Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Is pierre tradeable?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; so...what you're really trying to say is that we lost in 2007 because our defense was awful?...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #61
Drunkagen
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: kenner
Posts: 356
Re: Is pierre tradeable?

so...what you're really trying to say is that we lost in 2007 because our defense was awful?
phatoosdey is offline  
Old 05-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #62
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Is pierre tradeable?

SFIAH, i actually read all of that....and i didnt say that the defense was good...everybody agrees that our defense was terrible and thats an understatement.....what i did say is that matchups on offense were different having reggie in the slot with duece in the backfield as opposed to just PT in the backfield

Last edited by CantonLegend; 05-17-2008 at 12:06 PM..
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 05-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #63
The Professor
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lithonia, GA
Posts: 1,421
Re: Is pierre tradeable?

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
SFIAH, i actually read all of that....and i didnt say that the defense was good...everybody agrees that our defense was terrible and thats an understatement.....what i did say is that matchups on offense were different having reggie in the slot with duece in the backfield as opposed to just PT in the backfield
You believe that the matchups are different. But there's very little supporting evidence to support that observation. As I said in another post, Deuce going down moved Bush into the I back position. That was the loss of flexibility.

I assert once again with my Chicago game as evidence, that PT23 can be productive in that I back position, and be productive enough to free Bush to go back to being the X factor.

SFIAH
SaintFanInATLHELL is offline  
Old 05-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #64
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,683
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Is pierre tradeable?

Originally Posted by SaintFanInATLHELL View Post
You believe that the matchups are different. But there's very little supporting evidence to support that observation. As I said in another post, Deuce going down moved Bush into the I back position. That was the loss of flexibility.

I assert once again with my Chicago game as evidence, that PT23 can be productive in that I back position, and be productive enough to free Bush to go back to being the X factor.

SFIAH
PT didnt have reggie at all in that game so u cant use that as an example....PT was all alone and he did what we needed...there isnt evidence other than game films showing who was open on routes....and even then its difficult to see because drew often gets rid of the ball when he finds the open man...he doesnt wait for a safety to come up and cover the slot or RB in the flats
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 06:04 AM   #65
The Professor
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lithonia, GA
Posts: 1,421
Re: Is pierre tradeable?

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
PT didnt have reggie at all in that game so u cant use that as an example....PT was all alone and he did what we needed...there isnt evidence other than game films showing who was open on routes....and even then its difficult to see because drew often gets rid of the ball when he finds the open man...he doesnt wait for a safety to come up and cover the slot or RB in the flats
Your quote:

PT was all alone and he did what we needed
Now don't you think that if he can pull it off by himself, that he definitely can fill the slot when coupled with Bush?

SFIAH
SaintFanInATLHELL is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 08:33 AM   #66
The Dark Overlord
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: dirty south
Posts: 3,450
Re: Is pierre tradeable?

Originally Posted by SaintFanInATLHELL View Post
Your quote:



Now don't you think that if he can pull it off by himself, that he definitely can fill the slot when coupled with Bush?

SFIAH
not based on one game.. i dont... i want to see it over the course of a full season before i start claiming him to be the next big thing...
pakowitz is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #67
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,019
Blog Entries: 39
Re: Is pierre tradeable?

agreed Pak. I think the chicago game gave him the right to play more and thats it. He earned his shot at more playing time. Thats all.
hagan714 is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #68
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11
Re: Is pierre tradeable?

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
Ideally we want duece back...if that happens then that obviously makes Pierre expendable....everybody on these forums seem to have fallen madly in love with him after last seasons performance...but if we have a healthy duece then we dont need him....he could be traded for someone we do want or a need position to fill....ne ideas or thoughts on the subject?
its possible that we trade him but its not likely at all. he showcased his talent in the bears game last season. he showed that he can be a true number 1. we will get to see a lot more of him this year. if he is worth ne thing it will be seen this year. for the money we are paying him he will be a saint for a few years at least simply because he'll be productive and inexpensive
Doctor Saint is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #69
The Dark Overlord
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: dirty south
Posts: 3,450
Re: Is pierre tradeable?

Originally Posted by Doctor Saint View Post
he showcased his talent in the bears game last season. he showed that he can be a true number 1.


i think he showed that he deserves some more playing time.. not that he can be a true #1... if he can keep producing like that over the course of a whole season then we will know if he can be a true #1 or not...


alot of people who like PT have written off reggie as being an everydown back which i think is a crazy thing to do... when reggie is on the field he is the most watched player out there.. and u cant argue that...

while PT is a relatively unknown player who most likely wasnt a huge threat, he performed very well in the bears game and i applaude him for that.. but im not going to say he should be our #1 based on one game and him being a relative unknown threat at the time...

I Live In Beastmode!
pakowitz is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 04:30 PM   #70
King Ssaint
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 3
Re: Is pierre tradeable?

Deuce is getting up there, we should keep Pierre as Deuce's replacement. Deuce will not be around for long..... and if Reggie keeps running the ball the way he has been, we will need a RB.
ssaints4ever is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts