Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Reggie Bush

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Donuts32 Who dropped the ball 2-3 time costing us the game. Can anyone answer that question. Devery, Colston, Reggie, Copper, Moore, and Johnson...just to name a few....

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 01:40 PM   #31
Pink Nightmare
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 3,015
Blog Entries: 7
Re: Reggie Bush

Originally Posted by Donuts32 View Post
Who dropped the ball 2-3 time costing us the game. Can anyone answer that question.
Devery, Colston, Reggie, Copper, Moore, and Johnson...just to name a few.
SapperSaint is offline  
Old 10-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #32
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,954
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Reggie Bush

Originally Posted by Donuts32 View Post
Euphoria what in the blue hell are u talking about. He can be a feature back if they open holes for him. He had a 100yd game against the Giants. LenDale white is just a fat ass guy who has good blockers.
NO he can't... why... because he never was. Thats like asking Brees ok you play our feature RB. He wasn't the feature back against the Giants that day.

Whats your point about LenDale??? go back and read my previous post.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 10-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #33
Prediction Pain
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,082
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Reggie Bush

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
NO he can't... why... because he never was. Thats like asking Brees ok you play our feature RB. He wasn't the feature back against the Giants that day.

Whats your point about LenDale??? go back and read my previous post.
Reggie Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Bush had an excellent 2005 season, as he was a unanimous All-American first-team pick and the winner of the Heisman Memorial Trophy. He was named the Associated Press 2005 Player of the Year, Pigskin Club of Washington D.C. Offensive Player of the Year, Touchdown Club of Columbus Player of the Year and was the recipient of the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award and Doak Walker Award (nation's best running back). He led the nation with an average of 222.3 all-purpose yards per game. and finished fourth in the NCAA Division 1-A ranks with an average of 133.85 yards per game rushing. "

Pretty impressive for a non-feature back.

2005 Rushing Stats:

Lendale - 197 Carries for 1,302
Reggie - 200 for 1,740

First off, your argument that Reggie can't be a feature back because he has never been one makes almost as little sense as your claim that your proximity to USC makes you an authority on the matter. Give us some points that actually back up your claim like "he's too small" or "he dances around too much", or better yet, give some thoughts about how he could develop into a feature back.

I think Reggie can definitely be a feature back. I do think he needs a power back to complement him, but that in no way means he can't take the bulk of the carries (see Westbrook/Buckhalter). I also think he has some bad tendencies that he needs to address/is addressing. He needs to find the balance between being patient and hitting the hole. Having better blocking and a more effective passing game would go a long way to help Reggie realize his potential as well. I am not ready label a kid who has scored 11 TDs in 1 1/4 seasons a bust.

"defence's personal to allwats double team or watch is over, that one reason why the saints or not any good." - Vador101
WhoDat205 is offline  
Old 10-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #34
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CRYSTAL BEACH TEXAS
Posts: 4,100
Re: Reggie Bush

To say Reggie Bush can never be a feature running back because he never has been one just isn't true. There might be another reason (I can't think of one right now but) That's not a very good one. It's like saying I can never be a sumo wrestler because I never have been one. If I have the talent and brain to do it and the time to learn it, even I could do it. You give Reggie enough time and I think (IMHO) he can make it. There are many others that have pulled it off. So give me another reason. To me, that one is very weak.

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt!!!!!

"Every time you think, you weaken the nation!" Moe Howard...The Three Stooges.
JOESAM2002 is offline  
Old 10-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #35
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,954
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Reggie Bush

Originally Posted by WhoDat205 View Post
Reggie Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Bush had an excellent 2005 season, as he was a unanimous All-American first-team pick and the winner of the Heisman Memorial Trophy. He was named the Associated Press 2005 Player of the Year, Pigskin Club of Washington D.C. Offensive Player of the Year, Touchdown Club of Columbus Player of the Year and was the recipient of the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award and Doak Walker Award (nation's best running back). He led the nation with an average of 222.3 all-purpose yards per game. and finished fourth in the NCAA Division 1-A ranks with an average of 133.85 yards per game rushing. "

Pretty impressive for a non-feature back.

2005 Rushing Stats:

Lendale - 197 Carries for 1,302
Reggie - 200 for 1,740

First off, your argument that Reggie can't be a feature back because he has never been one makes almost as little sense as your claim that your proximity to USC makes you an authority on the matter. Give us some points that actually back up your claim like "he's too small" or "he dances around too much", or better yet, give some thoughts about how he could develop into a feature back.

I think Reggie can definitely be a feature back. I do think he needs a power back to complement him, but that in no way means he can't take the bulk of the carries (see Westbrook/Buckhalter). I also think he has some bad tendencies that he needs to address/is addressing. He needs to find the balance between being patient and hitting the hole. Having better blocking and a more effective passing game would go a long way to help Reggie realize his potential as well. I am not ready label a kid who has scored 11 TDs in 1 1/4 seasons a bust.

First of all don't make the mistake that I have called Reggie Bush a bust. I have never said that!

Second of all thanks for posting off of the numbers which only proves my point that he wasn't the feature back at USC. It poves there numbers were close and shared.

Thanks again for proving my point.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 10-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #36
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,954
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Reggie Bush

Originally Posted by JOESAM2002 View Post
To say Reggie Bush can never be a feature running back because he never has been one just isn't true. There might be another reason (I can't think of one right now but) That's not a very good one. It's like saying I can never be a sumo wrestler because I never have been one. If I have the talent and brain to do it and the time to learn it, even I could do it. You give Reggie enough time and I think (IMHO) he can make it. There are many others that have pulled it off. So give me another reason. To me, that one is very weak.

The statement is true he hasn't been one. Nor is there any proof to show he can be one... there is however evidence that he will never be one.

If you want to consider the reason weak that is fine but its a reason none the less. There is no reasoning for saying he is and will be when he in fact has never been a feature back.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 10-09-2007, 06:00 PM   #37
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CRYSTAL BEACH TEXAS
Posts: 4,100
Re: Reggie Bush

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
The statement is true he hasn't been one. Nor is there any proof to show he can be one... there is however evidence that he will never be one.

If you want to consider the reason weak that is fine but its a reason none the less. There is no reasoning for saying he is and will be when he in fact has never been a feature back.
Just as to me there is no reason to think that he won't be. Show me an example of where he proved he never will be. It can't be done in one game. If you think it can, i'm sure glad you're not the coach. Seems to me you have to give a guy a chance. Maybe to you you don't but in management that kind of thinking wouldn't last very long.

End of my discussing this subject. I prefer to at least try to keep some kind of positive outlook. It's hard but it can be done.

P.S. I never said he had been an every down feature back.

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt!!!!!

"Every time you think, you weaken the nation!" Moe Howard...The Three Stooges.
JOESAM2002 is offline  
Old 10-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #38
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 758
Re: Reggie Bush

I think Reggie has the potential to be very, very, very dangerous - when he learns to run straight up through a seam like Westbrook. Westbrook had to learn as well, so it's not like Reggie's vision is all it's ever going to be. He just needs some more experience with the NFL, how to spot good seams, and to run to them with his 4.3 speed. He'll be fine, just have some patience.
WillMacKenzie is offline  
Old 10-09-2007, 07:04 PM   #39
Prediction Pain
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,082
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Reggie Bush

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
First of all don't make the mistake that I have called Reggie Bush a bust. I have never said that!

Second of all thanks for posting off of the numbers which only proves my point that he wasn't the feature back at USC. It poves there numbers were close and shared.

Thanks again for proving my point.
I never said you called bush a bust. I said I was not ready to call him a bust. However, you did say:

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
He was just the sports car on a very good, very talented team that let him out of the garage to return kicks and do some jukes moves and razle dazle the crowd. He was NOT nor WAS he EVER the go to guy at USC.
Reggie had more carries and more yards than anyone on the team and we haven't even mentioned him as a reciever. How was he not the go-to guy? Are you saying that he was an afterthought in the opposition's game plan? Seriously, you could ask any D-Coordinator that played against SC that year and I would bet that at the top of the game plan was "stop Reggie Bush".
WhoDat205 is offline  
Old 10-09-2007, 07:11 PM   #40
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,954
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Reggie Bush

Originally Posted by JOESAM2002 View Post
Just as to me there is no reason to think that he won't be. Show me an example of where he proved he never will be. It can't be done in one game. If you think it can, i'm sure glad you're not the coach. Seems to me you have to give a guy a chance. Maybe to you you don't but in management that kind of thinking wouldn't last very long.

End of my discussing this subject. I prefer to at least try to keep some kind of positive outlook. It's hard but it can be done.

P.S. I never said he had been an every down feature back.
I have every reason to think he will never be a feature back in the NFL and his past career thus far has proven it. Sure I can make the statement and until I am proven wrong then I am right. Now when that happens I'll be the first to admit I am wrong and all of you who want to call me out on it at that time feel free to do so, I feel you will have every right too.

There has been a lot of things I have been right on, including our beloved Offensive line for years now.
Euphoria is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts