Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Jeff Faine

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Look, I live in the N.O. metro area and I know a lot of Saints fans that are always negative. I just just their nature. When you lose for so long, it gets to you. Now, I am as big ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 PM   #21
Nose Digger
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 341
Re: Jeff Faine

Look, I live in the N.O. metro area and I know a lot of Saints fans that are always negative. I just just their nature. When you lose for so long, it gets to you. Now, I am as big of a Saints fan as any. The posts may not show it, but I come here pretty often...mostly in the offseason for some reason...It's hard to be positive when you expect so much out of this football team and they start off 0-4. Now we won 2 in a row....Great...But I am still not pleased with their play...The line has improved and Reggie is fun to watch, but the offense looks so out of rhythm.

I am trying best as I can to stay positive, but it sucks when people bring up next year's draft after 3 or 4 games. Thats when you know you've hit rock bottom. All I am saying is, people take losing differently. While some look at the good, some point out the bad. People are going to have opinions. Some outrageous and some are agreable. I am not going to as far to say this team doesn't have talent or Reggie is a 3rd down back, but I will say Reggie is a lot better off with a healthy Duece McAllister.

Now, I can give a good Rube Baker speech to get everyone to look on the bright side of things, but I can't do that until I see a more consistent offense and kicker. We have improved, but to meet our expectations we are going to have to improve a hell of a lot more. Like Reggie said, I wanna be that team that everyone hate to play.

Last edited by Boogro; 10-23-2007 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: mistype
Boogro is offline  
Old 10-23-2007, 11:50 PM   #22
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,953
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Jeff Faine

Originally Posted by frankeefrank View Post
Euph,
What was you take on LeCharles Bentley?
Just wondering.

I think Faine is an upgrade over Bentley at Center. Bentley was a great guard.
When you talk offensive lines you actually have to watch the player in the game not the offensive stats. Thats where show they don't know the real game. I said before and I'll say it again watch Faine on a screen pass and you'll see why we can't run screens he moves out of the way from a Defender instead of leveling a small db he lets them go. He'd rather just stand in front of someone and just try and be in there way in stead of engaging in hitting.

Bently far better! I think he's a better Guard than Center though but I know some will say otherwise and that is fine. I just think its easier to replace a center than a guard. The hardest part is setting the blocking.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #23
Nose Digger
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 341
Re: Jeff Faine

There is no wat Faine is a better center than Bentley. Yes, Bentley was a great guard and he was also a great center. Faine is better now cause he can actually play, but Bentley was the heart of our line. Did you watch the Titans game? Have you ever seen Bentley get run over that bad......ever?
Boogro is offline  
Old 10-24-2007, 12:02 AM   #24
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,953
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Jeff Faine

Originally Posted by Boogro View Post
There is no wat Faine is a better center than Bentley. Yes, Bentley was a great guard and he was also a great center. Faine is better now cause he can actually play, but Bentley was the heart of our line. Did you watch the Titans game? Have you ever seen Bentley get run over that bad......ever?
Well Faine injured and I can argue he can play but Bently is about to return for the Browns from what I hear.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:32 AM   #25
Boondock Saint
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: F***ing Atlanta
Posts: 302
Re: Jeff Faine

Originally Posted by FireVenturi View Post
Nothing against Goodwin, he might surprise, but Faine is the starter because he is better.
===========

That is not always the case. Look at the history of our franchise and coaches falling in love with players.
WhoDatQB is offline  
Old 10-24-2007, 01:51 PM   #26
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 22,413
Re: Jeff Faine

Any word on jeff playing this weekend.
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 10-24-2007, 02:40 PM   #27
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
Re: Jeff Faine

Originally Posted by WhoDatQB View Post
===========

That is not always the case. Look at the history of our franchise and coaches falling in love with players.
Different time, different coach, and different players.

Goodwin might be a viable fill in (who I agree probably will surprise) but we're talking about a ProBowl, 5 year starter, and former first round draft pick in Jeff Faine. And well Jonathan Goodwin is... Jonathan Goodwin.
papz is offline  
Old 10-24-2007, 07:18 PM   #28
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,403
Re: Jeff Faine

Originally Posted by JOESAM2002 View Post
Are you kidding? This IS Euph we're talking about you know? He hasn't a clue about the word positive!
I'll just ignore his comments from now on because most of them are just for sake of argument anyway.
No point in me trying to change him because that won't happen.
I'm enjoying the Saints this season because I see improvement and see how they fight to win every game, even though the Saints are 2-4 I see that they have a chance at finsihing strong.

On a good note, the threads started here on the site have really been good lately, I enjoy reading them, keep up the good talk guys and gals..
LongTimeFan is offline  
Old 10-24-2007, 07:28 PM   #29
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,953
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Jeff Faine

Originally Posted by papz View Post
Different time, different coach, and different players.

Goodwin might be a viable fill in (who I agree probably will surprise) but we're talking about a ProBowl, 5 year starter, and former first round draft pick in Jeff Faine. And well Jonathan Goodwin is... Jonathan Goodwin.
"Pro Bowl alternate" You don't neccesarily get into the Pro Bowl based on numbers its also a popularity vote. You be nice to voters, take a few out to dinner, play nice nice, you to have a shot to get in. He's a FRAUD! You might want to also add he was a starter for the Browns most of those years... and they dumped him off for WHO??? BENTLY!!!

We got suckered by the Browns!
Euphoria is offline  
Old 10-24-2007, 08:30 PM   #30
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
Re: Jeff Faine

Pro Bowl alternate" You don't neccesarily get into the Pro Bowl based on numbers its also a popularity vote. You be nice to voters, take a few out to dinner, play nice nice, you to have a shot to get in.
I maybe wrong (though I don't think so) but it's not the fans who vote for the Pro Bowl alternates... I believe it's the players and coaches. The fans vote for the Pro Bowl starters.

He's a FRAUD! You might want to also add he was a starter for the Browns most of those years... and they dumped him off for WHO??? BENTLY!!!
If you sit there and think about that, that doesn't exactly prove your point of Faine being a fraud... considering Bentley was a Pro Bowl guard/center. And just because he played for a horrible team, doesn't mean he's a horrible player if you were implying that. For example the Rams suck... that doesn't mean Torry Holt sucks.
papz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts