Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Who Do You Take?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by saintsmissile Apparently, he must do something right because both Gibbs and Payton think the guy is great. If you listen to interviews both have nothing but good things to say about JB. Scares me to death whenever ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 12:19 PM   #21
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Evansville, IN (Where is that?)
Posts: 64
Re: Who Do You Take?

Originally Posted by saintsmissile View Post
Apparently, he must do something right because both Gibbs and Payton think the guy is great. If you listen to interviews both have nothing but good things to say about JB. Scares me to death whenever they say it to. You know it's bad whenever JB makes a play (once in about 5 games) and you say, "WOW! Bullucks ACTUALLY just made a play"! The guy is terrible. You don't have to be a football genius to see it either.
Yeah well Gibbs and Payton have made a number of poor personel decisions in my opinion. Simoneau over Simmons, David over anyone else, Faine over Goodwin, Shanle over Simmons, Reggie/Stecker over Pierre, and most importantly Bullocks over Kaesviharn. I mean there was a Payton interview posted on this site this year where he was quoted as saying that Simoneau was our best linebacker last year. What the hell was he watching?!
cajunasian61 is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #22
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,955
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Who Do You Take?

Originally Posted by cajunasian61 View Post
Bullocks is worse than David in my opinion. At least David can tackle, and catch the football. I can't think of one thing Bullocks does well
This is totally correct. What how many times he is out of position. Lets the WR's get past him. Undisiplined!!!
Euphoria is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #23
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,955
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Who Do You Take?

Originally Posted by saintsmissile View Post
This is all true, what would be your "diagnosis" of J.David, J.Craft and U.Young?
We also signed another CB during FA...

Part of the game is applying pressure. You get to the QB, he'll have less time to make a good pass, less time to find an open WR. Greating pressue will hide some defects... Hell look what the Giants did to the Pats. Made them look silly.

PRESSURE... PRESSURE... PRESSURE.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #24
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
Re: Who Do You Take?

As the president of Josh Bullocks fan club, you'll all be eating your words!

papz is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #25
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,955
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Who Do You Take?

Originally Posted by saintsmissile View Post
Okay? Where was Grant and W.Smith last year? I know, I know. You're going to blame their poor sack totals on the fact that our DT's were not getting doubled making it harder for them to apply pressure. Have you ever thought that good coverage will make the opposing qb's hold the ball longer and give the DT's/DE's extra time to get to the qb? Guess not.
Dude when has Grant ever been feared for his pass rushing??? NEVER. To think all of a sudden he is a mad pass rusher is nuts. Running toping DE is all he is. Verdict still out on Smith.

Do you know the Rule changes over the past couple of years??? Its favors the WR's. There are even few "SHUT DOWN" corners now because of it. WR will get open against anyone if you give them enought time period.

If you give the QB 3 seconds or less my grandmother will be able to cover Randy Moss.

And by the way no one should look for excuses for Grant and Smith they are over paid for what they do and deserve the blame just as much as anyone else.

E U P H O R I A
Euphoria is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #26
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,955
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Who Do You Take?

Originally Posted by saintsmissile View Post
I agree about Grant and Smith. I was NOT in favor of giving Grant 65 million, I though it was nuts. However, I do feel that you have a better chance of having a good defense if you have avg DT's and above avg corners. You have above avg DT's and crappy cb's, you'll still get burned almost weekly.
Well now your arguement doesn't hold water.
Case in point, the past two Super Bowls were won by intense and relentless pressure on the QB that the COLTS and GIANTS applied.

You may also fail to realize that Jason David was on that Colts team and has a Super Bowl ring becuase for his efforts and the pressure they applied. So if David can be on a winning SB team then we are ok because MM is a better than your average everyday CB. So lets see what could be holding us back...

PRESSURE ON THE QB font 7 and SS and FS.

E U P H O R I A
Euphoria is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #27
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,914
Re: Who Do You Take?

Yeah but David was in a Cover 2 when he won a ring. There's no way in hell he can play man-to-man at an elite level.
TheDeuce is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #28
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,955
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Who Do You Take?

There is no yeah but...

Fact is fact he's got a ring. Colts had pressure on the QB. He can play at a high level when you get pressure on a QB.

Elite level... you're kidding right? So the Super Bowl is the same as a neighborhood pick up game. Its the biggest game in a pro football players career and he has a ring to show for it and you nor anyone can take that from him.

So when people say the biggest area of need and only point to one position you are wrong. There are many areas that need to be addressed.

E U P H O R I A

Last edited by Euphoria; 03-25-2008 at 01:51 PM..
Euphoria is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #29
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,914
Re: Who Do You Take?

He can play at a high level with pressure in a Cover 2, that's what I would argue. Fact of the matter is, he's the worst man cover corner I've ever seen in the NFL. I don't care how much pressure you get, he's still going to get burned.
TheDeuce is offline  
Old 03-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #30
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,955
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Who Do You Take?

Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
He can play at a high level with pressure in a Cover 2, that's what I would argue. Fact of the matter is, he's the worst man cover corner I've ever seen in the NFL. I don't care how much pressure you get, he's still going to get burned.
I think you are going off topic here...
So was MM at time burnt. But SS and FS were out of position and blew it.

You can help our CB's out by getting pressure on the QB and that has been proven... "lets review" JASON DAVID HAS A SB RING BECAUSE OF IT. So there is my point. Its not defending him or attacking him its all about PRESSURE.
Euphoria is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts