this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Rivals.com College Football - Rivals.com Top 100 NFL Draft prospects 1. Darren McFadden* - RB - 6'1" 220 lbs. - Arkansas Outstanding junior feature back has the complete package for the NFL game. 2. Glenn Dorsey - DT - 6'2" ...
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|11-20-2007, 03:50 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southlake, TX
Top 50 prospects
Rivals.com College Football - Rivals.com Top 100 NFL Draft prospects
1. Darren McFadden* - RB - 6'1" 220 lbs. - Arkansas
Outstanding junior feature back has the complete package for the NFL game.
2. Glenn Dorsey - DT - 6'2" 300 lbs. - LSU
Quick defensive tackle is an explosive performer from the inside.
3. Brian Brohm - QB - 6'4" 225 lbs. - Louisville
Experienced senior has the package to be an early NFL starter.
4. Chris Long - DE - 6'5" 285 lbs. - Virginia
Strong senior defender has taken his game to a new level this fall.
5. Jake Long - OT - 6'7" 320 lbs.- Michigan
Physical senior tackle has performed well on both sides of the line.
6. Kenny Phillips* - FS - 6'1" 205 lbs.- Miami
This smooth and athletic safety has the talent to declare for the draft early.
7. Sedrick Ellis - DT - 6'2" 295 lbs. - USC
Explosive senior tackle has been a dominant performer during his Trojans career.
8. Antoine Cason -CB - 6'1" 185 lbs.- Arizona
Shutdown corner has the coverage and ball skills to rank at the top of this critical position.
9. James Laurinaitis* - LB - 6'2" 245 lbs.- Ohio St
Productive inside linebacker has shown big-play ability in his three seasons.
10. Andre' Woodson - QB - 6'5" 230 lbs. - Kentucky
Big pocket passer looks to impress during Senior Bowl week to rank with the elite prospects.
11. Malcolm Jenkins* -CB - 6' 180 lbs. - Ohio St
Fast junior defender has the package to be the next blue-chip Buckeye cornerback.
12. Steve Slaton* - RB - 5'9" 200 lbs. - West Virginia
Fast junior is a versatile playmaker who is dangerous every time he touches the ball.
13. Malcolm Kelly* - WR - 6'3" 210 lbs. - Oklahoma
Athletic junior receiver has been unstoppable in the Big 12. He will consider entering the draft.
14. Dan Connor - LB - 6'2" 235 lbs. - Penn St
Rugged inside linebacker has the physical talent and savvy to start early in the NFL.
15. Rashard Mendenhall* - RB - 5'11" 215 lbs. - Illinois
Powerful junior tailback has been a workhorse runner and is the main catalyst for the Illini's resurgence.
16. Michael Oher* - OT - 6'5" 325 lbs.- Mississippi
Mobile junior left tackle has the physical package to become a top-flight pro pass protector.
17. DeSean Jackson* - WR - 5'11" 170 lbs. - California
Explosive junior has playmaking ability as a receiver and a return specialist.
18. Calais Campbell* - DE - 6'7" 280 lbs. - Miami
Rangy, athletic junior pass rusher has the burst of speed off the edge to become a difference-maker.
19. Gosder Cherilus - OT - 6'6" 320 lbs.- Boston College
Massive athletic left tackle has been a key blocker on QB Matt Ryan's blind side.
20. Reggie Smith*- DB - 6' 200 lbs.- Oklahoma
This athletic junior cornerback has the big-play ability to become a top-flight pro defender.
21. Early Doucet - WR - 6' 200 lbs. - LSU
Fast senior wideout has come on of late after being slowed by a minor leg injury this season.
22. Vernon Gholston* - DE - 6'4" 260 lbs.- Ohio St
Explosive junior edge rusher is a big-play performer who had an outstanding effort against Michigan.
23. Ryan Clady* - OT - 6'5" 320 lbs. - Boise St
Mobile junior left tackle has been flawless against WAC speed rushers this season.
24. Keith Rivers - LB - 6'3" 220 lbs. - USC
Speedy outside linebacker has the skills to play as an NFL rookie.
25. Mario Manningham* - WR - 5'11" 180 lbs. - Michigan
Fast junior receiver has been one of the nation's best playmakers over the last two months.
26. Tyson Jackson* - DE - 6'5" 290 lbs. - LSU
Powerful junior defensive end has developed nicely in the Tigers' physical front line.
27. Matt Ryan - QB - 6'4" 220 lbs.- Boston College
Strong armed senior quarterback has continued to impress over his final season.
28. Sam Baker - OT - 6'4" 310 lbs. - USC
Savvy senior left tackle has struggled through a leg injury since early in the season.
29. Derrick Harvey* - DE - 6'4" 245 lbs. - Florida
Quick junior pass rusher has the speed off the edge to harass many a passer.
30. Alex Boone* - OT - 6'7" 325 lbs. - Ohio St.
Agile junior left tackle is coming off a strong finish this fall that could lead to an early NFL career.
31. Justin King* - CB - 5'11"185 lbs. - Penn St
Quick junior corner has a fine package for the position, but has shown some inconsistent play in coverage.
32. Frank Okam - DT - 6'5" 320 lbs. - Texas
Rugged senior tackle is a fine inside run stuffer with the ability to push the pocket.
33. Kevin Smith* - RB - 5'11" 215 lbs. - Central Florida
Slashing powerful junior tailback has been a workhorse for UCF.
34. Earl Bennett* - WR - 6'1" 200 lbs.- Vanderbilt
Fast junior wideout set new SEC records this fall and has prototypical numbers for the pro game.
35. Xavier Adibi - LB - 6'1" 225 lbs. - Virginia Tech
Speedy outside linebacker has a high level of development and is ready to compete in the NFL.
36. James Hardy* - WR - 6'6" 220 lbs.- Indiana
Big junior wideout has been a force over the '07 season, beating some of the nation's best cover men.
37. Shawn Crable - LB - 6'3" 245 lbs.- Michigan
Versatile senior linebacker has the ability to fill any role on the outside.
38. Aqib Talib* - CB - 6'1" 180 lbs. - Kansas
Ball-hawking junior corner makes big plays in pass coverage and the return game.
39. Ray Rice* - RB - 5'9" 200 lbs. - Rutgers
This compact and powerful junior tailback has the running skills to become a workhorse in the pros.
40. Ali Highsmith - LB - 6'1" 225 lbs. - LSU
Mobile outside linebacker has the speed and instincts to become a fine pro playmaker.
41. Brandon Flowers* - CB - 5'9" 190 lbs.- Virginia Tech
Speedy junior corner is a fine cover man with playmaking ability to become a top-flight pro.
42. Devin Thomas* - WR - 6'1" 210 lbs. - Michigan St.
Fast junior receiver has come on nicely this season, showing the ability to consistently make big plays.
43. Jonathan Hefney - FS - 5'9" 185 lbs. - Tennessee
Savvy senior safety has shown fine coverage skills against top SEC talent.
44. Lawrence Jackson - DE - 6'5" 270 lbs. - USC
Athletic senior defender needs to finish strong in order to move into the first round.
45. DeJuan Tribble - CB - 5'9" 190 lbs. - Boston College
Tough, instinctive cornerback with good coverage skills and the ability to support the run.
46. Limas Sweed - WR - 6'4" 220 lbs. - Texas
Physical wideout finished his career with a wrist injury and is preparing for big postseason this winter.
47. Jonathan Stewart* - RB - 5'11" 235 lbs.- Oregon
Aggressive junior running back can be a downhill runner with the ability to break the big play at any time.
48. Mike Jenkins - CB - 6' 200 lbs. - South Florida
Big athletic senior cornerback has impressed this fall and may move up with a big postseason.
49. James Davis* - RB - 5'10" 210 lbs. - Clemson
Explosive junior tailback is a natural runner with outstanding ability.
50. Jack Ikegwuonu* - CB - 6' 200 lbs.- Wisconsin
Physical junior corner has improved his play after an erratic start to the season.
Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over, over, and over again...and expecting a different outcome!
|11-20-2007, 03:51 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southlake, TX
Next Top 50 prospects
51. Mike Hart - RB - 5'9" 200 lbs.- Michigan
Compact senior tailback struggled with an ankle sprain that has limited his production.
52. Quentin Groves - DE - 6'4" 255 lbs.- Auburn
Outside edge rusher has come on late in the season after a leg injury cost him time at midseason.
53. Felix Jones* - RB - 5'11" 200 lbs. - Arkansas
Explosive junior running back is a great role performer who can beat a defense several ways.
54. John David Booty - QB - 6'3" 210 lbs. - USC
Talented senior passer is just returning from a broken finger that cost him valuable time at midseason.
55. Keenan Burton - WR - 6'1" 205 lbs. - Kentucky
Talented receiver/return specialist has shown big-play ability in both roles.
56. Martin Rucker - TE - 6'5" 255 lbs. - Missouri
Athletic senior tight end is one of the most complete prospects at the position over recent years.
57. Phillip Wheeler - LB - 6'1" 230 lbs. - Georgia Tech
Fast linebacker has the ability to blitz, run and cover from several spots in the standard 4-3 scheme.
58. Martellus Bennett* - TE - 6'6" 255 lbs. - Texas A&M
Athletic tight end has the physical package to develop further, but had a frustrating 2007 season.
59. Dwight Lowery - CB - 6' 185 lbs. - San Jose St
Instinctive cornerback has good ball skills, which should allow him to play as a rookie.
60. DeMario Pressley - DT - 6'2" 300 lbs. - North Carolina St
Powerful senior tackle can be a force in the middle when he comes off the ball quickly.
61. Chevis Jackson - CB - 5'11" 190 lbs.- LSU
Big, athletic corner has performed well in man coverage and run support vs. SEC talent.
62. John Carlson -TE - 6'5" 255 lbs. - Notre Dame
Athletic tight end is a talented receiver who has been lost in the horrible season for the Irish.
63. Chris Ellis - DE - 6'5" 260 lbs. - Virginia Tech
Quick edge rusher has shown the burst from the outside to get to the passer.
64. Andre Fluellen - DT - 6'3" 285 lbs. - Florida St
Mobile senior tackle has had an inconsistent final season, which has hurt his overall grade to this point.
65. Dorien Bryant - WR - 5'9" 175 lbs. - Purdue
Smurf receiver/return man shows big play ability in a few roles for the pro game.
66. Colt Brennan - QB - 6'3" 210 lbs.- Hawaii
Record-setting senior passer needs to shine in major All-star game to move up any higher.
67. Barry Richardson - OT - 6'7" 325 lbs. - Clemson
Gigantic senior left tackle has the physical tools to impress against major all-star competition.
68. Quintin Demps - FS - 6' 205 lbs. - UTEP
Aggressive free safety can support the run and play man coverage.
69. Travis Beckum* - TE - 6'3" 225 lbs.- Wisconsin
Fluid receiving tight end has been unstoppable in the passing game over his fine Big Ten career.
70. John Greco - OT - 6'5" 320 lbs. - Toledo
Physical left tackle has a fine combination of power, technique and quickness.
71. Ian Johnson* - RB - 5'10" 210 lbs. - Boise St
Tough junior workhorse tailback is making a nice recovery from a bruised kidney.
72. Tony Hills - OT - 6'5" 310 lbs. - Texas
Big mobile left tackle has developed over his long Texas career.
73. Marcus Freeman* - LB - 6'1" 245 lbs. - Ohio St
Speedy junior linebacker couples with Laurinaitis to form an imposing tandem for the Buckeyes.
74. Zack Bowman - CB - 6'1" 200 lbs. - Nebraska
Athletic senior corner continues to make nice progress since returning from a serious 2006 knee injury.
75. Tom Zbikowski - SS - 5'10" 205 lbs. - Notre Dame
Tough senior safety has performed well in both run support and pass coverage this season.
76. Fred Davis - TE - 6'4" 255 lbs. - Southern Cal
Athletic senior tight end has shown top receiving skills over his final season.
77. Vince Hall - LB - 5'11" 240 lbs. - Virginia Tech
Aggressive senior Mike backer has been a sideline-to-sideline tackler with the ability to finish.
78. Tracy Porter - CB - 5'10" 190 lbs. - Indiana
Aggressive senior cover man has been one of the more complete corners in the tough Big Ten.
79. Matt Forte - RB - 6'1" 220 lbs. - Tulane
Strong workhorse tailback has had a dominant season, which has improved his stock significantly.
80. DJ Hall - WR - 6'2" 190 lbs.- Alabama
Athletic wideout has interesting pro potential with fine triangle numbers and playmaking ability.
81. Terrell Thomas - CB - 6' 200 lbs. - USC
Strong senior cornerback has the physical package to become a fine NFL starter with some development.
82. Chase Coffman* - TE - 6'5" 245 lbs. - Missouri
Big, mobile junior tight end has proven to be a dangerous receiver, especially in the red zone.
83. Chad Henne - QB - 6'2" 230 lbs.- Michigan
Strong-armed senior passer has battled a shoulder injury that has hindered his play over his final season.
84. Marcus Monk - WR - 6'5" 220 lbs.- Arkansas
Huge senior receiver has shown big play ability lately after dealing with a knee injury for most of the season.
85. Allen Patrick - RB - 5'11" 195 lbs.- Oklahoma
Quick tailback shows a fine burst to the hole and has the natural running skills to get to the second level.
86. Trae Williams - CB - 5'9" 190 lbs.- South Florida
Tough, smallish cornerback matches up well in man coverage, where he displays quickness and speed.
87. Owen Schmitt - FB - 6'3" 260 lbs. - West Virginia
Throwback player with incredible blocking strength and nicely developed skills to run and catch.
88. Josh Barrett - SS - 6'2" 235 lbs. - Arizona St
He's a linebacker-type safety who has been a catalyst in many of the Sun Devils' fine defensive performances.
89. Simeon Castille - CB - 5'11" 195 lbs. - Alabama
Physical senior cornerback has fine instincts and ball skills, in addition to sure tackling ability.
90. Wesley Woodyard - LB - 6'1" 215 lbs.- Kentucky
Speedy outside linebacker is an every-down playmaker for the Wildcats defense.
91. Will Franklin - WR - 6'1" 205 lbs. - Missouri
Athlete displays fine speed, hands and the triangle numbers to become a solid pro receiver.
92. Kendall Langford - DE - 6'6" 290 lbs.- Hampton
Athletic small-college defender has fine production and triangle numbers. He should impress in the postseason.
93. J Leman - LB - 6'1" 240 lbs. - Illinois
Savvy senior middle linebacker makes plays all over the field and has been a leader for the Illini.
94. Red Bryant - DT - 6'4" 330 lbs. - Texas A&M
Massive defensive tackle flashes big play ability but has been inconsistent – just like the Aggies program.
95. Harry Douglas - WR - 5'10" 170 lbs. - Louisville
Fast, sure-handed senior receiver has been a huge playmaker during his Cardinals career.
96. Ben Moffitt - LB - 6' 240 lbs. - South Florida
This tough inside linebacker is always around the ball to finish plays.
97. Tashard Choice - RB - 6' 210 lbs. - Georgia Tech
Tough natural runner made a successful return after a midseason knee injury cost him a few games.
98. Davone Bess* - WR - 5'10" 195 lbs.- Hawaii
Explosive smallish junior receiver has been a vital part of the incredible Hawaii passing game.
99. Trey Brown - CB - 5'9" 190 lbs. - UCLA
Tough senior cornerback has graded out well over his Pac 10 career against highly rated receivers.
100. Tommy Blake - DE - 6'3" 255 lbs.- TCU
Hoping to recover for lost time and prove he is a big-time defender, especially as a pass rusher.
Injured players whose staus is uncertain
Dennis Dixon - QB - 6'3" 210 lbs. - Oregon - out season
Adarius Bowman - WR - 6'4" 220 lbs.- Oklahoma St - out season
Jasper Brinkley - LB - 6'2" 255 lbs.- South Carolina - out season
Kory Sperry - TE - 6'6" 255 lbs.- Colorado St - out season
Sammie Stroughter - WR - 5'11" 185 lbs.- Oregon St - out season
These rankings do not correspond to the order in which he projects these players to be selected in the draft.
Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over, over, and over again...and expecting a different outcome!