ pound man usually has a higher alcohol tolerance.
Why was luck not involved? Do you understand how hard it would be for you or me to go out drinking and stop that close to the legal limit without being over? The man had no idea he was that close and could not have known that he wasn't over the limit. He was just plain lucky that he wasn't over.

Close is not irrelevant. This is what I am finding annoying about sentiments such as yours. Whether he can be convicted of a crime or not is irrelevant. The fact is that he has put himself in a position (once again) to get arrested. He was out late while drinking and speeding. This is all evidence that he was not making a lifestyle change away from the things that have gotten him in trouble. Goodell has already made it clear that convictions are not a required event that will lead to suspension. Tank was arrested, wasn't he? That is yet another arrest during his NFL career. I know that not everyone arrested is guilty, but if you're being arrested as often as Tank, there's a problem.

Also, that Tank probably has a higher tolerance being a 300 lb man does not help your point. That is likely true, but all it really means that he drank enough for a 200 or 250 lb person to be legally intoxicated. Regardless of how his tolerance is, he drank himself that close to the legal limit and then got in a vehicle, which was dumb enough, then decided to speed while driving the vehicle. That's just stupid.

Last edited by ScottyRo; 07-04-2007 at 09:00 AM..
ScottyRo is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #45
VIP~~Drunken Clam
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quahog
Posts: 422
Originally Posted by saintswhodi View Post
Wow, many pages and no good reason to sign Tank, outside of "mayne he's changed now." Dude mentions Brees and Payton in the same breath with Tank, but follows it with "save the but they didn't committ a crime" line. The most important point should be irrelevant so we can sign Dirty Harry Johnson. Didn't his bodyguard get killed while in his employ? Lordy, pass already.
Why does it seem my quotes are so frequently reprocessed and hurled back at me from the same two people? Get your own material. Why should I keep listing reasons to sign Tank, after THREE threads about him? You pass. I'lll give him a chance.
Nemesis is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 12:01 PM   #46
VIP~~Drunken Clam
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quahog
Posts: 422
Originally Posted by ScottyRo View Post
Why was luck not involved? Do you understand how hard it would be for you or me to go out drinking and stop that close to the legal limit without being over? The man had no idea he was that close and could not have known that he wasn't over the limit. He was just plain lucky that he wasn't over.

Close is not irrelevant. This is what I am finding annoying about sentiments such as yours. Whether he can be convicted of a crime or not is irrelevant. The fact is that he has put himself in a position (once again) to get arrested. He was out late while drinking and speeding. This is all evidence that he was not making a lifestyle change away from the things that have gotten him in trouble. Goodell has already made it clear that convictions are not a required event that will lead to suspension. Tank was arrested, wasn't he? That is yet another arrest during his NFL career. I know that not everyone arrested is guilty, but if you're being arrested as often as Tank, there's a problem.

Also, that Tank probably has a higher tolerance being a 300 lb man does not help your point. That is likely true, but all it really means that he drank enough for a 200 or 250 lb person to be legally intoxicated. Regardless of how his tolerance is, he drank himself that close to the legal limit and then got in a vehicle, which was dumb enough, then decided to speed while driving the vehicle. That's just stupid.
Show me his exact blood alcohol content, and we'll go from there. "Drinking and speeding" probably translates up to a couple beers or one shot, then doing 40 in a 20. Not advisable considering his circumstances, (actually, anyones) but not an unforgivable crime. No, I don't believe in luck. I believe in alcohol content, and the law.
Nemesis is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 12:14 PM   #47
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,296
Blog Entries: 5
Some people just have motives and agenda's. If you read other treads you can figure out the motives and agendas some of them have.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #48
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,296
Blog Entries: 5
Close doesn't count except in Horse-shoes and handgranades.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #49
VIP~~Drunken Clam
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Quahog
Posts: 422
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Some people just have motives and agenda's. If you read other treads you can figure out the motives and agendas some of them have.
I'm painfully aware of that. My thing is I've listed reasons in 3 threads to sign Tank. Still, I get a "Ive seen no good reason to sign Tank." That's when those agendas start to border on sheer folly. That smiley used, and referring to him as Dirty Harry, etc makes agendas glare. Hell, I've seen no good reason to shun him. Like I said.... BB signed Moss, so who are we?
Nemesis is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #50
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,879
Originally Posted by saintswhodi View Post
It came from John Clayton. New Orleans needs a DT, Tank got cut.
so then, it's just a rumor from clayton and has nothing more, right?

if so, what does everyone think about vick coming to n.o.?
ssmitty is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts