Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Other Saints web sites lack personality

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; They're just jealous cuz their avatars suck...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #11
Hu Dat!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,486
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Other Saints web sites lack personality

They're just jealous cuz their avatars suck
neugey is offline  
Old 10-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 11,129
Re: Other Saints web sites lack personality

Originally Posted by boonedocksaint View Post
thanks, bud. i agree! i like it here a lot more, too.

i have to admit, though, i found this websight by accident. i was trying to log onto my favorite porn site: blackandold.com. its just a bunch of nude, black grannies, but, hey...different strokes for different folks!

Fess up... who attempted to log onto that site?

papz is offline  
Old 10-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,748
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Other Saints web sites lack personality

Originally Posted by papz View Post
Fess up... who attempted to log onto that site?

WTF!!?? And I thought I'd seen it all... black-and-OLD.com?? LMFAO!!!
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 10-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #14
12,000 BS Posts
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 12,915
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Other Saints web sites lack personality

Originally Posted by boonedocksaint View Post
thanks, bud. i agree! i like it here a lot more, too.

i have to admit, though, i found this websight by accident. i was trying to log onto my favorite porn site: blackandold.com. its just a bunch of nude, black grannies, but, hey...different strokes for different folks!
Originally Posted by papz View Post
Fess up... who attempted to log onto that site?

Yep... love the site... love the Mods.... cause they allow stupid cat pictures which got me banned at SR.
They drove the dog loving Homophobes nuts. LOL


Last edited by foreverfan; 10-13-2009 at 05:21 PM..
foreverfan is offline  
Old 10-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #15
Site Donor MONTHLY
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 18,098
Blog Entries: 45
Re: Other Saints web sites lack personality

Everything you guys say about this site and the work we do touches me to my heart, and it's deeply appreciated- probably more than you know.

I do not advocate criticizing other Saints sites because I see them as fellow Saints fans. Unfortunately, some feel competative with this site and take every step to trash it, demean it and degrade it. That's ok because I believe everything comes around.

This is a Saints related topic, but I'd rather move the thread to Ultimate Smack Talk where you have to login to read it... but I'm not going to do that just because....

Thanks everyone, your words, participation and efforts keep the site (and me) going.

P.S. I really did have withdrawals when the site was down for a week. LOL I kept clicking my own bookmark and it wasn't there and I laughed - and the emails during the small disaster were UNREAL! No one complained, it was the opposite. People begged me to just turn it back on and I decided to wait no longer because OF ALL OF YOU!!

Like blackandgold.com on facebook follow us on Twitter
Halo is offline  
Old 10-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #16
Cake or Death?
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,608
Re: Other Saints web sites lack personality

Yeah this site absolutely ROCKS!

But, when you have downed a few cold brews, and you are ready for one of the funniest moments in your lifetime.... (besides the blackandold.com comment, lol)

Logon to that SR site, upload an avatar of Rush Limbaugh, then create a post in the "Everything Else" group about the greatest Hannity show you have ever seen. And do yourself a favor and really play up the "how he said this and that about Obama", etc etc. Throw in a good "Socialist" here and there as well.

I don't care if you love Hannity, Obama, Rush, repuds, dems.. whatever.

Just sit back and and laugh at the responses you get from the "naked on their couch with wireless Internet" SR grunge that escapes from the pits of that forum.

Seriously, it makes for a great waste of time when you are anxiously waiting for Sunday.

Last edited by exile; 10-13-2009 at 08:27 PM..
exile is offline  
Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #17
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,913
Re: Other Saints web sites lack personality

I'm so happy that someone told me about this site, for a while I'd just shake my head of some of the "elites" over on SR with some of their posts. I agree, if you didn't agree with them, then you were wrong ... end of discussion and it didn't matter if you were right. I got a warning one day because I voiced a dislike for Hebert, this was in like June or something.

This site rocks, it feels good to go to a Saints website and not see people argue over difference in opinions. Keep up the good work mods

RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 10-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #18
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 23,761
Re: Other Saints web sites lack personality

???? Um there are other Saints boards. LOL
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 10-14-2009, 06:39 AM   #19
Im BACK!!!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Barrio, H-town
Posts: 5,794
Re: Other Saints web sites lack personality

I disagree Rugby. Site-X definitely has a personality, just a very defective one.
Originally Posted by B_Dub_Saint View Post
This is by far the best Saints community on the web. I really am embarrassed that those so called fans root for the Saints.
Funny you should say that, because I found "Fabulous People R Us" so ugly, it almost tainted my fandom. I heard nastier things there than I've ever heard from any Falcons fan. It took me a while, after switching to B&G to understand that, contrary to their delusions, those losers dont represent Saints fans, New Orleans, or Louisiana. Also, I now understand that their clique characters are basically social nerds, explaining the need for keyboard aggression. Its the only life they have.

Since I've came to B&G, I have yet to hear the terms, "fail," "pwned," "worst post ever," or any of those little condescending cartoon faces they like to throw at each other over there. Its like a bunch of 14 yr. old girls. It really is sad, and a poor representation of our fan base.

The first thing I got when I came on board here was basically, "Welcome, brother Saints fan." Incredible.

I'm too busy to argue with idiots. I'd rather hang out with truly cool people, who apparently have more fufilling sex lives.

As far as other sites, Im guessing that one with Fleur-D-Licious is pretty interesting, but I just dont have time to learn to navigate
anything else. I barely know how to use this one. (I "fail" at internet-haha)

This one really is the place to be, and I'll do what I can to make it better.
skymike is offline  
Old 10-14-2009, 06:48 AM   #20
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,895
Re: Other Saints web sites lack personality

Originally Posted by skymike View Post
and I'll do what I can to make it better.
Seriously? Quit posting, then! j/k...but, you know that, don't you?
Saint_LB is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts