Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Will Rivers move up the board?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by gptsaintsfan I disagree on the point that teams have solidified there boards on 3 Apr. True, there is no more film to gain. But pro days and personal workouts are still taking place. Who are you disagreeing ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #11
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
Re: Will Rivers move up the board?

Originally Posted by gptsaintsfan View Post
I disagree on the point that teams have solidified there boards on 3 Apr. True, there is no more film to gain. But pro days and personal workouts are still taking place.
Who are you disagreeing with... because no one said that.
papz is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #12
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,838
Re: Will Rivers move up the board?

Originally Posted by gptsaintsfan View Post
I disagree on the point that teams have solidified there boards on 3 Apr. True, there is no more film to gain. But pro days and personal workouts are still taking place.
Also unexpected injuries, car wrecks, lawsuits, stabbings, DUI's, arrests, and reports of steroid abuse as well.
LordOfEntropy is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 05:12 PM   #13
THE BEAST
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 85
Re: Will Rivers move up the board?

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I am also convience that most teams have made up their minds and the boards are set this time of year. Its only media and fans who play with and try and predict whats going to happend and all that can happen that day. I mean these draft picks have played all the football they are going to play nothing more to put to tape, its done. Anything they do now is second guessing and that is never good. Who cares what your 40 speed is or high how you can jump its a matter how you translated that speed and agilities on the field. Its done. Whatever it is its done.
Unless I misinterpreted this statement by Euphoria, I see him talking about draft boards being set this time of year (granted he didn't say 3 april but this is the topic imo). At the end of the statement he writes, "It's done. Whatever it is it's done." I take that as saying teams know right now (Apr 3) without any debate who they are selecting on 26 and 27 april. I am just saying there is still alot of hands-on evaluation that are to take place so to say these teams are locked into a pick is a little far-fetched.

Thanks for the post papz.

gptsaintsfan is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #14
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
Re: Will Rivers move up the board?

Actually I thought you were referring to my post... my bad. I see why you made that statement.
papz is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #15
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,950
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Will Rivers move up the board?

Originally Posted by papz View Post
Who are you disagreeing with... because no one said that.
I think I said something similar to that but don't think word for word. And I say that I don't think the that teams boards change all that much. The reason being if you go to the past drafts and look at some of the Mocks early after the season and then on draft day there wasn't much change. If you see them through out that period there was a lot of up and down movements.

I strongly feel teams are pretty much locked in now what they want and who they want. Its just a matter of will that player be there when they pick.

THe media such as Kiper and other outlets all change and make adjustments... why??? well I'll tell ya. To get goobers like us to read and buy more... post more so they can show there advertisers "look viewers", advertise here with us.

There isn't anything more they can get from a player that hasn't already been documented and they have been compiling the info for a long time its done they know there boards and preparing senieros on what might happen before they pick but they know. They are locked.

This is mostly pre-draft and media crap hype.

E U P H O R I A

Last edited by Euphoria; 04-03-2008 at 07:01 PM..
Euphoria is offline  
Old 04-07-2008, 10:26 PM   #16
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24
Re: Will Rivers move up the board?

Unless a dt falls which I'm not sure about taking one this high, because of alot of failures in the top 10. Rivers is the best pick with a deep class of cb's and the ones we already have. I think with the improvement of de depth and the new lb's (even better with Rivers) the Dbs will be better and the defense downright scary.
HUSKER is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts