Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

DE evaluation

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by triman Tackle to Tackle is where football games are won . The closer to the ball you play the more important you are , Always take the good big man because GOD did'nt make that many of ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #31
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 11,060
Re: DE evaluation

Originally Posted by triman View Post
Tackle to Tackle is where football games are won . The closer to the ball you play the more important you are , Always take the good big man because GOD did'nt make that many of them . Denver has a pretty damn good pair of starting Cbs (Bailey and Bly) they finished 28th in scoring Def. I would rather invest in front seven talent than overpay a CB FA. The NFL is moving to more wide open passing game and rule changes have made it much harder for CBs to have great impact on the game . I am not saying that you do'nt need good CBs . What I am saying is that a fierce pass rush is more effective at stopping today's NFL offenses than a Great CB
Well put triman.
papz is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #32
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 11,060
Re: DE evaluation

Originally Posted by saintspassion View Post
ok but you dont understand...we wouldnt be having the conversation if Jason David sucked so bad....if we had another mike mckenzie no one would care about getting a CB.....you dont understand how ****ty David is...i dont care what you say about the front 7....sedrick ellis wont make jason david not get burnt every play..ok....our line is not as bad at denvers either as i already said....so your saying will smith and charles grant suck>? ok good job you dont know anything
I'm sure everyone knows how bad Jason David is... and no one has said anything about Will Smith or Charles Grant being bad. All you're doing is shoving words into people's mouth and arguing with yourself.
papz is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #33
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 20
Re: DE evaluation

yall seriously know nothing about football.... lets see... after the past 2 years Fred Thomas and Jason David sucked... so yalls conclusion to fixing that is by drafting a DT???? wow...yall must not watch each game...im at the 50 yard line every game and my dad was the offensive coordinator on the chargers from 86-91....i know what the hell im talking about
saintspassion is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #34
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 11,060
Re: DE evaluation

Well good for you. However with your piss poor attitude, your stay here might be brief. I suggest you tone it down.
papz is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 07:18 PM   #35
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 154
Re: DE evaluation

Originally Posted by saintspassion View Post
yall seriously know nothing about football.... lets see... after the past 2 years Fred Thomas and Jason David sucked... so yalls conclusion to fixing that is by drafting a DT???? wow...yall must not watch each game...im at the 50 yard line every game and my dad was the offensive coordinator on the chargers from 86-91....i know what the hell im talking about
The Chargers offense SUCKED from 86-91
Cancer Beater is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #36
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 23,488
Re: DE evaluation

Originally Posted by saintspassion View Post
yall seriously know nothing about football.... lets see... after the past 2 years Fred Thomas and Jason David sucked... so yalls conclusion to fixing that is by drafting a DT???? wow...yall must not watch each game...im at the 50 yard line every game and my dad was the offensive coordinator on the chargers from 86-91....i know what the hell im talking about
So then the answer is to sign a Free Agent CB or to draft a corner with the no# 10 pick. I think we all know we need corners ( Florence or Trufant )

I hope Mike is doing well, and unless Jason David in Corner Back school re learning his job we need corners. Oh yeah and two LB.

Last edited by QBREES9; 02-09-2008 at 10:13 PM..
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 06:19 AM   #37
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 15,872
Blog Entries: 68
Re: DE evaluation

Originally Posted by saintspassion View Post
yall seriously know nothing about football.... lets see... after the past 2 years Fred Thomas and Jason David sucked... so yalls conclusion to fixing that is by drafting a DT???? wow...yall must not watch each game...im at the 50 yard line every game and my dad was the offensive coordinator on the chargers from 86-91....i know what the hell im talking about
Look if you have a lesson to provide us about defense go for it. But for God's sake try to be educated about it. This is a forum were we talk out the issue. So to belittle a person does you no good. It only makes people have little faith in your knowledge. I have been reading your posts and have a few words of advice for you.
Stop looking for a fight.
We go at it all the time but try to do as friends not like we are at a bar. There is no stepping outside to punch your point home. OK
Paz is right. Time could be brief. This is a family site. We have men, woman and younger fans here. Please keep that in mind.
Look your dad was a OC and thats all great but it does us no good if you can not explain the ideas completely and in detail. I am sure your Dad tried to teach you this also. He was a teacher himself. So share your insight and let us read them. We are here to learn a thing or two about football. Your insights from your Dad could prove to be a great addition. But you need to be little more tact-full in your approach. In your face does not work.
Besides there are some people you can never change. They need to see your statements come true on the field. Then you can point out you told them so. That seems to work best with them.
i hope you read this post in the right manor. I welcome you and your insights and will be looking for them. But this is a family site and that above all else that will be protected. Educate me. Do not offend me. I will never give you respect that way. I am a bonehead at times but I am not stupid. Neither are the others that post here.

"We may have lost the game, but you'll be hurting tomorrow." Doug Atkins

Last edited by hagan714; 02-10-2008 at 06:31 AM..
hagan714 is offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 07:44 PM   #38
Nose Digger
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 341
Re: DE evaluation

Wit hthe exception of Champ Bailey, every corner back in the Pro Bowl has either a D-Lineman or Pass rushing OLB (3-4) style get selected to the
Boogro is offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #39
Nose Digger
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 341
Re: DE evaluation

With the exception of Champ Bailey, every corner back in the Pro Bowl has either a D-Lineman or Pass rushing OLB (3-4) style get selected to the Pro Bowl also...Coincidence? I think not
Boogro is offline  
Old 02-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #40
Boondock Saint
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: F***ing Atlanta
Posts: 302
Re: DE evaluation

Originally Posted by saintspassion View Post
yall seriously know nothing about football.... lets see... after the past 2 years Fred Thomas and Jason David sucked... so yalls conclusion to fixing that is by drafting a DT???? wow...yall must not watch each game...im at the 50 yard line every game and my dad was the offensive coordinator on the chargers from 86-91....i know what the hell im talking about
=============

Offensive Coordinator huh? Well limit your responses to the offensive discussions unless you cannot act a little nicer.

If we had Champ Bailey as a starting corner, gave him ESP, and then cloned him so we now had TWO Champ Bailey's with ESP, they would get beat without pressure on the QB. The QB's in this league can fit the ball into such small places that a great CB will not fix our problem.

Big deal that Denver's pass D was better than ours, we had an underperforming pass rushing D line and a horrible CB on one side. The DOncos have an average D line and probably the best CB tandem in the league. The Giants Pass D was much better than ours, they have a great front 4 and even their starting CB's were not any good, forget the fact they played with out at least one of their starters all year long. Look at what they did when it mattered, the Doncos would have been torn up by the Patriots. The great QB's consistently win the battle against a great CB if they have time to throw.
WhoDatQB is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts