Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Ed Orgeron: 2008 Draft X-Factor for Saints?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Here you can post comments for article: Ed Orgeron: 2008 Draft X-Factor for Saints?...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
Site Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 9,134
Blog Entries: 2
Ed Orgeron: 2008 Draft X-Factor for Saints?

Here you can post comments for article: Ed Orgeron: 2008 Draft X-Factor for Saints?
admin is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,978
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Ed Orgeron: 2008 Draft X-Factor for Saints?

i have to agree. He knows the players in the draft and for the next few years to come.
hagan714 is online now  
Old 03-07-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 227
Re: Ed Orgeron: 2008 Draft X-Factor for Saints?

I have to admit Orgeron is incredible.. In 2004 we had the state's BEST football player on my high school team.. His name was Gary Pack and he started as a freshman along with Patrick Willis.. He was recruited by florida state, miami, fl, texas.. etc you name it.. His dream was to play for Florida State all his high school career and BOBBY BOWDEN came personally all the way to our high school in Mississippi.. yet somehow Orgeron swung him to go to Ole Miss in Orgeron's first year recruiting for the 2005 season.... I have no idea how he did it.. too bad my friend couldn't get his head on straight and ended up quitting the team.. He is an absolute BEAST.

Last edited by beauchristopher; 03-07-2008 at 10:11 PM..
beauchristopher is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 10:37 PM   #4
B&G StaffWriter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 382
Re: Ed Orgeron: 2008 Draft X-Factor for Saints?

Originally Posted by hagan714 View Post
i have to agree. He knows the players in the draft and for the next few years to come.
...here, here! It appears that good things ahead!
Stealthman is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
B&G StaffWriter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 382
Re: Ed Orgeron: 2008 Draft X-Factor for Saints?

Originally Posted by beauchristopher View Post
I have to admit Orgeron is incredible.. In 2004 we had the state's BEST football player on my high school team.. His name was Gary Pack and he started as a freshman along with Patrick Willis.. He was recruited by florida state, miami, fl, texas.. etc you name it.. His dream was to play for Florida State all his high school career and BOBBY BOWDEN came personally all the way to our high school in Mississippi.. yet somehow Orgeron swung him to go to Ole Miss in Orgeron's first year recruiting for the 2005 season.... I have no idea how he did it.. too bad my friend couldn't get his head on straight and ended up quitting the team.. He is an absolute BEAST.
Thanks for sharing this info, Beau-C.

I wouldn't be surprised if Orgeron is the talk of the town come Monday (following the draft).
Stealthman is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
100th Post
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 227
Re: Ed Orgeron: 2008 Draft X-Factor for Saints?

I am really excited to see him coach the d-line. I honestly got a great feeling about the defense this year as opposed to last season.
beauchristopher is offline  
Old 03-08-2008, 02:17 AM   #7
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 15,268
Blog Entries: 45
Re: Ed Orgeron: 2008 Draft X-Factor for Saints?

I'm hoping there's just an overall better defense with the additions and the new coaching. We're finally trying to build a defense again.
Halo is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #8
B&G StaffWriter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 382
Re: Ed Orgeron: 2008 Draft X-Factor for Saints?

Originally Posted by beauchristopher View Post
I am really excited to see him coach the d-line. I honestly got a great feeling about the defense this year as opposed to last season.
B-C,

Hard to go in any direction other than UP after 2007! Yes, you have a great reason to be optimistic about our chances.
Stealthman is offline  
Old 03-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #9
B&G StaffWriter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 382
Re: Ed Orgeron: 2008 Draft X-Factor for Saints?

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
I'm hoping there's just an overall better defense with the additions and the new coaching. We're finally trying to build a defense again.
Halo,

With Drew Brees directing the offense, Steve Gleason back to lead special teams, if Dan Morgan & Jonathan Vilma stay healthy ...the Saints will be downright S-C-A-R-Y!!!
Stealthman is offline  
Old 03-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #10
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
Re: Ed Orgeron: 2008 Draft X-Factor for Saints?

Been down this road... it's like talking to a brick wall. No point in having the same conversation over for the gazillionth time. Hopefully our defensive line has a good season and maybe then you'll give it a rest.

Last edited by papz; 03-20-2008 at 07:59 PM..
papz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts