Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

With the 10th pick the Saints select...

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I meant to say kenny phillips at FS* in an earlier post. I think if McFadden fell past pick 6 then Dallas would tade up with NE before us.. I hate to see it but that's more likely. I don't ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 01:12 AM   #31
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 227
Re: With the 10th pick the Saints select...

I meant to say kenny phillips at FS* in an earlier post.

I think if McFadden fell past pick 6 then Dallas would tade up with NE before us.. I hate to see it but that's more likely. I don't think NE is really fixed on any particular player.. and they could shock everyone and take McFadden if he fell for all we know..

I could see Gholston going number one overall to Miami too.. I THINK there's gonna be some serious draft day shockers and excitement. I can't wait.. It's still what seems like an eternity away though before any of that happens!
beauchristopher is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 05:28 AM   #32
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,978
Blog Entries: 52
Re: With the 10th pick the Saints select...

Talbid and move him to FS over phillips.
round 2 for your CB.
Tracy Porter, Indiana, 5107, 186, 4.33
Justin King, Penn St., 5107, 192, 4.31

sleeper in day 2
Darnell Terrell, Missouri, 6016, 205 4.45 (CB/S/WR tweener)
Tyvon Branch, Connecticut, 5113, 204, 4.31

Last edited by hagan714; 03-10-2008 at 05:39 AM..
hagan714 is online now  
Old 03-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #33
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,557
Blog Entries: 3
Re: With the 10th pick the Saints select...

The Saints will take either a DT or CB with #10 (if they stay at ten)
rotation, rotation, rotation will be the name of our new defensive scheme of the future.
Ellis won't be around, Dorsey is too risky and Balmer is, well, not a top 10.

But I think we take McKelvin or Jenkins (my pick) with our first selection.

Second round we address DT with Dre Moore or Pat Sims (my pick)

Third round we pick my favorite sleeper LB in Johnathan Goff from Vandy.. (I've called him the best value LB in the draft).

Later rounds look for guards, TE's and receivers. Possibly Eric Ainge in round 5.

Write this down and put it on your fridge next to your kid's finger paintings because I'm feeling good about this one.

saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #34
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,978
Blog Entries: 52
Re: With the 10th pick the Saints select...

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
Ellis won't be around, Dorsey is too risky and Balmer is, well, not a top 10.

But I think we take McKelvin or Jenkins (my pick) with our first selection.

Second round we address DT with Dre Moore or Pat Sims (my pick)

Third round we pick my favorite sleeper LB in Johnathan Goff from Vandy.. (I've called him the best value LB in the draft).

Later rounds look for guards, TE's and receivers. Possibly Eric Ainge in round 5.
i could handle that but the 1st rounders would cause me to eat antacid tablets for the next two years,
hagan714 is online now  
Old 03-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #35
THE BEAST
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 85
Re: With the 10th pick the Saints select...

This hasn't been talked about much but I still would not put it past Payton to draft Mendenhall at #10...I'm sure his argument would be "we addressed key def needs through free agency"...he better hope mendenhall is all that and then some....if not he's getting run out of N.O.
gptsaintsfan is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #36
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,557
Blog Entries: 3
Re: With the 10th pick the Saints select...

Originally Posted by gptsaintsfan View Post
This hasn't been talked about much but I still would not put it past Payton to draft Mendenhall at #10...I'm sure his argument would be "we addressed key def needs through free agency"...he better hope mendenhall is all that and then some....if not he's getting run out of N.O.
Four reasons we don't draft Mendenhall:
1. Reggie
2. Deuce (his rehab is ahead of schedule)
3. Pierre Thomas
4. Stecker
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #37
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,557
Blog Entries: 3
Re: With the 10th pick the Saints select...

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
i could handle that but the 1st rounders would cause me to eat antacid tablets for the next two years,
I know you're a big Talib fan and I wouldn't mind seeing him either - just a hunch we grab one of these "standouts".
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 03-11-2008, 05:04 AM   #38
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,978
Blog Entries: 52
Re: With the 10th pick the Saints select...

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
I know you're a big Talib fan and I wouldn't mind seeing him either - just a hunch we grab one of these "standouts".
It is just a small school CB at 10 will take time, even big school CB will take time. That alot of money at 10 for that time. But we are gambling alot this year our LB signings are anything but safe bets. So I am guessing the trend will continue. Roll away. come on sevens.
hagan714 is online now  
Old 03-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #39
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,557
Blog Entries: 3
Re: With the 10th pick the Saints select...

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
It is just a small school CB at 10 will take time, even big school CB will take time. That alot of money at 10 for that time. But we are gambling alot this year our LB signings are anything but safe bets. So I am guessing the trend will continue. Roll away. come on sevens.
You said it!! We might have to nickname Payton "Coach Snake Eyes" Come on baby daddy needs a new pair of shoes!!!

Whoever falls to us at #10, the Saints have addressed every area of need on defense this offseason and might actually be able to take BPA. CB seems to be the most glaring need other than DT and that's why I see a DB coming to N.O. at 10.

wow - I just saw that Mayock has DRC coming to us at 10 (updated March 10th) I love the offseason.
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #40
THE BEAST
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 85
Re: With the 10th pick the Saints select...

(Assuming Ellis and Dorsey are off the board) If the Saints take Rivers, Jenkins, McKelvin, or DRC I'll be happy.
gptsaintsfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts