Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Euphoria No I can argue the point they were not that good they got by and Brees and company made them look better than they were at times. Match that line against decent defenses last year they ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 87
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
No I can argue the point they were not that good they got by and Brees and company made them look better than they were at times. Match that line against decent defenses last year they were not nor looked good at all. 10-6 is good but not that good and a fluke year, over-acheieved at best. The flaws were there they just looked good stat-wise but the flaws were there. Good O-lines will battle and look good no matter what. They will keep you in the toughest of games... that did not happen last year. The tough games they folded like paper.

People have had an entire off-season looking at how to beat the Saints and now everyone follows the others in game planning against us.
Actually you're completely wrong. The O-line was one of the best last year. Just because Brees got sacked a couple times by a good DE or LB doesn't mean they were terrible. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, but you gotta promise not to tell anyone...(Peyton Manning and Tom Brady get sacked sometimes too). To say that they didn't look good last year is ignorant. To say that Brees and everyone else made the O-line look good is ignorant. To say that a 10-6 year was a fluke year is ignorant. We were the second best team in the NFC last year because we earned it. Get a clue before you start comoing on here with all this crap.
Dan the Man is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 09:31 PM   #12
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5,397
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
We got lucky and the ball bounced in our favor is all.
Really??

[/QUOTE]
I don't care what we have to do but we need to free up money and get draft picks. We need to get Glenn Dorsey! We need to get a new D coach, change the D and coach them up and play more disiplined football. Our D shouldn't give up 30 points a game NEVER. I dont' care if we fumble 10 times a game at the 10 yard line we need a hardcore D and badass OL.[/QUOTE]

A little over the top even for you Euph....
saintsfan1976 is online now  
Old 09-25-2007, 09:40 PM   #13
OldiesDJ
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Scott, LA
Posts: 951
Blog Entries: 12
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Look, I was born in '85 and been a Saints fan since I could actually watch and contemplate football. No, I'm no stranger to the huge disappointment this team has been. I've been there for all my years... with all my love.

But, this is, by far, the hardest blow I've ever been dealt from this team. You know, I wasn't even positive that we'd match what we did last season. However, I never - EVER thought things would fall apart like this.

I didn't even go to my classes today because I was too depressed.

Season Ticket Holder Since 2005
BoudinSandwich is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #14
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,343
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Actually you're completely wrong. The O-line was one of the best last year. Just because Brees got sacked a couple times by a good DE or LB doesn't mean they were terrible. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, but you gotta promise not to tell anyone...(Peyton Manning and Tom Brady get sacked sometimes too). To say that they didn't look good last year is ignorant. To say that Brees and everyone else made the O-line look good is ignorant. To say that a 10-6 year was a fluke year is ignorant. We were the second best team in the NFC last year because we earned it. Get a clue before you start comoing on here with all this crap.
IGNORANT??? why don't you prove to me they are good??? PROVE IT I dare you... oh wait 0-3 I win, you lose. have a sandwich.

What is ignorant is people like who live in a fantasy land all the time and fail to see the same problem I have been preaching for years. Manning - Brady, whomever they have lines that win... I could careless they get sacked from time to time but year in and year out where the hell are they??? IN THE PLAYOFFS. Get a clue.

Before you say anything else stupid and ignorant why don't you learn the game of football and then come talk to me.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #15
"Real Talk"
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 148
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Everybody is so touchy...Relax. Ok...the O-line and D-Line suck....OK!

It's funny (sad) to me when fans accuse another fan of being a bandwagoner. It don't matter to me when someone started being a saints fans (the more the merrier). We all have suffered through the pain of being a fan...so to the new guys....Welcome to our misery!!

It makes me (or nobody else) better just because I've been rooting for my home team longer than someone else.

We lose 3 games to start the season and we start calling each other ignorant, and claiming that we are better fans than someone else...thats childish...to me. These are the kinds of things that "Loosers" do. We are not loosers...our club is just playing bad football right now. We still have a chance at the division.

So if it makes you feel better to call folks bandwagoners (which I guess makes you a better fan) ENJOY!

In my opinion it just brings a negative, non-inclusive, argumentative energy to blackandgold.

But like I say...whatever makes you feel better.

The best conerback tandem in the league reside in the N.O.
cadilacin is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #16
SoCal Saint
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: OB - San Diego, CA
Posts: 725
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

so hostile...why?
Turbo Saint is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #17
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,343
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

OMG... I can't believe you are taking the high-road for a change.

The thread was just a mere funny and pathetic one not calling anyone Bandwagon.

I do agree when someone who wants to call someone ignorant for there obvious correct opinion that last year so far appears to be a fluke and pointing out the obvious that our lines are horrible.

WTF. I been here for years and haven't been attacked like this.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #18
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,224
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

holding down the fort in CT WHO DAT
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #19
"Real Talk"
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 148
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
OMG... I can't believe you are taking the high-road for a change.

The thread was just a mere funny and pathetic one not calling anyone Bandwagon.

I do agree when someone who wants to call someone ignorant for there obvious correct opinion that last year so far appears to be a fluke and pointing out the obvious that our lines are horrible.

WTF. I been here for years and haven't been attacked like this.
Euph...I gotta mess with ya.
cadilacin is offline  
Old 09-25-2007, 11:03 PM   #20
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,343
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Originally Posted by cadilacin View Post
Euph...I gotta mess with ya.
I know... you're alright. I can appreciate differences and put them aside but calling someone names it just not cool here.
Euphoria is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts