Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Kenny Phillips or BUST

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; how many rookie corners make an impact? How many safeties exactly...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 59
Re: Kenny Phillips or BUST

how many rookie corners make an impact? How many safeties exactly
Supersaint19 is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #12
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hattiesburger with Cheese
Posts: 146
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Kenny Phillips or BUST

I'm not sold on him either. I think he'd be a fine player but he's not in the class of Ed Reed or LaRon Landry, and with KK turning it up in the last couple weeks, I'd rather we get an impact LB first or trade down (I don't see any corners worth the #10 pick).
NarwhalHunter is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 07:45 PM   #13
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,920
Re: Kenny Phillips or BUST

Originally Posted by Supersaint19 View Post
how many rookie corners make an impact? How many safeties exactly
What? What does that mean?
TheDeuce is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 08:09 PM   #14
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 578
Re: Kenny Phillips or BUST

Im sold on Rey Malohbdsukfbgu. The guy is good, prays he comes out. And on Phillips, why not?? Its either him, Talib, Jenkins, Rivers, or Conner for me. Phillips is a true playmaker, and the U has a knack for producing darn good safeties
D24pick is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #15
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 154
Re: Kenny Phillips or BUST

Originally Posted by NarwhalHunter View Post
and with KK turning it up in the last couple weeks, I'd rather we get an impact LB first or trade down (I don't see any corners worth the #10 pick).
Do you have a link that shows KK turning it on???

We have 0 playmakers on Defense.
Phillips is who we need.
Cancer Beater is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #16
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,920
Re: Kenny Phillips or BUST

Originally Posted by Cancer Beater View Post
Do you have a link that shows KK turning it on???

We have 0 playmakers on Defense.
Phillips is who we need.
No link, but if you watched the last few games, you'd know what he was talking about. He didn't have any turnovers, but he forced a couple with some well-timed hits. He also made some good tackles; tackles that I'm positive wouldn't have been made if Bullocks had been in.
TheDeuce is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 10:21 PM   #17
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 154
Re: Kenny Phillips or BUST

Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
No link, but if you watched the last few games, you'd know what he was talking about. He didn't have any turnovers, but he forced a couple with some well-timed hits. He also made some good tackles; tackles that I'm positive wouldn't have been made if Bullocks had been in.
Looking better than Bullocks isn't hard to do.
Like most of y'all, I've watched and re-watched every Saints game this year.
KK hasn't shown me anything that shows that he's the long term solution to our lack of a playmaker in the Secondary.
We all see something different in KK, but I enjoy discussing it with all of you.
GO SAINTS!!!!
Cancer Beater is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 10:30 PM   #18
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 59
Re: Kenny Phillips or BUST

More Safeties make an impact in their first year than corners
Supersaint19 is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 11:14 PM   #19
100th Post
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hattiesburger with Cheese
Posts: 146
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Kenny Phillips or BUST

KK is a pretty solid player, and it's a crime he wasn't starting from day one. He and Harper should do fine at safety. This isn't to say I wouldn't like Phillips with the pick, but I don't think he'd be the right pick. We need an athletic LB and a speedy CB in the worst way. Keith Rivers would be better at #10, IMO.
NarwhalHunter is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 11:26 PM   #20
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 154
Re: Kenny Phillips or BUST

Originally Posted by NarwhalHunter View Post
We need an athletic LB and a speedy CB in the worst way. Keith Rivers would be better at #10, IMO.
I look forward to see him at USC's Pro-day.
Cancer Beater is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts