Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints Top 10 Plays Of '06-'07

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; That video was great. Now to the right of it you see the one about ROMAN HARPER, can't wait to see him healthy again....

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 66
That video was great. Now to the right of it you see the one about ROMAN HARPER, can't wait to see him healthy again.
saintsfan1203 is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,914
Well I don't think I'm really going to miss Joe Horn's 4 games a year. But he did make some nice plays when he actually played. But I agree with other comments here, not enough Deuce.

You know what play I wanted to see the most and it didn't even make the top 10? Deuce's long run against the Bucs where he juked a couple of guys and then manhandled Ronde Barber, I mean he basically picked him up with one arm while running full speed and body slammed him, and then kept going. That run was the quintessential Deuce McAllister run: elusiveness at the line to dodge some defenders, enough strength to make a grown ass man his bi***, and then the deceptive speed to run away from guys in the secondary. That definitely should have been in there. Here's the link if you'd like to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9JlaveUsUI
TheDeuce is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #13
Pink Nightmare
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 3,015
Blog Entries: 7
My favorite Deuce play was him carrying defenders into the endzone. Can't remember the game but it was later in the year.

Tough, Tough, TOUGH spells Deuce.
SapperSaint is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,914
I think you're talking about the playoff game against the Eagles. Here's the link: http://nfl.com/video/2006/19
TheDeuce is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
Pink Nightmare
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 3,015
Blog Entries: 7
Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
I think you're talking about the playoff game against the Eagles. Here's the link: http://nfl.com/video/2006/19
That was it D. Thanks for the link.
SapperSaint is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #16
Saints Junky
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Metairie Originally now a Houston transplant
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by phatoosdey View Post
no deuce in top ten?? sounds like we need to get him the ball more
Agreed!!!!

but it was one hell of a video
put a huge smile on my face
thanks
DeadmaN is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #17
Boondock Saint
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: F***ing Atlanta
Posts: 302
Originally Posted by DeadmaN View Post
Agreed!!!!

but it was one hell of a video
put a huge smile on my face
thanks


Still to me nothing shows who Deuce is more than the play against the Falcons. I think two years ago. The Saints were at around the 15 or so and handoff to Deuce up the middle. Some fool tries to stop Deuce and he just puts his head down, bowls him over and into the end zone he goes.

On a side note, ESPN showed that play on Sportscenter over and over agin all year that year. I started to feel bad for the guy from the Falcons. Then I realised he played for the Falcons and he deserved it.
WhoDatQB is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 05:05 PM   #18
Hu Dat!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,406
Blog Entries: 5
The Devery Henderson reverse vs the Falcons belongs in my top 10 - easy.
neugey is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #19
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 973
Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
Well I don't think I'm really going to miss Joe Horn's 4 games a year. But he did make some nice plays when he actually played. But I agree with other comments here, not enough Deuce.

You know what play I wanted to see the most and it didn't even make the top 10? Deuce's long run against the Bucs where he juked a couple of guys and then manhandled Ronde Barber, I mean he basically picked him up with one arm while running full speed and body slammed him, and then kept going. That run was the quintessential Deuce McAllister run: elusiveness at the line to dodge some defenders, enough strength to make a grown ass man his bi***, and then the deceptive speed to run away from guys in the secondary. That definitely should have been in there. Here's the link if you'd like to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9JlaveUsUI
I was thinking of the same play and wondered why it didn't make the list. That play rocked!!
FatiusJeebs is offline  
Old 07-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #20
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,914
Originally Posted by WhoDatQB View Post
Still to me nothing shows who Deuce is more than the play against the Falcons. I think two years ago. The Saints were at around the 15 or so and handoff to Deuce up the middle. Some fool tries to stop Deuce and he just puts his head down, bowls him over and into the end zone he goes.

On a side note, ESPN showed that play on Sportscenter over and over agin all year that year. I started to feel bad for the guy from the Falcons. Then I realised he played for the Falcons and he deserved it.
That guy was Keion Carpenter. See ya Keion.
TheDeuce is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts