Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Reggie Bush

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by LongTimeFan He may not be the feature back right now but he's the best we have so he'll have to take on that role until he does become the feature back because one day soon he'll be ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 12:56 AM   #51
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,954
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Reggie Bush

Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
He may not be the feature back right now but he's the best we have so he'll have to take on that role until he does become the feature back because one day soon he'll be one hell of a back, he's a type of back that can carry the load once he gains more experience, he's only played one game in the NFL as the "feature back"
Look Reggie is doing right now what he has always done and that is take some hand offs, catch some passes and return some kick here and there. Thats ALL he has ever done... why??? because he was and will never be a feature back. He wasn't drafted to be either. He was brought in so they can sale jerseys, help New Orleans recover and take some hand offs, catch some passes and return some kicks. Thats it... this feature back crap is all hogwash!

Having these so called high expectations is only going to bring him down in the future and just make matters worse. He has NEVER proven he could be a feature back anywheres he played.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 10-10-2007, 07:43 AM   #52
Prediction Pain
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,082
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Reggie Bush

Well, like it or not, he is the feature back right now. I have already conceded that I think he needs to be complemented by a power back but that I think he could take the bulk of the carriers (~75%) and still be very effective.

So just go ahead and be pessimistic and bitter...I'll take care of the delusional optimism and let the truth reside in the middle.
WhoDat205 is offline  
Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #53
SaintSince67
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PortCity
Posts: 2,010
Re: Reggie Bush

I agree WhoDat. Reggie needs to be lead by Karney. I think it will help him break the line of scrimmage a few times. Reggie is great in his element (open spaces) and Karney can help him in that respect...then he's on his own.
darstep is offline  
Old 10-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #54
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CRYSTAL BEACH TEXAS
Posts: 4,100
Re: Reggie Bush

I agree that running behind Karney will slow his roll and make him wait for the hole to open up. Plus it will give Brees another blocker, giving him more time and give the receivers more time to get open. My question is this. If we can see it, why can't Payton see it?

Last edited by JOESAM2002; 10-10-2007 at 01:24 PM..
JOESAM2002 is offline  
Old 10-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #55
SaintSince67
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PortCity
Posts: 2,010
Re: Reggie Bush

Perhaps Payton can't see the forest for the trees. He sees these guys everyday and has developed relationships that may blurrrrrr or taint what he is seeing on the field - and on the films. But I see Karney's skill set as an asset not being utilized to its full potential. Even Duece loved to travel the road that Karney plowed - certainly Bush can benefit from following Karney into open areas. Karney is our best blitz protector, and has really good hands for use as a safety valve. Change is always tough, and after the success of last year, there may be added pressure to try to stay the course, and do things the same way- but it is not working. Losing Duece was a HUGE blow to our ability to control the ball. So now what do we do? Payton's so called genius needs to rise to the occasion, re-evaluate what he has to work with, and put his players in the best positions to make plays and contribute to the teams success.

**SaintSince67**

Last edited by darstep; 10-10-2007 at 04:58 PM..
darstep is offline  
Old 10-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #56
Saints Junky
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Metairie Originally now a Houston transplant
Posts: 672
Re: Reggie Bush

Originally Posted by darstep View Post
Perhaps Payton can't see the forest for the trees. He sees these guys everyday and has developed relationships that may blurrrrrr or taint what he is seeing on the field - and on the films. But I see Karney's skill set as an asset not being utilized to its full potential. Even Duece loved to travel the road that Karney plowed - certainly Bush can benefit from following Karney into open areas. Karney is our best blitz protector, and has really good hands for use as a safety valve. Change is always tough, and after the success of last year, there may be added pressure to try to stay the course, and do things the same way- but it is not working. Losing Duece was a HUGE blow to our ability to control the ball. So now what do we do? Payton's so called genius needs to rise to the occasion, re-evaluate what he has to work with, and put his players in the best positions to make plays and contribute to the teams success.
I agree whole heartedly
the relationships that form between a head coach and some players will often be thicker then blood
and I also agree that some coaches will stick to there game plan to the bitter end
case in point the last 3 head coaches we have had
but considering the 0 and 4 start…
it’s time to go back to the drawing board
and I’m personally glad they are doing just that
DeadmaN is offline  
Old 10-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #57
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockley, Tx
Posts: 1,470
Re: Reggie Bush

So the expected #1 draft pick was brought in to sell Jerseys. Wow! You know he was never the featured back because he didn't have to be and it didn't fit into their scheme. Teams that use two backs, two qb's by that argument means they are not "featured". You go with what works with your game plan. Reggie has been part of two back systems not by his choice but by the teams. They have one Bruiser and one speed guy. Our Bruiser is down so Bush will have to step up and learn to be the feature back or coach gets another Bruiser and keeps the two back system. This is the opotunity to let Bush show if he can or can not do it. To say that he can't is premature since he hasn't been in a system where he has to.

Still can't get over the "we drafted him to sell tickets and jerseys".

yeah he has no talent right?
lynwood is offline  
Old 10-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #58
Saints Junky
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Metairie Originally now a Houston transplant
Posts: 672
Re: Reggie Bush

Originally Posted by lynwood View Post
So the expected #1 draft pick was brought in to sell Jerseys. Wow! You know he was never the featured back because he didn't have to be and it didn't fit into their scheme. Teams that use two backs, two qb's by that argument means they are not "featured". You go with what works with your game plan. Reggie has been part of two back systems not by his choice but by the teams. They have one Bruiser and one speed guy. Our Bruiser is down so Bush will have to step up and learn to be the feature back or coach gets another Bruiser and keeps the two back system. This is the opotunity to let Bush show if he can or can not do it. To say that he can't is premature since he hasn't been in a system where he has to.

Still can't get over the "we drafted him to sell tickets and jerseys".

yeah he has no talent right?

lol
That was pure poetry my friend…
This was my point exactly.
Give him a chance before you sell him up the river.
DeadmaN is offline  
Old 10-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #59
DARE TO ENTER
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Home Sweet Home, NEW ORLEANS, La.
Posts: 1,154
Re: Reggie Bush

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
NO he can't... why... because he never was. Thats like asking Brees ok you play our feature RB. He wasn't the feature back against the Giants that day.

Whats your point about LenDale??? go back and read my previous post.
Euph, before you type, think. You ask me can I read? Yes I can, can you articulate yourself a little better. Take for instance the statement (That's like asking Brees ok you play our feature RB.), what the hell are you talking about? You're saying asking Reggie Bush a RB to tote the load is the same as asking Drew Brees a QB to be the featured back. Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Weather he can or he can't doesn't really matters, it would benefit the Saints more if he plays from multiple positions on the field. Playing Reggie in the slot, out wide and from the "featured back" position puts the defense at an even greater disadvantage which frees up other players to make plays. Where ever Bush is lined up on the field you have to pay attention to him. Euph what is your proof that he can't be a featured back? Just because you say it doesn't make it true. And just because he didn't do it in college doesn't mean he can't do it now. So stop hating on Reggie so much, he is what he is, one hell of a talent and a difference maker, and once this offense get on track as a whole you can shutup with all that nonsense you be talking about.

saint4life
(504)
blacksaint is offline  
Old 10-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #60
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CRYSTAL BEACH TEXAS
Posts: 4,100
Re: Reggie Bush

Lynwood and DeadmaN, no truer words were ever spoken. Now if we can just just convince Euph to give the guy a chance. We all know his stance on the lines, God we've heard them on every post on every thread. Just give Reggie a chance. This is all new to him and the entire offense.
JOESAM2002 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts